Marvel April 2008 Solicitations

I haven't seen Wolverine regret killing someone on panel in a good long time. I haven't seen him struggle against "the animal". In the old days he called himself a "failed samurai" because he couldn't find inner peace. Nowadays, it seems he doesn't care, because he got hot by being the toughest guy around, so self control had to go. I'm not saying Logan is Carnage, but he would certainly kill Carnage. And anyone working for Carnage. Is that Avengers material? Because if so, then Eddie Brock could be an Avenger. He tried to kill Carnage too. Few times. Sentry just succeeded.

He had a sort of "mid-life crisis" in Rucka's run. He pretty confessed his sins to Kurt and got pretty down on himself until Kurt reminded him that he is a man and not a monster and that Logan is a hero, even if his methods can get a little...bloody.

True. Except sometimes he will back off on an X-Men team if Cyke or Storm asks him not to kill someone. Or at least he or they used to.

Right. There are people who's leadership he respects. Storm is probably at the top of that list.

Any leader of a team who picks someone specifically because they don't follow orders is asking for disaster.

Was Cap asking for disaster when he invited Clint to join? Clint tested and went against Steve's orders all the time. Was that a mistake? Or did Clint prove himself and become a "classic" Avenger?

And it is downright funny that someone like Iron Man who arrested people simply for wearing costumes outside and not signing a document would entrust much to Logan. Stark is a control freak and he puts a guy on his team who has made a lifetime of irking control freaks by doing his own thing when he wants. It makes no ****ing sense.

You'll never get me to argue that. Tony's reasoning for putting Logan on the team, and his continued support of keeping him on the team fell flat for me, too. I blame Bendis.

Now, if Stark had said, "I want Logan on this team because he's worked with a few of you before, and he regenerates from nukes so that is handy sometimes," then that I could buy.

Right. Even Murdock told Steve to get Logan for the Japan mission, seeing as he has as much experience with them as anyone. Conveniently, he was not "available" for that mission. :whatever:

I'd put him on my team for the simple fact that he's one more extremely skilled and competent fighter in a fight, and the bonus is that you don't have to worry about his safety like you would with most everyone else. You could basically treat him like you would an expendable soldier.

She is, but I doubt she's killed as many people. And she pales next to Ares, who is literally the god of war. Or Sentry, who waxes & wanes from sitting in a room unable to do anything heroic to flipping out and nearly destroying the world. Yeah, that Stark is great with picking teams. No wonder Cap usually went by "fate". :p

Everyone pales in comparison to Ares.

That's what Uncle Sam said about Charlie during 'Nam. :o

No, they're literally not alive.

He had a sort of "mid-life crisis" in Rucka's run. He pretty confessed his sins to Kurt and got pretty down on himself until Kurt reminded him that he is a man and not a monster and that Logan is a hero, even if his methods can get a little...bloody.

Guess Kurt must follow the Old Testament, back when God was all for killing "sinners" who got bad enough. ;)

Rucka wrote WOLVERINE for 19 issues from 2003-2004, basically before the Millar/Romita run.

So, basically, Logan got down on himself for killing folks, and Kurt restored his faith, so now he can go back to stuff like his annual for torturing a guy who kills an old lady. Gotcha.

I'm not saying that this characterization of Logan is bad, I just question him as an Avenger.

Right. There are people who's leadership he respects. Storm is probably at the top of that list.

Yeah. It usually takes about a decade or two to earn it, though.

Was Cap asking for disaster when he invited Clint to join? Clint tested and went against Steve's orders all the time. Was that a mistake? Or did Clint prove himself and become a "classic" Avenger?

Y'know, people throw this example around, and I get tired of it. Maybe logic that sounded reasonable in 1965 doesn't sound too hot 39 years later? If only elected officials understood that...

