Logan Logan - news & discussion - Part 5

Thats a shame, just rewatched this and its so damn good, the acting, the look, the action, the feels it really is the complete package. May be a while before we get anything this good again but awards are hard to come by for CBM's and having not seen much of the other nominees I cant really say this should be getting more attention for them.

I will just enjoy it for what it is with or without awards.

That is all on Fox. Releasing this in spring and focusing on Jackman's role in another, most definitely much much much worse movie during Oscar season was so dumb.

Nicholson got a Globe nomination for Batman in 1989. Pacino also got one (and an Oscar nom) for Dick Tracy in 1990.

Stewart really deserved the nod if nothing else.

There's a healthy dose of critic circles nominating Logan for its year end awards, which is nice to see. Even if they don't win, it's nice to see various critics tipping its cap for a great film.

Nicholson got a Globe nomination for Batman in 1989. Pacino also got one (and an Oscar nom) for Dick Tracy in 1990.

Stewart really deserved the nod if nothing else.

shame logan is getting shunned at both golden globes and oscars.but that is typical holywood.if heath ledger hadn't died he wouldn't have been nominated for the dark knight.

I was hoping Patrick Stewart's final appearance as Xavier could get recgonzed especilly playing such iconic role and be so perfectly cast.and old timers like me can tell you he was the fan's choice for xavier.plus very moving performance In Logan.But the snobs in holywood said no.

He's always be the definitive Professor X in the films. I don't think Marvel Studios could find a more fitting actor for Professor X.

He's always be the definitive Professor X in the films. I don't think Marvel Studios could find a more fitting actor for Professor X.

Indeed. He will be a hard one to fill his chair, not just the look, but the poise, the voice. He was perfect for that role.

He even did voice work for the X-Men videogames!

Its a lost for me that they needed to bring over a younger version, when we could have seen more of Stewart as Xavier especially for the sequel to Dofp.

Fast fingers, you. I was just about to post that! And Mangold just tweeted about it as well. Good for the film.

Mangold

Sometimes Santa needs to work & not tweet announcements. Also, if you use your noggin, (& I know you're smart) then you know why there'll be no announcement about this film for a while. Lastly, under any curcumstances, good filmakers don't just throw pointless chum 2 get clicks.

I hope this means Laura spinoff is still happening.

Nominated for Best Adapted Screenplay at the Oscars! Never happened for a CBM before, not even TDK. Fantastic.

Easily, but nice to get the nod for this at least. While I doubt it will get it- though would be pleased if it did- nice at the very least for the nomination.

Congratulations to Logan on the Adapted Screenplay nomination! Is this a first for a superhero CBM? I wish Patrick Stewart had been nominated as well, but alas. I didn't expect a BP nom. Would have been nice, but I didn't expect it. Didn't expect it for Wonder Woman either.

Nominated for Best Adapted Screenplay at the Oscars! Never happened for a CBM before, not even TDK. Fantastic.

That's major for a comic book film. I didn't even think it would get one. So 1 nomination is more than enough.

Yeah...of all the things.
Although, I guess how they were able to change the original OML story whilst maintaining its essence is pretty damn impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"