Marvel Games in 2011

Smylex

Civilian
Reaction score
US, November 3, 2009 - According to its Q3 financial report, Marvel confirmed the tentative release windows for its upcoming movie tie-in videogames for Thor and Captain America from SEGA.

The Mighty Thor is now scheduled to ship in May 2011, while The First Avenger: Captain America will ship in July 2011.

The Mighty Thor film is currently set to open on May 20, 2011 meanwhile the The First Avenger: Captain America is set two months later on July 22.

As for what's on tap for the rest of Marvel, Activision confirmed it was publishing a new Spiderman game, but did not say how or if the title is related to the upcoming fourth film in the series currently set for May 6, 2011.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/104/1041705p1.html

Well there you have it and im guessing the movies will be about the same time

I hope the Thor & Cap games don't suck. They could be pretty fun if done right.

I hope the Thor & Cap games don't suck. They could be pretty fun if done right.

That's what we said for every game based on superhero and movies. Sadly, they often screw it up more often than not, although this trend has buckled recently with UXO: Wolverine and Batman: AA.

That's what we said for every game based on superhero and movies. Sadly, they often screw it up more often than not, although this trend has buckled recently with UXO: Wolverine and Batman: AA.

I think the blueprint was laid with Wolverine in terms of movie based titles. Just get a capable dev who cares about the character and let them make a game that is as true to the character as possible. I doubt we will ever get a movie based game that will reach the level of quality found in Arkham Asylum tho, there just isnt enough dev time with a movie based title.

Thor's game could rock hard, but sadly I doubt he gets the treatment he deserves. See Iron Man.

How is the Wolverine game? I was thinking of getting it for Christmas. What's the replay value?

I'm skeptical. I read everywhere that Sega's Iron Man and Hulk games weren't too good, so hopefully these will be better. Sega's not really consistent--it's like they can only make really good games or sloppy mediocre ones.

How is the Wolverine game? I was thinking of getting it for Christmas. What's the replay value?

I'm getting it for Christmas too, but I heard it's fun but it's only replayable if you want all the achievements/trophies or if you just want to slice some baddies up.

Captain America has the potential to be a great game. Hopefully it's done right.

I'm getting it for Christmas too, but I heard it's fun but it's only replayable if you want all the achievements/trophies or if you just want to slice some baddies up.

This.

Its fun to run through it every now and then with the different costumes and, like you said, just to slice some ppl up, other than that the replay value is really slim. The combat is extremely satisfying tho.

What im expecting is a Dark Sector Clone for Captain America and Viking battle for asguard (also made by saga i beleive) with new skins for thor

Marvel (and DC) should really invest more (get good developers, longer development time, and not tying the games to movies) in video games; Gaming is such a great medium for the heroes to show off their super-powers and abilities.

Ironically, probably best super-hero game (Batman: AA) features a character with no powers. :)

Thor's game could rock hard, but sadly I doubt he gets the treatment he deserves. See Iron Man.

Dude i was so dissapointed after playing that game. I had high expectations. And they DEFINATELY were not met :csad:

Dude i was so dissapointed after playing that game. I had high expectations. And they DEFINATELY were not met :csad:

Never have high expectations when it comes to a game based on a movie, especially if that game is based on a superhero movie.

I believe that Batman: Arkham Asylum saved superhero video games from completly sucking.
So, i believe we will see more and more good games coming out of those adaptations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"