Making the perfect Spidey suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning All..

I want to fill you in on a couple of issues in regards to replicating Spidey's costume. Mick and I have formed a pretty good friendship regarding Spider-Man and replicating the perfect costume. Mick has talents you can only get from GOD. With what little artistic ability I have I replicated the alien costume and Mick has taken me to the next level of quality. Since we are working together on replicating the movie costume I don't see any reason not to help those of you out there get your own costumes to have fun with. Mick feel free to post my pics since I'm on the road this week and I'll get back to you by Friday.

-- Ben

Het Guys,
I borrowd a friends digital videocamera(a real basic one) and filmed my Ross costume.Its vey blurred and takes 8 mins(for ten seconds) to download but let me know if you wanna see it,I'll need your email address.Its the only time you will Alex Ross design in motion
Mick

Would love to see you in costume and in motion that would be cool, plus I would love to see pics of Spiderman Yetter too if you have them. So continue to a great job. [email protected]

Plus continue your updates onthe progress of the costume.

[ 10-01-2001: Message edited by: mick ]

Mick,
The Costume looks even better in real life than it does in a still photo.
Forget the Bedroom! Hit those rooftops with your camera and do whatever Spidey can!

I think I might be a little stiff and old for climbing rooftops.

Still its a thought...

Mick

Hey

Saw Your Suit SpiderMan-Yetter, Great One!!

Looks Very Very Good, Just Like The Black Suit Should Look Like.

SpiderWebs

Thanks Webs! That means a lot!! I've been fooling around with the polarized lenses and made about 1/2 dozen different masks and thanks to Mick, came up with a unique style which will add character to costume. Will have some new pics (in action) next week....

Cant wait to see more of you mick in action and spiderman yetter, which i seen once before but didnt know it was him. I hope we have forgotten the real reason for this forum. I still kind want to know the status of the promotional costume, not to rush perfection. Plus i thought of doing the first verison of the scarlet spider. But i really just want to know what kind of finacial situation im getting myself into

Hey Guys...

What's everyone's opinion of getting together this weekend for some costume chattin'.....

Sounds Good SpiderMan-Yetter!

How About Tonight?

I'm Free All Weekend If Tonight Is Not Good.

SpiderWebs

Tonights good for me after I get my girls to bed, that way I can have some P & Q. I tried to call Mick and no one was home so he must be at the local pub knockin' a few down...

That Is Fine Yetter! I Should Be In There About 7:30!

Till Then,

SpiderWebs

Okay, Mick here we go.

Basically: How will your costume be put together?
1. Are there going to be soles in the boots?
2. Are the gloves and boots attached? (I assume they are)
3. Is the mask attached, and if so, how?
4. Will those getting a costume made by you be able to choose the style of eyes? (McFarlane, classic, etc) and will you accept pics of what they'd like?
5. Will the chest spider be set or is that also flexible?
6. Will you use the lenses similar to those used for your Ross design or will a white mesh material be available?

I know you're still in the preliminary work, but these are just a few curious questions I wanted to ask. Just give the best answer you can.

Oh, and since it probably got deleted before you saw it, I asked a bunch of similar questions immediately after you posted a reply to the first thread saying not to ask how much it would cost. Of course, my reply posted immediately after started with:

So. . . . .how much is it going to cost?
wink.gif

I then mentioned you throwing a bus on me with the spider strength you aquired while working on the Ross costume and I died.

I don't remember where my mindless rambling went from there, but I remember it concluding with a fire truck being hurled in my general direction.

Just letting you know I'm okay and still interested in a costume.

See ya later, Spider-Mick.

MICK!!! I'm still interested! These questions have to do with that costume you're making. PLLLLLLEEEEEEEASE answer them. I was just offering ideas for the financially challenged.
frown.gif

I'm still interested! I just want to see the answers to these questions!!!!!

If you don't answer them in the forum soon, I'm going to e-mail you instead.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Fanged-Hunter (edited 03-02-2001).]

Originally posted by Costume Maker:
Silk Screener. I have the webs screen printed
Joseph

But how does that create "raised" webs?
Doesn't silkscreen emit a flat image?

Hey Costume Maker Your Suit Looks Good. How Long Did It Take You To Make That?
Looks Great Keep Up The Good Work!

SpiderWebs

Including making the pattern and buying the fabric I made it in 2 days
Joseph

Originally posted by Costume Maker:
They have a process that they can do raised silkscreening
Joseph
Interesting... I've never heard of that.. Did you silkscreen the spider on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"