I might add that Clint wasn't a murderer. He was essentially a glorified thief who acted out more to impress Black Widow than any act of sheer evil. Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch never killed anyone, either, and sought to escape Magneto's influence. I might argue Logan's killed far more people than Cap for far less reasons. You ever read his 90's ongoing? If some toughs walked into a bar and started trouble with Patch, half the time a third or more of them would get killed.

Clint questioned Cap's authority, but he never stormed off and went, "**** you, I am killing him anyway and you can't stop me", or had to debate whether to allow an enemy or trap to kill Cap so he could date his girl, like Logan used to with Scott. Clint never got on Cap's case for refusing to fight someone he had ties to, like Logan ragged on Cyclops for not blasting his once brainwashed brother. Good lord, you don't want to get into Logan's ancient history. Hell, if you believe WOLVERINE ORIGINS (which no one does, and I can't blame them, but sadly it exists), Logan literally sold out Cap to the Nazi's in WWII. Glad the deep freeze kept that secret.

You'll never get me to argue that. Tony's reasoning for putting Logan on the team, and his continued support of keeping him on the team fell flat for me, too. I blame Bendis.

I do, too. Bendis just ****ed the job up. Who said "characterization" was his forte again?

Right. Even Murdock told Steve to get Logan for the Japan mission, seeing as he has as much experience with them as anyone. Conveniently, he was not "available" for that mission. :whatever:

Yeah, that bit was actually funny.

I'd put him on my team for the simple fact that he's one more extremely skilled and competent fighter in a fight, and the bonus is that you don't have to worry about his safety like you would with most everyone else. You could basically treat him like you would an expendable soldier.

Now, that is reasonable. That isn't, "we need someone who defies our authority because sometimes that is needed, even if having authority is important to me and a functional team".

You'd just have to anticipate Logan going his own way. He's a bit of a loose canon. Like that annoying jackass on a sports team who gets into trouble with fans, other players, and even the law, but you sign him because he scores points, or hits well, or something.

Everyone pales in comparison to Ares.

Including intelligence, if you believe half of MIGHTY AVENGERS. More great "characterization".

No, they're literally not alive.

I know, I was making a funny.

How the hell do they know? So, technically, Echo isn't alive either. I can't begin to understand how that works.

Speaking of which, not one Avenger tried to stop Echo from killing Elektra. I guess killing people is cool to everyone now. They had no idea she'd be a Skrull. And even then, we kill Skrulls now? ****, if only the Fantastic Four did that ages ago, we wouldn't have to worry about them invading. :p

Hulk VS Hercules,nice

Fraction's Thor specials should be awesome

yngavngsprsnts4kt1dx9.jpg

Loving it!!!! :cool::D

Love the Immortal Iron Fist solicit. :up:

I told my friend to pick up the Iron Fist TPB(issues 1-6) and he said he expected more than just punching and kicking :dry:

Idk what he expects chi to add to kung-fu.

Heck, you can argue that there isn't enough punching and kicking.

It's what I do. Seriously, where would we be if I didn't? *****ing about Dread a lot, that's what.

It's what I do. Seriously, where would we be if I didn't? *****ing about Dread a lot, that's what.

Am I really worth *****ing about that often? I would imagine it would get tiring. There's a lot of stuff to ***** about in this world. :word:

Now, being part of the *****-ucopia, that I can accept. :D

I had no idea about Fraction's Thor special. I'm all over that one.:up:

wait, whoa...how did Photo get banned?

Good question, wouldn't mind knowing myself.

How did everyone find out in the first place? I never know how you guys know who got banned and stuff.

We know because it says "Banned User" underneath his name.

I had no idea about Fraction's Thor special. I'm all over that one.:up:

Yeah, I might give it a try. Fraction's been solid for a while now. His THE ORDER is fantastic. He's rocking co-writing IRON FIST. His P:WJ is fun for me. And his Spidey Annual during CW was great. So I have every reason to assume the best.

And she pales next to Ares, who is literally the god of war.

I was about to say it's kind of like putting Hitler on your team but then I realized it was actually putting the literal embodiment of genocides on your team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"