The Force Awakens Lucas's SW = ideas from the orient

Shogun armor:

katanasamuraiarmor.jpg

See similarity to Darth Vader suit:

sc4-darth-vader-art.jpg

The Star Wars Trilogy is a synthesis of Westerns, Serials from the 30's, the films of Kurosawa, Ww2 imagery and ideas/films, and many others. The presence of Shogun influence is not a surprise, nor does it mean that it is the chief influence in the trilogy: it, like the other influences, makes up 1/100 of the whole.

The Star Wars Trilogy is a synthesis of Westerns, Serials from the 30's, the films of Kurosawa, Ww2 imagery and ideas/films, and many others. The presence of Shogun influence is not a surprise, nor does it mean that it is the chief influence in the trilogy: it, like the other influences, makes up 1/100 of the whole.

Show me where the idea of "son redeems father", Lucas's obsession with limbs getting cut off, man falls in love with much older woman in a forbidden relationship comes from... I'm not claiming Lucas took ideas from the East and Westernized them. Star Wars is his own creation. Just that, why does Avatar follow the story of Pocahontas so closely?

Last edited:
Show me where the idea of "son redeems father", Lucas's obsession with limbs getting cut off, man falls in love with much older woman in a forbidden relationship comes from... I'm not claiming Lucas took ideas from the East and Westernized them. Star Wars is his own creation. Just that, why does Avatar follow the story of Pocahontas so closely?
Read this:

Makingofstarwars.jpg

And watch any number of the docs on the laserdisc, dvd, and bluray releases. Lucas has been very open for the past 40 years about the heavy influence kurosawa, serials, and westerns had on his saga.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"