Magnum P.I.

The season finale has come round too soon.

I wonder if Magnum and Higgins will get together eventually. Seems Magnum has to get over Jordana first though, which he may finally do and get closure in the next episode.

The season finale has come round too soon.

I wonder if Magnum and Higgins will get together eventually. Seems Magnum has to get over Jordana first though, which he may finally do and get closure in the next episode.
I figure it will be like Mac and Harm on JAG. With the tease and other almost love interest coming in between them. If they should get warning of cancellation that they become more than friends maybe a final season or maybe the last few episodes

So Magnum will not be interacting with any of the main cast of 5-0 until next season?

So Magnum will not be interacting with any of the main cast of 5-0 until next season?

Well there's only one episode left and it has already been filmed. So no.

I guess by the technical actor's rules Sergeant Lukela, Kamekona and Dr Cuhna are all now main cast in the aftermath of Danial Dae Kim and Grace Park leaving the show.

Magnum and Higgins chemistry is so good I think they will let this phase last another season but I don't think they'll do a last minute thing in putting them together as I don't think it would effect their dynamic, it would just add a different aspect to it, the banter would remain.

Magnum and Higgins chemistry is so good I think they will let this phase last another season but I don't think they'll do a last minute thing in putting them together as I don't think it would effect their dynamic, it would just add a different aspect to it, the banter would remain.

I hope they don't go too long. Some series find all kinds of obstacles to keep two people apart, and it becomes ridiculous and so contrived that it becomes unwatchable.

I didn't like even how they did it in Castle by finding ways to pull the leads apart for the final season. That was dumb.

There's no reason two leads can't be together. After all, what if we were to get a Hart to Hart remake? They would surely have to have them together because they're a crime busting married couple. I'd like to see that series remade.

Also, on another note, although Jay Hernandez doesn't look at all like Tom Selleck, in terms of his personality and voice they cast pretty well. He has a good narration voice, and the same kind of laid back personality that Selleck had. And when he shouts "Higgins!" it is reminiscent of Selleck as well.

I hope they don't go too long. Some series find all kinds of obstacles to keep two people apart, and it becomes ridiculous and so contrived that it becomes unwatchable.

I didn't like even how they did it in Castle by finding ways to pull the leads apart for the final season. That was dumb.

There's no reason two leads can't be together. After all, what if we were to get a Hart to Hart remake? They would surely have to have them together because they're a crime busting married couple. I'd like to see that series remade.

Also, on another note, although Jay Hernandez doesn't look at all like Tom Selleck, in terms of his personality and voice they cast pretty well. He has a good narration voice, and the same kind of laid back personality that Selleck had. And when he shouts "Higgins!" it is reminiscent of Selleck as well.

Yeah, I think once they put them together they should let it play and stop adding drama to re-seperate them, that was a mistake they made in Castle. Right now in Magnum I think they are in a great place, they haven't really had any "moments" between them so to speak, it's just obvious chemistry and the fact they care about each other as they are always first there to have each others back, but they haven't went into flirting or longing looks etc....it's still in the fun phase, but once they do ramp it up I agree, I wouldn't drag it out with too many obstacles, as you say Hart to Hart worked and this could work similar.

To be honest, and I know this is sacrileage to oldschool Magnum fans, but I much prefer Jay Hernandez as an actor and as Magnum than I did Tom Selleck.

I guess by the technical actor's rules Sergeant Lukela, Kamekona and Dr Cuhna are all now main cast in the aftermath of Danial Dae Kim and Grace Park leaving the show.

I have not been watching 5-0 this season, has the Duke Storyline been resolved? The season finale said that he was on leave for shooting a fellow cop.

I have not been watching 5-0 this season, has the Duke Storyline been resolved? The season finale said that he was on leave for shooting a fellow cop.
It was resolved early in the season

Kinda disappointed that they ended Brewster's run on Magnum so quickly since as soon as she somewhat redeemed herself, they killed her off during the mission to save her father. They could easily have kept Hannah showing up as a running thing but it seems they wanted to end that and continue playing up the will they-won't they relationship between Magnum and Higgins.

