• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Look Alive, Wage Slaves! Presenting....Margot Robbie AS Harley Quinn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
She has come a long way from her Aussie soap roots and she deserves it, she just has the "It" factor. Really looking forward to finally seeing Harley in live action and she should be a blast to play for Margot, now I just hope they aren't too conservative with her look.

Agreed. I don't want her look to be too conservative either. The Arkham games nailed her look.

Her Arkham costumes are too sexualized, they look like what people would describe as "****ty halloween" costume versions of Harley. Something in between her BTAS and Arkham outfits would work. They can make her look a bit risqué, but hopefully not massive cleavage stripper-Harley.

I'd definitely like some weird sexiness from the character. But an Arkham type costume wouldn't be sexy, it would just be sex.

I don't know why everybody is saying that just about the Arkham costumes. Have you guys not seen her costumes in the past few years in the comics?
1379019816000-HARLEY-Cv1-R1-tk051e3bb3-.jpg

big-harley-neil-googe.jpg

And Jesus, does this look like Margot or what?! :wow:
harleybomb3.jpg

And I think you guys underestimate her sexualization on the the animated series - a show for both adults and kids
tumblr_mtnt7pCdnU1siqntao10_500.gif

tumblr_mtnt7pCdnU1siqntao9_500.gif

There's plenty more instances where she's sexed up on there.

But case in point, no matter how sexualized Margot is made, it fits the character from the source material, not just Arkham. Sure, they might have made the leap visually, but it was pratically there from the beginning.

I don't think her look should be too sexed up. A close fitting leotard is enticing enough.

I would like to see Harley smash someone up with that big hammer of hers.

She could easily use a croquet mallet as a weapon. They're quite wieldy.

I don't think her look should be too sexed up. A close fitting leotard is enticing enough.
That's true, but I bet money WB will sex Margot up.
But also, they probably won't go over the top to appease fans.

I would like to see Harley smash someone up with that big hammer of hers.

She could easily use a croquet mallet as a weapon. They're quite wieldy.

The best thing Kubrick changed about The Shining was replacing Jack wielding the axe instead of the croquet mallet...or the door scene wouldn't have been iconic :o

No way in hell can we cover up Margot and all of her beauty. She will not wear that head piece. She will not wear the full body suit. She is too beautiful not to show off. And she will look great, she will look strong, and positively appealing.

The Best of Harley Quinn.
[YT]jZzwXTeGdSw[/YT]

[YT]wt3LiiGphQY[/YT]

An interesting question was asked of me recently from someone regarding Harley Quinn. Does anyone else think she's the only Batman rogue with a genuine mental illness? At first I kinda laughed it off given the crazies Batman has to deal with but the more it was discussed just how sane the rest of the rogues gallery actually is in comparison the more I came around to seeing not only how right this person was in their assessment but just much more sadder it made Harley Quinn as a character.

The point was made to me that despite her having done some incredibly atrocious things she really isn't a bad person deep down, her mental state is very fragile and plays a huge part in her decision making. The Joker and other villains may be crazy, but they know exactly what they are doing most of the time, they know they are hurting people. Harley more often than not isn't aware, she's blinded by her obsession with The Joker, is easily manipulated and tends to not take even the most dangerous situation all that seriously. Her association with The Joker alone brings her mental stage into question. Add to that the fact she use to be a psychiatrist, it begs the question as to why she chose that profession in the first place, was she aware already that she had a questionable mental state and thought by studying how the mind works she can control hers? And if that's the case it makes her the saddest of all Batman's rogues because it means she may have been doing something to try and help herself originally and it totally backfired on her. It could very well be the case that with medication and counselling Harleen Quinzell could have be living a relatively normal, albeit challenging life. It was really an eye opening discussion when this was brought up because I never thought of the character in this way before.

Last edited:
It's a good point. Along with Two Face, she is one of the most conflicted villains in Gotham. I would argue that her addiction to a violently abusive relationship makes her genuinely dark and tragic. It also highlights what a deeply unpleasant character The Joker really is.

I'd say she and Harvey really are the only ones you'd describe as having a mental illness. Everyone else pretty much knows what they're doing. Even Batman has noted that Joker's greatest joke is making people think he's crazy.

I don't know why everybody is saying that just about the Arkham costumes. Have you guys not seen her costumes in the past few years in the comics?
1379019816000-HARLEY-Cv1-R1-tk051e3bb3-.jpg

big-harley-neil-googe.jpg

And Jesus, does this look like Margot or what?! :wow:
harleybomb3.jpg

And I think you guys underestimate her sexualization on the the animated series - a show for both adults and kids
tumblr_mtnt7pCdnU1siqntao10_500.gif

tumblr_mtnt7pCdnU1siqntao9_500.gif

There's plenty more instances where she's sexed up on there.

But case in point, no matter how sexualized Margot is made, it fits the character from the source material, not just Arkham. Sure, they might have made the leap visually, but it was pratically there from the beginning.

Harley never came off as outright or intentionally being sexualized to me when Dini first introduced her to us. At least, not like characters such as Catwoman or Poison Ivy. Even that scene you posted from the show was meant for laughs. It's just how her character is. For a recent example of a character like her, I think of that dumb Cat character Ariana Grande played on Victorious. Any sexualization I've seen of her was from fanboys and writers outside of Dini.

I don't know if any of the storyline has been revealed yet, but I think it would be cool if Dr. Harleen Quinzel starts off as normal, like a special aide to Rick Flagg who is a criminal profiler and psychiatrist brought along to help him monitor the unstable and dangerous personalities they have assembled. But gradually throughout the movie she becomes more and more corrupted by the Joker, leading her to full-on costumed glory in the final act of the film.

I was just thinking the same thing; watching Harleen become Harley and having her be Joker's ace in the hole would be a nice twist. It would also allow the creators to show the different sides of the Joker. If he can be utterly detestable and terrifying with the main squad, then turn on the charm and charisma with Harley, then they're giving their academy award winning actor some scenes to sink his teeth into for range.

"Call me."

I'd call if I were you, Batman!

I don't know if any of the storyline has been revealed yet, but I think it would be cool if Dr. Harleen Quinzel starts off as normal, like a special aide to Rick Flagg who is a criminal profiler and psychiatrist brought along to help him monitor the unstable and dangerous personalities they have assembled. But gradually throughout the movie she becomes more and more corrupted by the Joker, leading her to full-on costumed glory in the final act of the film.

I was just thinking the same thing; watching Harleen become Harley and having her be Joker's ace in the hole would be a nice twist. It would also allow the creators to show the different sides of the Joker. If he can be utterly detestable and terrifying with the main squad, then turn on the charm and charisma with Harley, then they're giving their academy award winning actor some scenes to sink his teeth into for range.

I'd be completely onboard with this. I was expecting her to already be Harley Quinn when the film starts. But showing how she gets turned would be brilliant.

There's so many ways to handle her. I can't wait to see what they do. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"