Captain America: Super Soldier

I wonder, of the people who are saying the game is pretty good, were you all Captain America fans before playing the game or seeing the movie?

Personally, I've never been much of a Cap fan and didn't really know anything about him, but the movie gt me a little interested, as well as seeing how cool the game looks, which is why I'm pretty eager to play it. But I wonder if the of the praise is coming because the game itself is playable and not because people have been waiting a while to see a Cap exclusive game, as opposed to his appearance in the Marvel group games.

I knew about Cap way before the game or movie, my main interest for getting the game from the beginning was that I could weld Cap's awesome shield and beat the crap out of Hydra goons (goose stepping nazis)

I don't know much about Cap besides what everybody else does and I played the game before the movie so that didn't raise my interest. The only reason that I wanted to play it was because the combat looked like Arkham Asylum's and I love that combat system. The game did not disappoint on that front at all.

I wonder, of the people who are saying the game is pretty good, were you all Captain America fans before playing the game or seeing the movie?

Personally, I've never been much of a Cap fan and didn't really know anything about him, but the movie gt me a little interested, as well as seeing how cool the game looks, which is why I'm pretty eager to play it. But I wonder if the of the praise is coming because the game itself is playable and not because people have been waiting a while to see a Cap exclusive game, as opposed to his appearance in the Marvel group games.

I've been a Cap fan for years, but that doesn't mean I would say it's a good game based on that alone. I'm a fan of Thor, too, and his video game was complete garbage.

I wasnt really a Cap fan until he appeared in the Ultimate books with the slightly redesigned outfit. I always hated his original outfit. Thought the little wings sticking out on the side of the mask looked really stupid. Love the films version of the outfit though.

LOVED the movie and had a lot of fun with the game. Cant wait to see him in the Avengers.

I agree with you about the costume. One of the worst I've ever seen. Sure, it worked for it's time, but it's 2011 for crying out loud, and the guy is still running around in buccaneer boots. I love his uniform in the Ultimates, and his look in the movie is great. I'm looking forward to seeing Evans in the updated uniform for "The Avengers" next summer.

I agree with you about the costume. One of the worst I've ever seen. Sure, it worked for it's time, but it's 2011 for crying out loud, and the guy is still running around in buccaneer boots. I love his uniform in the Ultimates, and his look in the movie is great. I'm looking forward to seeing Evans in the updated uniform for "The Avengers" next summer.

Haha, 'buccaneer boots'. Yea those were pretty bad too.

Yea, if the look is the same as whats in those Avengers posters, then he's gonna look great, as he did in the film. Cant wait to see that one.

I've had a lot of fun with this game. Is it perfect? No. But it's worth the money I spent on it, especially after giving it a go in Avenger mode. The combat is very Batman:AA like, and that's the fun in it. But when I was surrounded, I found myself doing the double tap to make sure that shield had a good go around.

It's I think on par with Wolverine and also the Hulk game. They have room to fix some things, but also they actually put some effort into this one. My only complaint is that the cut scenes were not included and all the collectables you randomly find lol.

I'm not sure how I unlocked the Ultimates costume, but I'd like to know how you get the classic suit. Anyone find out how yet?

I believe you need to have done most of the challenges. I got it when I'd gotten gold on about 70 percent of the challenges, although I got gold first time around on most of them, so it might just be you have to complete majority of them, rather than just get gold.

They should have gotten the people who made that Batman game two years ago.

I don't know. I think they've been busy on some other game.

:dry:

They should have gotten the people who made that Batman game two years ago.

Rocksteady? I think they might be tied over with this one game. Small time thing, nothing big, but it's some money for them. The first one was pretty good, sold OK if I remember correctly.

They should just have gotten Chris Nolan to make it... Or hell, just get Batman himself. He's not busy...

Batman's a little preoccupied at the moment...

BatmanVsShark.jpg

:awesome:

Ok, if someone can find a picture that contains more awesome than that, iv got 100 bux waiting for em.

Finally got this in the mail and I agree with most here that it's a pretty good game. I'm only on the 3rd chapter, but so far I'm having some fun with this. I never played the Thor or Iron Man games so I don't anything bad to compare it to, but it does impress me in a similar way that Wolverine did.

Ok, if someone can find a picture that contains more awesome than that, iv got 100 bux waiting for em.
How about a whole thread devoted to Awesome pictures?

:awesome:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=358743

So is this worth the £40...? Or not?
I'd say no, only because it seems like one of those games that is easy to beat and easy to get all of the trophies in a day or two. Personally, after I do that, I tend to never play the game again. Luckily though, I rented this and will send it back probably tomorrow or the day after once I finish it 100%. I recently sold a few great games that I loved only because there was nothing left to do and I regretted buying them at full price. I would've probably done the same with this had I bought it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"