Lucius Fox Casting Thread

I meant on the gadget/making things side of things. Batman is known to have a lot of teachers and mentors through his life, Fox that be one of them and I agree nobody can replace Alfred. I look at him as being partner/mentor and father figure to Bruce more than anything.
Fair enough I misunderstood. To me, I'd say casting an older actor would be too close to what we had in the Nolan trilogy, and this would be a good opportunity to have Gordon take on the mentor role. That's why is prefer a younger actor like...
I actually dont think Lucious has to be a father figure to Bruce. So I'd welcome a younger choice.
Corey Hawkins

Fair enough I misunderstood. To me, I'd say casting an older actor would be too close to what we had in the Nolan trilogy, and this would be a good opportunity to have Gordon take on the mentor role. That's why is prefer a younger actor like...

Corey Hawkins
Oh no it's okay I should had explained it a little better :yay:. I wouldn't mind an older Fox at all, I also wouldn't mind someone in their late 20s or 30s to match with Robert's Batman. Good pick BTW! It's funny because one of my choices was O'Shea Jackson Jr. lol. They both were great in The N.W. A movie!

I'd say Fox can take a break. At least I don't want to see him in the same capacity. I prefer Bruce do everything himself.

I'd go the earth one rout this time, except maybe he helps supply Bruce with some upgrades to assemble on the suit in future installments. I don't need a big name to fill the role.

I actually dont think Lucious has to be a father figure to Bruce. So I'd welcome a younger choice.

It might be interesting to skip to Luke & go Batwing?

I always liked Courtney B Vance for the role. I agree with another poster, that it doesn’t not need to be a major Alist casting—I’d prefer less focus paid to Lucius.

That was also I who said it doesn't need an A lister. Lol and it really doesnt, reduce the role make cast someone cheaper.

If Lucius Fox were to ever be cast as a white male I think Ian McShane would be a great choice. But, Honestly I'm such a fan of his I could see in in that roll, Commissioner Gordon or even Alfred.

since we already got a race swap with Commissioner Gordon to fill the older black mentor role... what about a gender swap for Fox?

I wasn't aware that was a ""role to be filled". Lol
Not necessarily. But I think it's odd for Batman, a white man, to have 2 older male black men helping him in his mission on 2 ends of a spectrum. I'm reminded of Spider-Man Homecoming/FFH, Peter's white as such, but nearly all of his peers aren't, like Betty is an exception, but, to me, she barely matters. This is something I usually find odd to see. It feels like the white guy is sticking out like a sore thumb. Thinking on it now, I feel a little similar about there being 1 person of color amongst white people. It's not a big deal, but something I think is a stand out-ish visual.

Honestly, as far as I’m concerned, a black Gordon makes me want to see Lucius even more.

It’s not like when Bruce was looking for allies, he was like “Oh, sorry, Lucius. You’ve done great work for Wayne Enterprises and all, but I already have one black dude on my team.”

You guys understand that there’s more than just white people out there, right?

I know he was already in a Batman movie, but Ken Watanabe would be great.
I think the accent can be a problem. I would prefer Asian American. It's not the accent exactly, I just feel that Lucius needs to be American.

I think the accent can be a problem. I would prefer Asian American.

Keong Sim, maybe?

glee-3x08-mike-chang-sr.-cap-09_mid.jpg

They're not going to change the race of one of the very few POC characters in the Batman universe.

Too many black people? Can't have three in one movie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"