The Amazing Spider-Man Love for TASM

blake c

Pokemon Master
Reaction score
So I'm constantly seeing hate on this movie everywhere, and it really bothers me, I mean some people even dislike it and haven't even watched it. I'm really excited for the sequel, but it seems people are already dissing it since its not Tobey or filmed by Raimi. So what I wanted to do was to start a thread of all the good things about TASM that were not in the other Spiderman movies and ways you would like to see the sequel improve upon .

Last edited:
So I'm constantly seeing hate on this movie everywhere, and it really bothers me, I mean some people even dislike it and haven't even watched it.

Why does it bother you? Cause honestly, it shouldn't. If you truly like something, that is all that should matter and who cares if some random person on the internet is saying bad things about something you enjoy. They're not sitting in your living room with you ripping off insults as you watch the movie. lol, and if they are you need to ask them to leave. But seriously, just hold what you love close to your heart and don't let people rain on your parade. I get it though...you like something and you want others to like it just as much. The other side is that when people get very fanatical, especially on a site such as this, it's easy to tear any film to pieces and expose lots of 'problems.' Just remember what's important to you...I mean, are you really going to give credit to someone's opinion of the movie when they haven't even seen it?

I'm really excited for the sequel,

Me too :woot:

but it seems people are already dissing it since its not Tobey or filmed by Raimi.

This argument is, like, so 2 years ago. lol.

So what I wanted to do was to start a thread of all the good things about TASM that were not in the other Spiderman movies and ways you would like to see the sequel improve upon .

I felt the chemistry between Gwen and Peter def outdid anything MJ and Peter resembled. That should only intensify with the coming sequel. I want to see the relationship between Peter and May grow as well...I know Webb wanted to create conflict between them during ASM and have their relationship be filled with some tension. It will be nice to see them interacting more and have some strong heartfelt moments such as the eggs scene at the end. May is an important figure in Peter's life so that needs to be developed for sure.

Peter's genius was always presented in some fashion with the Raimi films and of course it's also present in Webb's take but I'd like to see them expand upon this for ASM2.

Quips, man. Quips. They got off to a good start with Spidey and his dialogue however for the most part he was in his selfish, vigilante mode so we really didn't get a true taste of his swashbuckling type attitude and humor. That being said, his dialogue outmatched just about anything we saw in the Raimi movies. Based on the SDCC footage descriptions it seems as though this will be improved upon in the sequel so I'm def looking forward to that.

Why does it bother you? Cause honestly, it shouldn't. If you truly like something, that is all that should matter and who cares if some random person on the internet is saying bad things about something you enjoy. They're not sitting in your living room with you ripping off insults as you watch the movie. lol, and if they are you need to ask them to leave. But seriously, just hold what you love close to your heart and don't let people rain on your parade. I get it though...you like something and you want others to like it just as much. The other side is that when people get very fanatical, especially on a site such as this, it's easy to tear any film to pieces and expose lots of 'problems.' Just remember what's important to you...I mean, are you really going to give credit to someone's opinion of the movie when they haven't even seen it?

Me too :woot:

This argument is, like, so 2 years ago. lol.

I felt the chemistry between Gwen and Peter def outdid anything MJ and Peter resembled. That should only intensify with the coming sequel. I want to see the relationship between Peter and May grow as well...I know Webb wanted to create conflict between them during ASM and have their relationship be filled with some tension. It will be nice to see them interacting more and have some strong heartfelt moments such as the eggs scene at the end. May is an important figure in Peter's life so that needs to be developed for sure.

Peter's genius was always presented in some fashion with the Raimi films and of course it's also present in Webb's take but I'd like to see them expand upon this for ASM2.

Quips, man. Quips. They got off to a good start with Spidey and his dialogue however for the most part he was in his selfish, vigilante mode so we really didn't get a true taste of his swashbuckling type attitude and humor. That being said, his dialogue outmatched just about anything we saw in the Raimi movies. Based on the SDCC footage descriptions it seems as though this will be improved upon in the sequel so I'm def looking forward to that.

It simply bothers me because of the fact that Andrew Garfield is giving it his all in these movies, but instead of getting loved by the audience, he continually gets trashed on instead of being complimented for what hes doing. Another thing is that some of the Raimi films differed so much from the comics that people expect things to be like what they were in the Raimi universe, not the comic book world. For instance the other day I overheard a convo complaining that Spiderman wasn't supposed to have webshooters:doh: The general public have been tainted so to speak with false ideas about Spiderman from the older movies and it just sickens me some times. More than anything I feel like proving the good points of this movie might let others understand what they're missing out on or misjudged. oh an yeah I hear amazing things about the quips this time around, I'm super excited:yay:

All I can say to you is just value your own opinions and not worry about what others think. In the end, that's all that should matter.

