Civil War Martin Freeman Cast as Everett Ross

So why couldn't they have revealed his name all this time? It's not like it should've been so secretive.

Also, will the name of this thread be changed since his identity has been revealed in Empire magazine?

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/martin-freeman-captain-america-civil-war-character-revealed/

Because Ross is firmly a Black Panther character. Revealing his name early is likely also revealing a cast member of the Black Panther film and might give insight to his role in both Civil War and Black Panther.

Ross is pretty much the narrator and a central character of the most acclaimed run of Black Panther comics. The character is also sort of controversial as some fans loved him and others hated that he seemed to be THE central character at times.

25098713331_eef2a84859_b.jpg

I wonder if he'll make it through the film without losing his pants...

Nice. Okay, I totally can see Freeman in that role.

Doubt it. The Russos are probably aware of that and will make his pants come off at some point.

If not now, it has to happen in the BP solo. Though they'll likely steer clear of giving him the Devil's pants...

More accurately, Martin Freeman as "Blink-and-you-will-miss-him" or "The guy whose role could simply have been merged with that of Agent 13".

I liked his little role in this. I can't wait to see him in the bp movie

why do I keep seeing john watson when I see martin freeman? lo

Well the character had the same tone of voice and mannerism of Watson.

In the finished product, Ross definitely came off more like Gyrich than Christopher Priest's Everest Ross (I know some writers penned Ross more seriously, but Priest was his writer of prominence). Probably too little time given the large ensemble to give him any real development.

I wonder if he will re-enter T'Challa's orbit as an antagonist and ultimately round into something more like his classic comic incarnation.

Meals at 8 and 5 and only 2 toilet breaks; with likely zaps before, after and in between lol

Yeah, he was interesting for the screentime he had. It was so weird hearing him use the American accent, I'm used to just seeing him use his own in stuff.

Setting him up for BP maybe.

Setting what up?

He's literally just a random guy.

Hes a character that is established in the BP mythos. So he's not some random guy

Did they set him up with Panther well in this movie? No.
But he for sure if gonna appear in a BP movie down the line.

Except he is. He's a random government guy with no defining character traits whatsoever.

Why was he even in this movie?

They wanted a name character/actor in the movie to use him in Black Panther.

I dont see the problem with him in the movie. He didn't take away or give anything toward the movie so I dont see why its worth questioning?

No, Agent Coulson had a distinct role, especially related to S.H.I.E.L.D.

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed in Ross, here. He had no connection to Panther and was nothing like his comic counterpart, just a generic government figure. WHich is a huge disservice to both the actor and the character. Hopefully he comes into his own for the Black Panther solo.

Yeah, he was interesting for the screentime he had. It was so weird hearing him use the American accent, I'm used to just seeing him use his own in stuff.

I honestly expected him to use his natural accent, I have no idea why.

He had his trademark style, but not a big role. I have no doubt he'll be useful going forward, particularly in Black Panther. He theoretically didn't need to be in this movie, but why not? He served a useful role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"