Man kills his daughter After She Unplugs His XBox

Let me add this to the equation, then: That same guy also confessed that he killed the victim. He's guilty both by the evidence and by his own admission. Yet he fights the death penalty through appeals and writs and drags it out so that he never has to face the death penalty despite being sentenced to it. That sort of thing needs to stop and those kind of murders need to be erased from the planet.

jag

and then 10 years later it turns out this cop has been beating confessions out of people for the last 20 years. oh but darn, we already done executed those people. oh well too late. better luck next time.

and seriously man. the law wont say "if the victim's blood is on him, and his fingerprints are on the weapons, and his dna is there at the scene, and he confesses" than five appeals are no longer necessary.

It will say if their guilt is proven, than their guilt is proven. and the definition of proven varies from one person to another, and every convicted criminal will get lumped together as equally proven guilty.

that's why it's so shocking that you don't know these things. you can't deny anything in that post. in the eyes of the law guilty is guilty. Innocent people do get convicted, and without these measures, a lot of innocent people will get fried. That is what will happen if we do it your way.

You haven't said anything in terms of how the judicial system actually works (as opposed to how I'd like to see it work) that is revolutionary or remarkable, though. It's common knowledge that sometimes innocent people get wrongly convicted. Just because I don't acknowledge it doesn't mean I don't know about it. Big difference. But in terms of how the appellate system works for people who ARE guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt: indisputable evidence in hand and a confession to corroborate it, there is no reason for those people to continue wasting our oxygen. Period. That's what I have been discussing, not people where there is reasonable doubt and therefore reason to continue their appeals. Why has that point continually escaped you in this conversation? :huh:

jag

and then 10 years later it turns out this cop has been beating confessions out of people for the last 20 years. oh but darn, we already done executed those people. oh well too late. better luck next time.

and seriously man. the law wont say "if the victim's blood is on him, and his fingerprints are on the weapons, and his dna is there at the scene, and he confesses" than five appeals are no longer necessary.

It will say if their guilt is proven, than their guilt is proven. and the definition of proven varies from one person to another, and every convicted criminal will get lumped together as equally proven guilty.

Go be a defense lawyer instead of an environmental lobbyist. Seriously. You've got the aptitude and stomach for it. But learn more about the appellate system because it's quite a bit different than the first levels of court in which these people get convicted that you're mostly referencing. It's very broken in terms of how they allow the same arguments and pleas to be made and filed over and over again, even after they've been ruled on.

jag

Go be a defense lawyer instead of an environmental lobbyist. Seriously. You've got the aptitude and stomach for it.

I don't because most people on trial are guilty. I couldn't defend somebody whom I thought was guilty.

Plus I'm not going to be an environemental lobbyist, or any kind of lobbyist.
But learn more about the appellate system because it's quite a bit different than the first levels of court in which these people get convicted that you're mostly referencing. It's very broken in terms of how they allow the same arguments and pleas to be made and filed over and over again, even after they've been ruled on.

jag

I know it's far from perfect. I'm assuming that what you want is a law on the books to differentiate between probably guilty, with enough evidence to convict, and definitely guilty with enough evidence to rule out the appeals process.

The problem is that too many judges will always rule in the latter. They will say "I'm satisfied with the evidence" and rule out the appeals process.

This guy is NOT good with kids.

and WHY did you bump a TWO month old thread, about news that was SEVEN months old itself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"