Also, don't forget the hyphen. It's Spider-Man. Or even Spider-man is acceptable. :woot:

All I can say to you is just value your own opinions and not worry about what others think. In the end, that's all that should matter.

Also, don't forget the hyphen. It's Spider-Man. Or even Spider-man is acceptable. :woot:
Well said.

One ongoing trend is that people never seem to pay attention to the source material. Most of the complaints are most likely from fans of the Raimi series. Amazing Spiderman seems to get the most flack for this. There's no comic book movie that is 100% accurate to the comics and yet they never say anything about that. Biggest example: Iron Man 3.

On the subject of people complaining about "not supposed to have that," they're automatically wrong. One of the biggest faults with the Raimi series is that Peter stayed this nerd with weird faces. In the comics, he changes his appearance. Shame too, the Raimi series was going to be like the comics.

Last edited:

I will take heed to all the advice given, I really shouldn't worry about what others think as long as I enjoyed it, and with the hyphen thing, I'm using a new cell phone and I couldn't find it. I should of spaced it though.:word:

Watching it for the 2nd time (blu-ray) now, and one thing is clear: People aren't idiots. Webb's Parker, for me, is more believable than Raimi's. He's a nerd and a bit of an outcast, but not in such a manner that makes you want to facepalm. Garfield is excellent. I was one of those "A new Spider-Man? Now already? Why?" - people at first, but TASM won me over.

How about Gwen? Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy is something I have to love. She is not a useless emotional idiot like MJ was in the original trilogy. She's not only "smart" in the sense that she's good at science, she's smart in that everyday way. She just makes sense. You don't want to strangle her. Yes! I do not want to strangle Peter's love interest in a Spider-Man movie! Imagine that! And she's not a "strong female character" in a repulsive way. She's actually a likable person.

I like the casting, pacing and the score too. The overall way this Spider-Man world is handled is so well done to me.

Seems like it varies, sometimes it gets hate, other times way too much love. I found the film ok, could have been better but i really disagree with those that say Peter or Gwen were the lowest points.

I loved it when I first saw it, then started seeing a lot more flaws as time went on, but the truth is it is still one of the most re watchable superhero movies for me.

I just really really enjoyed it :)

Watching it for the 2nd time (blu-ray) now, and one thing is clear: People aren't idiots. Webb's Parker, for me, is more believable than Raimi's. He's a nerd and a bit of an outcast, but not in such a manner that makes you want to facepalm. Garfield is excellent. I was one of those "A new Spider-Man? Now already? Why?" - people at first, but TASM won me over.

How about Gwen? Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy is something I have to love. She is not a useless emotional idiot like MJ was in the original trilogy. She's not only "smart" in the sense that she's good at science, she's smart in that everyday way. She just makes sense. You don't want to strangle her. Yes! I do not want to strangle Peter's love interest in a Spider-Man movie! Imagine that! And she's not a "strong female character" in a repulsive way. She's actually a likable person.

I like the casting, pacing and the score too. The overall way this Spider-Man world is handled is so well done to me.

This.:hrt::hrt::hrt:

This for me, is the most re-watchable super hero movie for me. Every-time I watch it I find something new I like about it. For me, it has so many layers.Every one has gifts and the power to make a difference in the world. We an either keep our gifts for selfish reasons or be responsible and help those around us.

And by everywhere you mean on the internet? They're called vocal minority, best course of action is to ignore them.

Even though I'm not a big fan of the Raimi films aside from the first I was also on the "A reboot? Really? Come on!" side of things. I didn't think the film looked particularly good on top of it.

Then it started getting good review so I decided to check it out and I loved it. It is easily the best Spidey film ever made. It has a few editing and plot issues but everything else is so great I can easily overlook them.

The only thing I like better in the Raimi films is the visual representation of the Lee/Ditko era of the comics.

The acting is stronger and more natural. The chemistry is on fire and charming rather than stilted and awkward. The action is surprisingly well done. I wasn't expecting the action to be as visually impressive as it was for such an inexperienced director. And last but not least, Peter isn't a feckless, mopey-dopey spineless push-over. He's actually Peter Parker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"