Logan Logan - news & discussion - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Set for a March 2017 release
-Will get an IMAX release
-It will be Hugh Jackman's last film as Wolverine :csad:
-Patrick Stewart will appear in the film :woot:
-It will be directed by James Mangold who directed The Wolverine

Is the little girl on the poster supposed to be X23?

I like the idea of X23 being introduced this way. Logan discovering her somehow, and fighting to protect her. Even sacrificing his own life to make sure she lives. Then she goes on in life trying to live up to that sacrifice. It could be a very heartfelt and endearing way to end Logan's story.

As for the title, personally I like it. But I really don't think the title "Logan" alone is going to attract the average person. If a person sees the title on a poster or with a trailer it will be fine, but if I go up to a person and just ask, "Are you going to watch Logan?" Their response is going to be "Who is Logan?" Compare that to if I asked "Are you going to watch Wolverine?". Most people know what Wolverine is. It's a name that has immediate context in pop culture. It immediately registers. The name Logan just won't likely immediately register as Wolverine with the average person. It's like naming a movie John or Bob or Josh.

Im sure Fox's marketing team will beat it into the common moviegoers heads that not only is "Logan" a "Wolverine" film, but it's also the swan song for much of the old X-Men franchise.

Im sure Fox's marketing team will beat it into the common moviegoers heads that not only is "Logan" a "Wolverine" film, but it's also the swan song for much of the old X-Men franchise.

I don't see why they would tbh since i am pretty sure most of it will be on wolverines story progression since X1 since yno its his movie and perhaps patricks xavier to a certain degree and that relationship.

The majority of the focus of the marketing will be on hugh jackmans last run as wolverine after 16 years or something.

Last edited:
I think that's what it will be, this will be the older version of the character we saw in Apoc.

But if steven merchant is playing him thats hardly aiming for an older version of the character.

I think what happened is the character in apocalypse just wouldn't have worked with what mangold wanted to do with caliban in wolverine 3 so they decided to make up a new version of the character.

Last edited:
so when you believe that the first teaser/trailer will be released? since we are only 5 months away

We should be getting something very soon, I think.

I don't like the title. Good luck to Fox selling this movie with that title. It is just not a good marketing decision for me.

The leaked information is interesting! To be honest, I want them to kill both Logan & Xavier. Then just focus on the other X-Men who are in 2024 in future X-Men movies and have X-23 in one of the mutant squads.

I don't think that title will catch on with the GA either.

Me: You wanna watch Logan?
Friend: I don't know him
Me: Its the Wolverine...
Friend: Uh okay...

It just doesn't ring a bell compare to Wolverine. So yeah good luck to Fox selling the film with that title. Can you imagine if they called X-Men: Apocalypse as Mutants Apocalypse. And X-Men: Apocalypse already unperformed and they still have the balls to do this. Well good luck, its their money! I hope the trailer will make up for it.

CuFrOZSVUAE9u-q.jpg

I hope we get to see a teenaged X-23 in this. I really want to see a fight sequence with she and Logan together at the end.

Yes I'd like to see her make an appearance.

I hope there's a cameo from the OT cast! This being set 1 year after DOFP's ending, makes me hopeful for more of that! Bring it on!

And could they be making their version of Legacy Virus/Terrigen Mist/No More Mutants for the downfall of mutant population?

The title isn't usual for a superhero movie, which fits the approach to the actions they seem to be taking. Love the posters, so cool

I hope we get to see a teenaged X-23 in this. I really want to see a fight sequence with she and Logan together at the end.

Would be ideal is she aged quickly from baby to young adult and then a bit after puberty her aging slowed.

He could rescue her as a baby then have her age over the course of the movie. Doubt it'll happen but that would be cool imo

Would be ideal is she aged quickly from baby to young adult and then a bit after puberty her aging slowed.

He could rescue her as a baby then have her age over the course of the movie. Doubt it'll happen but that would be cool imo

I dont want him raising a baby. I think that takes away from her characterization. I think she needs to be established as a child weapon which means some organization training her as such. I think she needs that tragic element of her innocence lost before we meet her. Im fine with him linking up with her when she's older, maybe 8-10 and then aged to about 15 by the end of the film.

Me: You wanna watch Logan?
Friend: I don't know him
Me: Its the Wolverine...
Friend: Uh okay...

It just doesn't ring a bell compare to Wolverine. So yeah good luck to Fox selling the film with that title. Can you imagine if they called X-Men: Apocalypse as Mutants Apocalypse. And X-Men: Apocalypse already unperformed and they still have the balls to do this. Well good luck, its their money! I hope the trailer will make up for it.

That story is pretty anecdotall. The title of the film was just announced yesterday. I don't expect anyone unless they closely follow these things to be aware of a film titled Logan.

The movie could just have easily been titled Wolverine 3 and unless they knew there was a new film arriving and saw some footage they probably wouldn't be expressing excitement for it.

It was never going to be called Wolverine 3. None of the films have been numbered. The closest was the second X-men film which was X2: X-men United instead of X-men 2. Wolverine 3 wouldnt have worked either bc this isnt a sequel to the first two films which have been effectively wiped out of existence in this continuity. Its too bad The Wolverine was used bc Logan: The Wolverine does sound like it would have been good

I want them to kill both Logan & Xavier. Then just focus on the other X-Men who are in 2024 in future X-Men movies and have X-23 in one of the mutant squads.

I dunno if they would ever make an OC movie without jackman but i am pretty convinced they wouldn't make it without stewart, it just wouldn't make sense to do that.

i doubt it also, what is she gonna be a baby with metal claws? chances are she will be the 11 or 12 when logan finds her and she will be brainwashed a certain way so she won't just be like a normal kid

The title isn't going to keep people from seeing this film lol. Once they see a trailer, they'll know that Logan is a Wolverine film.

It was never going to be called Wolverine 3. None of the films have been numbered. The closest was the second X-men film which was X2: X-men United instead of X-men 2. Wolverine 3 wouldnt have worked either bc this isnt a sequel to the first two films which have been effectively wiped out of existence in this continuity. Its too bad The Wolverine was used bc Logan: The Wolverine does sound like it would have been good

Well there were rumors it was gonna be Wolverine: Weapon X or something to that degree which would have been fine but them going with just "Logan" is incredibly daring and honestly tells me fox are not chasing the cash market as much as some may think they are.

The title isn't going to keep people from seeing this film lol. Once they see a trailer, they'll know that Logan is a Wolverine film.

Right! I can't believe people are seriously this concerned about the title lol. Especially in this social media age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"