Say yes Higgins, for us.

That was some weird staging on the helicopter chase. TC's bird does have a back seat. There was no need for Juliet to sit on his controls to be closer to Thomas. The ridiculousness of TC trying to get on his tail WWII dogfight style with no guns to shoot him down made me flash to Firefly when the bad guy just stayed high and watched Wash take Serenity through all the yanking and banking to absolutely no effect of losing his pursuer..

Last edited:
As a lightweight procedural, I find that Magnum, at best, gets by with perfunctory storylines. It mainly relies on pretty scenery, humor and modestly charming leads and chemistry.

But this last episode was worse than perfunctory, it was just bad - especially as a season finale. To the extent that Hannah’s prior appearance (and betrayal backstory) was of some interest, her return should have been far more satisfactory. Instead, it was downright silly.

I enjoyed the finale but was surprised Hannah was killed off so quickly.

I do hope they'll formalize their partnership between Magnum and Higgins. They do work well together and it would be good to see even more of Juliet. She seems to be very ready to help him out this week.

I enjoyed the season finale overall but Hannah's logic made no sense, Magnum and his team were maverick's and didn't follow authority well, so the idea she didn't want to ask them to help rescue her father in case they got in trouble and instead thought it was a better idea to sell them to the Taliban in the hope she'd get back in time to buy their freedom was beyond dumb.

On the flipside I enjoyed seeing a different side of Rick and the way Magnum, TC, Rick and Higgins became even closer, Higgins being Magnum's rock again and the final secene, which was great. I also love grumpy Katsumoto. :D Finally. I don't know about the aeronautics of it but I enjoyed the chopper chase sequence.

perdita-weeks-outdoor.jpg

perdita-weeks-bikini.jpg

Anyone watch the season 2 premiere this week? It was a decent episode. Dunno what will happen with Higgins leaving for London at the end though.

Apparently the original Rick will guest star next week. Then there's a Hawaii Five-0 crossover later on in the year.

After 5-0 broke out with the monster truck as only 5-0 does and laid down a challenge for their little brother heir apparent on Friday night Magnum came up lacking.

Anyone watch the season 2 premiere this week? It was a decent episode. Dunno what will happen with Higgins leaving for London at the end though.

Apparently the original Rick will guest star next week. Then there's a Hawaii Five-0 crossover later on in the year.

If by crossover, that means Steve, Grover and Danny. We've already seen Kamekona and Noelani.

If by crossover, that means Steve, Grover and Danny. We've already seen Kamekona and Noelani.

Yeah they mean a two-part crossover apparently. The other types aren't even worth mentioning. The episode with the original Rick is even that other type since he's playing the same character he does on H50.

Nothing short of 5-0 instead of Det Katsumoto having a case which entangles with Magnum will suffice as a crossover in my eyes. Maybe the can also get LL Cool J and finally have their CBS SEAL reunion that got spoiled last time by Alex O'Laughlin's rehabilitation.

Duke appearing will be fun. I didn't watch 5-0 last season so how did he get his job back?

Duke appearing will be fun. I didn't watch 5-0 last season so how did he get his job back?

Duke's already appeared in Magnum though last season. When Katsumoto went missing once (think he was kidnapped), Magnum called into the station or something, and Sgt Duke Lukela answered (or perhaps he called Magnum - I can't remember).

As for how he got his job back, I don't exactly remember as I didn't really watch 5-0 last season either. But I do recall it was in the early part of the season.

Duke's already appeared in Magnum though last season. When Katsumoto went missing once (think he was kidnapped), Magnum called into the station or something, and Sgt Duke Lukela answered (or perhaps he called Magnum - I can't remember).

As for how he got his job back, I don't exactly remember as I didn't really watch 5-0 last season either. But I do recall it was in the early part of the season.
He got it back by going in front of HPD's review board after McGarrett asked him to think about how he wants to be remembered by his colleagues and his family, namely his granddaughter. I believe McGarrett and other 5-0 members testified on his behalf as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"