The Dark Knight Rises Marion Cotillard as Miranda Tate

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it turns out that Talia is pretending to be Tate I don't really see how that is so unoriginal. I mean its not exactly like Ras was pretending to be Lucious Fox. He was pretending to be the right hand man of Ras Al Ghul. A guy who believed in all the same things. The only difference was he was using a figurehead to draw attention away from himself.

Yeah, since that's the same exact thing that I'm talking about :dry:.

Yeah, since that's the same exact thing that I'm talking about :dry:.
some here are acting like the reason she is nto Talia is because WB didnt realese that she is Talia. which is the definition of idiocy.

if she is in or not.........fact is that WB was never going to admit it in 2011.

If it turns out that Talia is pretending to be Tate I don't really see how that is so unoriginal. I mean its not exactly like Ras was pretending to be Lucious Fox. He was pretending to be the right hand man of Ras Al Ghul. A guy who believed in all the same things. The only difference was he was using a figurehead to draw attention away from himself.
Ducard was a friend and mentor of Bruce Wayne, and helped him get through the pain and guilt over his parents' deaths. In a climactic twist, it is revealed that Ducard is Ra's al Ghul.

Miranda Tate is a friend and colleague of Bruce Wayne, and helps him get through the lingering grief over his parents' deaths. In a climactic twist, it is revealed that Miranda Tate is Talia al Ghul.

Sounds pretty damn similar, if you ask me.

some here are acting like the reason she is nto Talia is because WB didnt realese that she is Talia. which is the definition of idiocy.

if she is in or not.........fact is that WB was never going to admit it in 2011.
It's just as idiotic to assume that this is just a cheap ploy and that the character of Miranda Tate is just a cover for Talia al Ghul.

Marion Cotillard is playing Miranda Tate. That much is fact. To assume anything more at this point is purely speculative.

AMH as the Riddler was a total stab in the dark. There was nothing to support it, not the case here.

My reasoning that Marion COULD be Talia is the fact that

1. A young Ra's will appear in this film
2. Talia had been mentioned as a character being cast for TDKR in the trades
3. Marion taking time off from her just born baby to play a character with the weight of Talia as opposed to a board member

And yes, I am a quite aware that a young Ra's could be just for Bane, and the trades are certainly not perfect. I get that. And perhaps Nolan wrote a hell of a character in this board member, so much so, Marion just couldn't pass it up even with her newborn. However, I still see it as a possibility and I won't dismiss it as having no chance in happening.

seriously, did i miss something? when was it confirmed that a young ra's will be in this movie? it's just a rumor, isn't it? just like the "JGL is alberto/black mask/strange/joker #2" and just like the like "robin williams is strange" stuff. all rumors, all crap.

the nolan bros. are, i think, a bit too clever to pull the same twist twice in the same franchise. i'm sure they realized that the announcement of cotillard would spark "OMG SHE'S TALIA!" rumors and that's exactly what's going on. i don't really follow the logic that "marion wouldn't play a mere board member, she MUST be playing an important character, therefore she's talia." uh, how about she's an important character who ISN'T talia? the fact that she's going to help a grieving bruce carry out thomas wayne's vision would indicate that she's going to be a key component of the movie.

another problem i have with this rumor is that it speaks pretty poorly of bruce's detective skills. he gets close with this woman and he can't sniff out that she has ulterior motives and that she's the daughter of one of his biggest foes? i mean, the fanboys can see that coming a mile away but the world's greatest detective can't? c'mon.

The Marion is Talia people, I've noticed with this recent casting news, are SEVERELY downgrading the seeming importance of this character, Miranda Tate. As phantasmata mentioned above.

She's not "just a board member" as was Nolan's Uncle "The Apple has fallen far from the tree Mr. Wayne".

I'm willing to bet she'll be much, much more than that.

Ducard was a friend and mentor of Bruce Wayne, and helped him get through the pain and guilt over his parents' deaths. In a climactic twist, it is revealed that Ducard is Ra's al Ghul.

