• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Marvel Comics Crossover Tournament!!!

I'm going with Scarecrow and Freddy on this one.

NewLogo.jpg

FREDDY & SCARECROW
nightmare-on-elm-street-freddy-head.jpg
Scarecrow.jpg
the perdition twins

I don't know what's with Krueger that makes him so superior. Can anyone give me a nudge? Thanks! :D

Krueger and Scarecrow win!! Next match-up shortly...

This is the all adamantium Ultron

Um...

This is hard to judge b/c which universe's rules apply here? Star Wars' or Marvel's?

If we're going by Marvel rules, then Ultron. SW, then Vader.

What do you mean? the main question is if a lightsabre could cut through adamantium...and I am going to leave that up to every one of you to decide because there is no official answer...only what you all think. So I guess lets say it's a neutral universe

What do you mean? The only issue I could think of is if a lightsabre could cut through adamantium...and I am going to leave that up to every one of you to decide because there is no official answer...only what you all think.

So I guess...pretend it's a neutral universe or something lol

If that's true then Vader wins no problem.

If it is a neutral universe then Ultron wins without effort. There would be no Force so Vader's combat abilities would be much diminished and a lightsaber should not be able to do any damage to adamantium.

If the Force were present then the opposite should be true. Vader could use the Force to damage Ultron's internal components without ever bothering to draw his light saber.

But since this is a neutral universe, Ultron ftw.

If it is a neutral universe then Ultron wins without effort. There would be no Force so Vader's combat abilities would be much diminished and a lightsaber should not be able to do any damage to adamantium.

If the Force were present then the opposite should be true. Vader could use the Force to damage Ultron's internal components without ever bothering to draw his light saber.

But since this is a neutral universe, Ultron ftw.

But if it's neutral, wouldn't the adamantium lose it's durability? If we're going to de-power Vader it's only fair we should do the same to Ultron.

It's not about fair or unfair. The durability of Adamantium is a natural property of the metal. The Force on the other hand is an energy field unique to that universe depending on microscopic lifeforms unique to that universe which may or may not even be able to survive outside the environment of the Force.

The general rule of fiction is that physical properties whether of a material or a creature retain the qualities of the universe that they are native to. Thus a dragon coming to our world would still be able to fly and would not be crushed under it's own weight the way that a creature native to our world would be. Powers that depend on an external source however are not functional unless the universe has the same or a similar source. If similar the powers usually require a either a period of adaptation or retraining.

It's not about fair or unfair. The durability of Adamantium is a natural property of the metal. The Force on the other hand is an energy field unique to that universe depending on microscopic lifeforms unique to that universe which may or may not even be able to survive outside the environment of the Force.

The general rule of fiction is that physical properties whether of a material or a creature retain the qualities of the universe that they are native to. Thus a dragon coming to our world would still be able to fly and would not be crushed under it's own weight the way that a creature native to our world would be. Powers that depend on an external source however are not functional unless the universe has the same or a similar source. If similar the powers usually require a either a period of adaptation or retraining.

Well said. Ultron takes this.

Ultron...thanks to a fantastic post from Silicon Surfer.

I'd go for Vader. He doesn't rule an entire empire for nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"