Justice League Lounge of Justice - Part 82

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also from that variety flash article, Kroll reiterates that WB is done with both Affleck and Cavill’s incarnations of Batman and Superman respectively. I will miss you, Henry. You deserved better.

The studio is not moving forward with Batman and Superman movies featuring Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill, respectively. It is expected to recast the Dark Knight with a different actor.

Also from that variety flash article, Kroll reiterates that WB is done with both Affleck and Cavill’s incarnations of Batman and Superman respectively. I will miss you, Henry. You deserved better.

WB is poop. We won't see Superman again for another 6-7 years. Way to go *******s.

"best buddy comedy" Never thought I'd read/hear that about Venom. What a timeline.

It sounds weird on the surface but Hardy's performance as both parties really carries the movie.

WB is poop. We won't see Superman again for another 6-7 years. Way to go *******s.

SmoothThankfulEgg-size_restricted.gif

It’s insane that WB isn’t going to capitalize on having a Shazam/Superman or a worlds finest movie. Freaking insane.

DC fans when we finally see a Superman movie, a Flash movie and Matt Reeves' Batman movie. (also see the number of fans left in the theater. lol) :o

5ov7g6m1tgs11.jpg

Never seen that shot of Batman using his gauntlet to block the shot by Harley. That was freaking cool. I don't get it. Why get Affleck in the suit to shoot all this and leave it on the cutting room floor? And not even bother to put it back in that so called "extended edition"?

It’s insane that WB isn’t going to capitalize on having a Shazam/Superman or a worlds finest movie. Freaking insane.

I mean was anyone expecting them to make another Batman and Superman crossover movie anytime soon? That seemed about as likely as that Justice League 2 people were so sure we were getting a little while ago.

Flash Standalone Movie Pushes Start Date, Eyes 2021 Release (EXCLUSIVE)

Don't know how long we're going to go in circles with this "is he or isn't he" thing, but I guess that's just one more [significant] tally for the "not" column.

Sigh.........Ezra's out as well, they'd have almost a year to get it right since the new directors were hired, this thing isn't even greenlighted yet.

Sounds like a very possible "more than a soft-reboot" to me now....Gadot, Robbie and Jason will stay, the rest are rebooted - Henry, Ben, Ezra, Ray all likely gone.

Robbie has her own universe, Jason sticks with Wan, Gadot has her WW franchise.

Batman restarts with Reeves, Supergirl might introduce a new Sup who will get his own movie by 2024 when they "have to," Flash will have to wait unless they give Ezra something

Hoping for that Cruise/McQ GLC tho...

I mean was anyone expecting them to make another Batman and Superman crossover movie anytime soon? That seemed about as likely as that Justice League 2 people were so sure we were getting a little while ago.
Also, that Variety article talks about recasting Ben Affleck (something that fans knew all along), not recasting Henry Cavill. As for another Superman movie, we will have to wait till some director gets things moving again.

Last edited:
The interesting thing that's happened here is that they see to be moving away from the Justice League as the center of this universe like they'd originally planned. We'd heard a lot about increased focus on standalones and less attention on crossovers and it looks like that seems to be the case.

Sigh.........Ezra's out as well, they'd have almost a year to get it right since the new directors were hired, this thing isn't even greenlighted yet..

Nah, Ezra will be busy shooting for next FB sequel, till then the writers director duo (John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein) have enough time to complete the new Flash script.

Flash movie suffered from the flawed approach WB had, there was no need to complicate things and have a Flashpoint movie in first place.

Never seen that shot of Batman using his gauntlet to block the shot by Harley. That was freaking cool. I don't get it. Why get Affleck in the suit to shoot all this and leave it on the cutting room floor? And not even bother to put it back in that so called "extended edition"?

I still think he's kissing her, like they say he's doing CPR but I never go like that against the dummy

The interesting thing that's happened here is that they see to be moving away from the Justice League as the center of this universe like they'd originally planned. We'd heard a lot about increased focus on standalones and less attention on crossovers and it looks like that seems to be the case.

Mark Hughes earlier in the year reported a couple of times Batman could be the restarting point for DC, after WW/Aquaman etc.

I think it's more like they'll keep WW/Aquaman/Harley franchise (maybe Flash) and reboot everything else, and cross over again when Bat/Sup/GLC are re-introduced.

Also, that Variety article talks about recasting Ben Affleck (something that fans knew all along), not recasting Henry Cavill. As for another Superman movie, we will have to wait till some director gets things moving again.

It's over. They got to recast Ben because a Batman film is a top priority. There's zilch on Superman. Cavill will get Routh'ed until a new wide eyed jabroni will wear the cape 6-7 years from now. Wonder what other studios could do with Superman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"