Miranda Tate is a friend and colleague of Bruce Wayne, and helps him get through the lingering grief over his parents' deaths. In a climactic twist, it is revealed that Miranda Tate is Talia al Ghul.

Sounds pretty damn similar, if you ask me.

Yeah but Ducard was training him to become a member/lead the league of shadows. He could have called himself Ras Al Ghul and nothing would have been different. He never pretended to be something he wasn't. If people are right them Talia would pretending to be somebody he works with in order to get close and then act on her plan

Alright, time to spill the beans. Miranda Tate is ACTUALLY...

WilliamEarle.jpg

Post-Op, of course

There you go, there's Gill's big scoop of 2011. I better go into hiding...

"Miranda" is Talia. I can feel it in my bones. it just makes sense. She'll pretend to be a Wayne Enterprises board member, and when Bruce is at his weakest, she'll infiltrate and destroy him financally. And then the Dark Knight will Rise above that and kick her and Bane's asses.

Completely nuts. A total shocker for me. At least we know where this movie is going now.

- No Alberto Falcone.
- No Hugo Strange.

We can all take a deep breath now.

We shouldn't count neither of those two out just yet. Burn Gorman could just turn out to be one of those two. Who knows?

It's just as idiotic to assume that this is just a cheap ploy and that the character of Miranda Tate is just a cover for Talia al Ghul.

Marion Cotillard is playing Miranda Tate. That much is fact. To assume anything more at this point is purely speculative.
You're assuming the twist would have as much impact on the story as BB did. Ra's re-introducing himself to Bruce basically drove the entire third act. IF Talia were in this, she's competing against both Bane and Catwoman, likely bigger characters.

It's possible Talia's identity would be more of a reveal than it is a twist. None of us even know the story, so I find it strange we're immediately predicting how it would be implemented.

Yeah but Ducard was training him to become a member/lead the league of shadows. He could have called himself Ras Al Ghul and nothing would have been different. He never pretended to be something he wasn't. If people are right them Talia would pretending to be somebody he works with in order to get close and then act on her plan
It's still a villain (an Al Ghul, even) masquerading as a friend/mentor/colleague to Bruce Wayne. It's still a cheap twist.

"Miranda" is Talia. I can feel it in my bones. it just makes sense. She'll pretend to be a Wayne Enterprises board member, and when Bruce is at his weakest, she'll infiltrate and destroy him financally. And then the Dark Knight will Rise above that and kick her and Bane's asses.

...an embezzlement scheme?

She's really living up to her father's legacy in that scenario.

so if she is Talia its automatic the same twist like in BB? i dont think so. she can be Talie and they could still make it different.

A story does not have to be original to be good. The plot for the Social Network is one of the most unoriginal plot ever and it's still good. If it's well written, it does not have to be original.

Anyway, I think Miranda is Talia.

This was really unexpected.

I guess this officially ends the Talia/ League Of Shadows speculation. :o

fools, all of you.

miranda tate is really harley quin.

Nope. You couldn't be more wrong.

We were all assuming the son of Falafel man was going to assume his role as protector of all Falafel.

What if...

IT'S HIS DAUGHTER!!?

ZOMG TWISTZS!!!11!

A friend of mine but it best elsewhere:

If she doesn't turn out to be Talia, then f*** this movie.

But thankfully, all signs point to it being so:

A young Ra's in flashback is CONFIRMED

Which means League Of Shadows appearance is CONFIRMED

Bane, her sometime lover is CONFIRMED

Heavy connections to Batman Begins are CONFIRMED

The League Of Shadows know Bruce Wayne is Batman – CONFIRMED in Batman Begins

And then there's the leaked plot outline about Bane & Talia vs. Batman & Catwoman which some vaguely seemed to verify (LR, BOF etc.)

So: Miranda Tate, Bruce Wayne's confidante and lover, will reveal herself to be the daughter of Ra's Al Ghul and the new head of the League Of Shadows at the end of the second act, with Catwoman coming to Batman's aid in the third. Simple.

Miranda Tate = one of Falafel Guy's kids

ZOMG FULL CIRCLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"