Marvel Comics Crossover Tournament!!!

I'm thinking Juggernaut, if the is the original one and not the recent weakling version.

I guess it would come down to whose magic is stronger, Zarathos or Cytorrak. If Zarathos' is stronger, than Rider's Hellfire could get through Juggy's enchantments that make him invulnerable. If Cytorrak's is stronger (which I believe to be the case), than Juggy takes it because Rider can't hurt him at all.

For voting purposes I'll go with Jugg's!

I dunno...Ghost Rider has disabled both Doctor Strange and Galactus with his penance stare...I don't think Juggernaut would fare any better

Ghost Rider gets my vote :ghost:

In regards to the previous fight...No, I havent read the comics...I was basing it off the movie =( I give it to GR in this one.

Galactus defeated Mephisto who in turn easily defeated Zarathos. The Ghost Rider who had the Penance stare wasn't Zarathos was it?

In regards to the previous fight...No, I havent read the comics...I was basing it off the movie =( I give it to GR in this one.

No problem. I will probably start posting bio's for the crossover characters so people can know more about them :up:

Galactus defeated Mephisto who in turn easily defeated Zarathos. The Ghost Rider who had the Penance stare wasn't Zarathos was it?

I don't think so, but I could be mistaken.

No problem. I will probably start posting bio's for the crossover characters so people can know more about them :up:

I don't think so, but I could be mistaken.

I thought all the GR's had the Penance stare...an inherent ability of the hellfire.

From Wikipedia about Vengeance:

"He possesses powers more in line with those of the Zarathos version of Ghost Rider, although he also possesses the Penance Stare"

so that would suggest Zarathos = no penance stare, which explains why he was so easily disposed of by Mephisto, Silicon :up:

From Wikipedia about Vengeance:

"He possesses powers more in line with those of the Zarathos version of Ghost Rider, although he also possesses the Penance Stare"

so that would suggest Zarathos = no penance stare, which explains why he was so easily disposed of by Mephisto, Silicon :up:

Zarathos/Ghost Rider had no penance stare.

I stand corrected, head bowed, eye's peering at the floor, hands in plain view. :(

I stand corrected, head bowed, eye's peering at the floor, hands in plain view. :(

lol no worries man :up: if anything this thread is good for learning more about characters. I'm learning new stuff all the time...and am being humbled lots of other times too! :D

lol no worries man :up: if anything this thread is good for learning more about characters. I'm learning new stuff all the time...and am being humbled lots of other times too! :D

:wow: I just realized my last entry completely contradicts my sig.

:cmad: Damnit, I was right, Wikipedia and Marvel are wrong. They all have the penance stare....it's a giant conspiracy against me. :ninja:

ALRIGHT!!! MY MATCH IS UP, THANKS SPARTA!!!!!!!!!

Um...I picked these two combatants b/c I love to debate who wins in fights involving near-invulnerable and supernatural characters.

That said...I would argue GR takes the win b/c Juggs can't simply beat GR down. It takes more than brute strength to defeat a demon. Remember GR #13? The Hulk jumped and landed right on GR's head, and he still survived.

If GR can somehow manage to get close enuff and long enuff to Juggs to use the Penance Stare, then GR takes the win. If not...then I see a stalemate.

That's true, but he could still achieve the same effect by blasting someone with hellfire.

Not really. Hellfire has nothing to do with guilt or innocence. It simply burns the soul the same way ordinary flame burns the flesh. If it burns long enough the soul is utterly destroyed. Guilty or innocent the effect is the same.

One look in the eyes and Ghost Rider would have this one.

The Penance stare may or may not work. First Juggy's force field may stop the magic if it is up and if it does not Juggy's helm stands a good chance of stopping the effect the same way it does other mind influencing effects. With shield and helm Juggy may well be able to stand still and simply ignore everything GR can throw at him.

this is the original Juggernaut

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"