Lucius Fox Casting Thread

That’s pretty much what people are saying in this thread!

Not necessarily. But I think it's odd for Batman, a white man, to have 2 older male black men helping him in his mission on 2 ends of a spectrum. I'm reminded of Spider-Man Homecoming/FFH, Peter's white as such, but nearly all of his peers aren't, like Betty is an exception, but, to me, she barely matters. This is something I usually find odd to see. It feels like the white guy is sticking out like a sore thumb. Thinking on it now, I feel a little similar about there being 1 person of color amongst white people. It's not a big deal, but something I think is a stand out-ish visual.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Hmmmmmmmmmmm
It's not necessarily impossible of a visual. Though I'd also prefer to spread out the race changing, if we'd do it, without it being more centralized.

I'm not ashamed to admit I tend to err on the side of not being pro race change generally, with exceptions. Either depending on the actor or the character. I likely never would've thought Will Smith in the casting of Deadshot, but I happen to usually enjoy his performance in things, so I've been cool with it and enjoyed his performance in the movie. I may not necessarily like it, but I think I'd be intrigued by an Idris Elba as Batman. Similar to an article I saw about WB doing an elseworlds Batman, casting a black actor. In spite of me questioning what the point was, I did have some intrigue in the idea of a Michael B, Jordan casting. As an example.
Too many black people? Can't have three in one movie?
That’s pretty much what people are saying in this thread!
duh. it's not realistic.
I wouldn't wanna race change Luscius. The character's black. In the interest of not being pro race change, I don't think I'd be that down for casting anyone other than a black man for the character I think generally.

Though I don't think there's an issue with having 3 or more black people. I think I'd prefer to see it spread out a bit more in casting. Selina's fine, to me. Jim's where I tend to err not pro race change. Maybe Dent instead. Though my preference for that is Oscar Isaac at the moment. Keep Luscius. Maybe Firefly. Whatever. Like I said above, to me, depending on the actor or the character, whether I buy more or not.

Not necessarily. But I think it's odd for Batman, a white man, to have 2 older male black men helping him in his mission on 2 ends of a spectrum. I'm reminded of Spider-Man Homecoming/FFH, Peter's white as such, but nearly all of his peers aren't, like Betty is an exception, but, to me, she barely matters. This is something I usually find odd to see. It feels like the white guy is sticking out like a sore thumb. Thinking on it now, I feel a little similar about there being 1 person of color amongst white people. It's not a big deal, but something I think is a stand out-ish visual.

Queens is one of the most ethnically diverse neighborhoods in the United States, so Peter being surrounded by POC classmates is more realistic than in the Raimi and Webb movies where almost everyone was white.

Queens is one of the most ethnically diverse neighborhoods in the United States, so Peter being surrounded by POC classmates is more realistic than in the Raimi and Webb movies where almost everyone was white.
I understand the idea. I think Peter sticks out though. He's so white looking. It's not something I particularly notice, but in thinking about, I see it.

If we're playing with changing classic portrayals in favor of diversity, I'd also prefer it to be more spread. It's not a question of having a bit less black people lol, it's more about having other poc too.

If we're playing with changing classic portrayals in favor of diversity, I'd also prefer it to be more spread. It's not a question of having a bit less black people lol, it's more about having other poc too.
Yeah. Like I said above, Oscar Isaac is essentially my only preferred pick for Harvey Dent at the moment. I may not be necessarily into race changing Gordon, and even with that, who they cast for it, but it doesn't mean I can't see it with other characters. I mean, it'd be kinda one note, to me, if everyone in Batman's supporting cast was white. Particularly considering, that's not even the way it is in the comics. lol.

Yeah. Like I said above, Oscar Isaac is essentially my only preferred pick for Harvey Dent at the moment. I may not be necessarily into race changing Gordon, and even with that, who they cast for it, but it doesn't mean I can't see it with other characters. I mean, it'd be kinda one note, to me, if everyone in Batman's supporting cast was white. Particularly considering, that's not even the way it is in the comics. lol.
I'm always up for an Italian-looking Harvey.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"