Lounge of Justice - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I didn't like about San Junipero which is a bit nitpicky, was that they kept mispronouncing the name. Junipero is supposed to be Spanish which means the j would sound more like an h and yet the characters kept pronouncing the j.

I thought it was just a made up name, lol.

I re-watched Civil War yesterday to prepare for Homecoming. The rapid-fire editing is really annoying. 3 cuts to show Scarlet Witch landing. It's like 9 cuts for Liam Neeson to hop a fence.

Sean Young talking about being recast on Batman 89 was heartbreaking. Such a hnnngh woman with so much bad luck. Hell, wasn't she also cast in one of the indiana jones films too? She still has Blade Runner tho, yes she does.

I re-watched Civil War yesterday to prepare for Homecoming. The rapid-fire editing is really annoying. 3 cuts to show Scarlet Witch landing. It's like 9 cuts for Liam Neeson to hop a fence.

Did you skip to when Spidey's introduced and the airport fight?
that whole portion is pretty much a whole another movie

Did you skip to when Spidey's introduced and the airport fight?
that whole portion is pretty much a whole another movie

Hahahaha no I didn't! Only movies I've fast-forwarded through recently have been Power Rangers and Brimstone.

Last edited:
I'm impressed but not surprised that WW is beating MOS in both DOM and OS markets.

I'm far more surprised that WW is handsomely overwhelming BvS and Skwad in DOM markets. It'll also challenge Skwad for WW total. WW's BO run is shockingly great and very well deserved IMO.

I think it's the power of reviews and good word of mouth based on how good the film is. Though some of my friends did see Squad just to check for themselves what a mess it was :funny:

It is "power of reviews and good word of mouth", but dunno about the "based on how good the film is", since IMO MoS and BvS were much better than WW, but they were not universally praised (to put it gently), in contrast to WW.

To me, the whole situation feels like, tell people the thing is great and they'll believe it is. Just like with MCU. :oldrazz:

I wouldn't have minded that look for Ares in Wonder Woman as it is badass.
Definitely much better than a Greek god with a moustache. :funny:

Some films that come first, they always get some slack.

Joker being the killer of the Waynes.

Old bald man Alfred practically having a welcome come in sign for the batcave. Right this way Vicky!

My hatred for the Burton movies has grown into a somewhat admiration for them over these years. Only way to do so is to have them be part of elseworld storyline. That is the only way i can enjoy them.

Some films that come first, they always get some slack.

Joker being the killer of the Waynes.

Old bald man Alfred practically having a welcome come in sign for the batcave. Right this way Vicky!

My hatred for the Burton movies has grown into a somewhat admiration for them over these years. Only way to do so is to have them be part of elseworld storyline. That is the only way i can enjoy them.

My takeaway from the movie was how much Vicky screamed. Damn girl.

Batman Returns is a good Tim Burton movie, but not a good Batman movie.

Might as well call it FREAKS.

I was so excited for the movie, but it was really boring and made no sense. Guy Pearce is a phenomenal actor. Really underrated. You guys should check out "The Rover".

Yes, he is, but you just crapped on his movie. He's coming for you. ahooooooo

I prefer Batman Forever over Batman 89.

bcc82a629acac42b82102088b919043c46ea8fb9_hq.gif

Saw some folks talking about King Arthur here in the Lounge.

Just saw it again myself recently, and honestly I like it perhaps even more than I did the first time I saw it.

Particularly just how cool Vortigern looked in what some are calling his "demon knight" mode.
Screen+Shot+2017-01-22+at+5.03.52+PM.png

maxresdefault.jpg

raw

Hot damn. This would have been a great look for Ares in Wonder Woman. That guy sure looks badass AF.

It is "power of reviews and good word of mouth", but dunno about the "based on how good the film is", since IMO MoS and BvS were much better than WW, but they were not universally praised (to put it gently), in contrast to WW.

To me, the whole situation feels like, tell people the thing is great and they'll believe it is. Just like with MCU. :oldrazz:

I'll concede that WW was derivative, it borrowed a good deal from other movies. But in doing so, WW achieved perfection in my eyes. The movie was able to hit all the right notes and then some.

Russo Brothers film the same fight scene from multiple angles along with rapid cuts and editing to make it look exciting and dynamic, though I find it incredibly annoying.

Apart from the moustache, I really liked the Ares design. He would've been more menacing had they given him better lines.

Russo Brothers film the same fight scene from multiple angles along with rapid cuts and editing to make it look exciting and dynamic, though I find it incredibly annoying.

And very hard to appreciate what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95