Logan Logan Box Office Prediction Thread

Yes, good reviews are giving it legs.

Either people are looking at Rotten Tomatoes (though I dispute its popularity among ordinary folk), or seeing reviews on their local cinema website (each film listed has an overall rating from customer reviews on the Odeon websites, for instance), or the newspaper they read (whether daily, or Sunday papers, or online).

Logan is the highest rated current release on the Odeon websites, it has 4.5 while BaTB and Kong both have 4.

Also, Logan or Kong are likely the preferred choice for dads and boys on this weekend while mums and girls go to Beauty and the Beast. Not the case with everyone of course, but I saw a couple of people mention this behaviour on Facebook.

In the UK, Logan is rated 15, meaning suitable only for persons of 15 years and older.

Studios put tomato scores in TV spots and even on DVD covers. Suffice it to say, its recognized and used by the general audience.

It's about where Doctor Strange was after two weeks, and while the critical acclaim will help it's BO total, the R rating will offset that somewhat. 650 is probably safe.

We'll see. Anyone wanna bet?

I also wanna bet it will surpass DOFP and The Last Stand Domestic gross.

About that "Logan will not pass Apocalypse" claim...:o

Good to know that didn't happen. Well many people also claimed that Apocalypse would outgross Dofp and look how things turned out.

I'm happy that Logan is doing well as part of the X-Men franchise, but not so happy for the message it could send out - that films with one main character and no X-Men team are the ones that do well.

I'm happy that Logan is doing well as part of the X-Men franchise, but not so happy for the message it could send out - that films with one main character and no X-Men team are the ones that do well.
real message should be original cast is much bigger drawn than first class
cast.especilly when film is actully good.

Logan very likely will end domesticly close or perhapes even higher than
Last Stand and DOFP.

The thing on blockbusters is first off you need a reason for people to fill the seats.bad films can make tons of money.Suicide squad and Batman V superman for example and transformers films.

Ignoring deadpool the most successful recent X films had return of original cast In DOFP and swan song for jackman and allegedly Stewart in Logan.
of course it also helps both films were the best reviewed films in series.

Or that a quality film that takes a risk and has a great director with a vision behind it, that will drive people to the cinema to see said movie.

Tack on another $1.6 million for Monday. That takes it to about $185.9 million.

It looks like I predicted the right range, yay me.

It did good and will be second to DoFP in the entire franchise when all is said and done.

A most def high note.

It was a decent day. The big thing to note is that it started losing screens this past weekend, about 400, or around 10%. It should get to about $200 million by the end of next weekend, but from there the slog for the last $20-30 million or so begins.

So Logan just passed the $500 million mark as of today. Great news for the film, really. Sure, I'm betting that both Guardians 2 and Spider-Man, with the Marvel Studios machine, could probably get that in a day and outlets will jump on that as good news worth discussing, but in the case of Logan, what this means not just for the X-Men franchise but comic book films in general, that's great news.

So Logan just passed the $500 million mark as of today. Great news for the film, really. Sure, I'm betting that both Guardians 2 and Spider-Man, with the Marvel Studios machine, could probably get that in a day and outlets will jump on that as good news worth discussing, but in the case of Logan, what this means not just for the X-Men franchise but comic book films in general, that's great news.
Call me when the Marvel Studios machine makes an r-rated movie. :p

It passed it on Sunday

Call me when the Marvel Studios machine makes an r-rated movie. :p

Whivh will never happen.fox has done it twice and likely will do it 5 more times with deadpool II & III and X-force trilogy.

and let's remember you may or may not like MCU better but there would be
no marvel studios if fox with X-Men and Sony with SPider-man haven't revived genre which allowed marvel to secure loans and then lead disney to want to
buy marvel.

marvel success with avengers did led to hollywood obsession with shared universe franchises.just like WB kicked off the reboot madness with Batman
Begins.

considering how logan will end up as third highest grossing X film WW and will end up as eather 2 or 3 or 4th X film domesticly the gamble with logan payed off handsoly fro fox.

Fox has done 2 different films that were risks deadpool and logan that payed off for them and both are total opposite from each other.

Whivh will never happen.fox has done it twice and likely will do it 5 more times with deadpool II & III and X-force trilogy.
That's what I meant. :p

you may or may not like MCU better
I don't think there is a timeline in which I do. ;)

considering how logan will end up as third highest grossing X film WW and will end up as eather 2 or 3 or 4th X film domesticly the gamble with logan payed off handsoly fro fox.

Fox has done 2 different films that were risks deadpool and logan that payed off for them and both are total opposite from each other.
Yeah it's a huge win for them. :)

That's what I meant. :p

I don't think there is a timeline in which I do. ;)

Yeah it's a huge win for them. :)

i was kind of making a point to people nomatter your perference fox helped get us to where we are today when they made first X-Men.and now once again they led the way with r rated films in comic book franchises.just like WB started reboot madness with batman begins and yes marvel/disney is responble for shared universe trend.

It's not even bashing them to say they won't do r rated films feige himself has said that aswell as marvel never going dark as well as deal with fox like sony is impossible:cwink:

If fox can get Brad Pitt to play cable in r rated deadpool and then X-force that is one of the biggest coups for CBF i have seen.

fox gets to laugh all the way to the bank on deadpool and logan.and noone canc ritze them for saying those were similar films.

It passed $500 million after 2 weeks, not yesterday. Overseas numbers come later.

It will be around $750m when it's over.

And that's the 9th Wolverine movie (10th X-Men) along with its high amount of franchise fatigue. And it is 2D only. And it is rated R. And it's a solo movie.

MCU won't get close to those numbers with an R rating and 2D-only movies. Especially if it's the 9th main appearance of a character and it's a solo movie. So in a way, Fox surpassed Disney comfortably with Logan.

$2.4 million Tuesday, bringing domestic up to around $188.3 million.

It passed $500 million after 2 weeks, not yesterday. Overseas numbers come later.

It will be around $750m when it's over.

And that's the 9th Wolverine movie (10th X-Men) along with its high amount of franchise fatigue. And it is 2D only. And it is rated R. And it's a solo movie.

MCU won't get close to those numbers with an R rating and 2D-only movies. Especially if it's the 9th main appearance of a character and it's a solo movie. So in a way, Fox surpassed Disney comfortably with Logan.

BTW I forgot. Logan also cost $97 million to make. Compared to the budget of $250m for MCU movies it was a huge bargain.

Hmmm...I didn't know Doctor Strange, Ant-man, Guardians, The Winter Soldier, Thor 2, Iron Man 3 all had $250 Million budgets.

Is this US $? LOL

Who knew right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"