Civil War Martin Freeman Cast as Everett Ross

In all honesty... I was a bit disappointed that they didn't do much with the character but I think this was about introducing him for the BP film more than anything. Plus, the film had quite a bit to get through with the main and supporting cast.

He's basically Black Panther's sidekick if you wanna get technical about it, lol. He's his Wong.

He's basically Black Panther's sidekick if you wanna get technical about it, lol. He's his Wong.

Sidekicks are generally more useful that Ross is typically shown to be..

Queen Divine Justice was more of sidekick to T'Challa.

Was helped out a couple of times, but more often that not he was just the normal guy thrown into insane situations

While a very minor, blink-and-you'll-it role, I think it's one that'll help be the connective glue going forward in Phase 3 now that the Sokovia Accords are in place.

No, Agent Coulson had a distinct role, especially related to S.H.I.E.L.D.

Sharon Carter clearly defined his role. And Feige has already stated that this character will be expanded in future MARVEL films.

Even in IRON MAN, Coulson was the distinct mechanism for the very concept of S.H.I.E.L.D to be introduced. That led to Fury, which led to the idea that the Avengers were coming. Coulson's role was hardly meaningless.

Freeman shows up, says like two lines, none of which have much of anything to do with anything, and they have him sitting there with Zemo at the end.

Talk about wasting an actor.

Even in IRON MAN, Coulson was the distinct mechanism for the very concept of S.H.I.E.L.D to be introduced. That led to Fury, which led to the idea that the Avengers were coming. Coulson's role was hardly meaningless.

Freeman shows up, says like two lines, none of which have much of anything to do with anything, and they have him sitting there with Zemo at the end.

Talk about wasting an actor.

Ross is a Black Panther character...you don't need him to expand upon the mythos of T'Challa or Wakanda when T'Challa is already in the film.

Like LostSon88 said, It was confirmed months ago by Feige and Freeman that he'll be used much more in later films and this was just his introduction.

Then why isn't his relevance to Black Panther explored in the film?

Usually when filmmakers say that, there's an actual reason for the character to be in the film they're introduced in.

Here's he's pretty just a namedrop. He's not even an interesting cameo. He's just there.

Just another shoehorned character.

His relevance probably wasn't explored for two reasons:
1) He probably hasn't become relevant yet, he'll become relevant later based on Black Panther's actions.
2) It wasn't relevant to the movie.

Then why was he in the movie?

To set the stage for his inclusion in the Black Panther film.

Marvel has been doing this sort of thing with their films for years.

They also included a Dora Milaje that had less screen time and even fewer lines than freeman. I guarantee she'll also be in the Black Panther film.

Neither of those characters are integral to the film or take up space in the overall plot, they're just there to set up a future film.

I can see him coming back in Spider-Man: Homecoming as well as Black Panther.

I dont get the complaints.

Yes he wasnt in the movie much and they couldve had him interact with Panther more. But dollars to doughnuts he's gonna appear in the BP film, so how was it a wasted character?

It's not like they killed him off or turned him evil.

The only reason there are any complaints is because Ross was being played by Martin Freeman.

If he was played by a lesser known actor nobody would care, or it's be seen as a cool Easter egg fro an upcoming movie.

So, I was just thinking. Marvel got Robert Downey Jr, Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. They gonna hire Jude Law so that we got all of the modern day Sherlock Holmes actors? Heck, they even got Rachel McAdams in Dr Strange.

So, I was just thinking. Marvel got Robert Downey Jr, Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. They gonna hire Jude Law so that we got all of the modern day Sherlock Holmes actors? Heck, they even got Rachel McAdams in Dr Strange.

Cast him as Hunter in Black Panther, then we can have both Watsons in the same movie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"