Civil War Martin Freeman Cast as Everett Ross

He's pretty short. I doubt he'll be Norman Osborn or Red Skull.

After the blink-and-miss-it appearance in the trailer, I'm pretty sure that he's gonna be a Henry Gyrich/Everett Ross mix-up. If they in fact don't have the rights to Gyrich, it would even be possible that he's called Ross and a nephew/family member of Thunderbolt Ross. You know, have them be a government worker family^^

What if Martin Freeman turns out to be Wong?

Freeman seems awfully small to be Red Skull or Norman Osborn. He's only 5'6".

I think it makes sense that Freeman is playing Henry Geirich. It just makes more sense than some of the other wild guesses I've heard.

Whoever he is, he wears a grey suit. :)

FZPaGY0.gif

SPOILER ALERT!

His character is a previous friend of Steve whom was betrayed in the past and is now trying to take over the world using a decoy played by Bruhl. In the end, it is revealed the Freeman's character is the true Baron Zemo :o

Whoever he is, he wears a grey suit. :)

FZPaGY0.gif

I remember reading the supposed leaked script where it mentions that Freeman works with Sharon. And look here it's Freeman working with Sharon.

SPOILER ALERT!

His character is a previous friend of Steve whom was betrayed in the past and is now trying to take over the world using a decoy played by Bruhl. In the end, it is revealed the Freeman's character is the true Baron Zemo :o
mmmmm I can't put my finger on it, but that plot sounds familiar.

I think it makes sense that Freeman is playing Henry Geirich. It just makes more sense than some of the other wild guesses I've heard.

I still don't understand why everyone was so adamant that he's Everett Ross.

Because people like to jump to conclusions based on little or no evidence.

Remember before The Dark Knight came out, when for the longest time everyone was convinced Anthony Michael Hall was The Riddler, and then he was just a random bit part reporter?

^TIL that the kid from Vacation was in Dark Knight and people believed he would be playing a villain

Y'know how in the trailer, Ross was all "you're vigilantes, consequences are coming"? I expect Freeman's character to be the polar opposite: less confrontational to Cap and more sympathetic to them than anyone affiliated with whatever governmental body regulates the Accords.

Because people like to jump to conclusions based on little or no evidence.

Remember before The Dark Knight came out, when for the longest time everyone was convinced Anthony Michael Hall was The Riddler, and then he was just a random bit part reporter?

Or the lady thought to be Catwoman who turned out to be Eric Roberts' gun mol?

Based on a new interview he gave, it sounds like he'll be playing an Everett Ross-type guy and not a politician. He says he's government employee who's job it is to keep the superheroes and their powers in check. He says he won't necessarily be a good guy or bad guy but someone more in the gray area.

[YT]qKGAq6_uTwE[/YT]

He works for the American government. He works in conjunction with the superheroes and certain agencies that help to tame the superheroes power. You’re not quite sure which side he’s on. It looks a little bit like he’s playing one game when actually he’s playing another.
Well that's great. So when we first see him in the movie appearing to play one game, we'll know it's definitely the other. Thanks Baggins.

Or the lady thought to be Catwoman who turned out to be Eric Roberts' gun mol?

Every woman cast in any role ever during TDK's production had people insisting she was Catwoman.

Maroni's mol, the Russian ballerina Bruce takes to dinner, etc.

Last edited:
I wonder if the reason Martin Freeman's identity hasn't been revealed is because his name could actually change during post production. Perhaps he was given a certain name during filming, but Marvel were waiting to do a deal with Fox allowing them to use Agent Gyrich as part of the peace talks between the two studios. So perhaps in post production, there could be minor scenes refilmed (or maybe they've already been filmed with two different takes) where Freeman could be one person in one version and a different person (ie Gyrich) in another.

There does seem to be more cooperation between Marvel and Fox recently, with Marvel producing the X-Men TV series, and also promoting Deadpool. Maybe Marvel have also gained the FF right back, which would be great.

Or perhaps Gyrich always existed in a grey area like Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch where both Fox and Marvel could use him. After all, Gyrich did appear in a number of Avengers stories in the comics and was behind the 7-member limitation on the team and the reason Falcon was imposed on the group.

Yeah but I think Gyrich's role on the X-Men TAS cemented his position as an x-character in the public's mind at the time, and since that's about when the movie deals were made, I'd wager they gave Gyrich away too. He may act more like the comic counterpart of Gyrich, but I'm betting his name will be Everett Ross in the movie

I don't know if they'd be expending so much effort to get Gyrich, though.

Every woman cast in any role ever during TDK's production had people insisting she was Catwoman.

Maroni's mol, the Russian ballerina Bruce takes to dinner, etc.

Or the woman playing one of the female Extremis soldiers in Iron Man 3 who people kept insisting was the Wasp.

Or the generic extra in Age of Ultron people thought was Mantis.

Or when...yeah no I wasn't around the time of any rumors like that. :funny:

Or the woman playing one of the female Extremis soldiers in Iron Man 3 who people kept insisting was the Wasp.

Those were the days

Also don't forget the Black woman in the AOU trailer that people swore was Shuri or Dora Milaje...turned out the scene wasn't even in the final film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"