Captain America: Super Soldier

the game is worth the 50 bucks I've been sitting and playing callenges over and over again it very fun.

Anyone know if there's any truth to the rumor that the Bucky costume, US Agent, and Isaiah Bradley costumes are in the game? IGN posted this, but I don't even know how to rescue 15 soldiers. Am I missing something here?

http://www.ign.com/cheats/games/captain-america-super-soldier-xbox-360-900961
Its pure BS unless there's some kind of DLC that hasn't been released yet, which I doubt.
the game is worth the 50 bucks I've been sitting and playing callenges over and over again it very fun.
I don't know, I rented it from Gamefly, got it yesterday morning, and I'm already donne with the game, as well as with all of the trophies. I beat the game 100% and spent a total of 10 hours playing it. I'm going to send it back in the mail first thing tomorrow morning. It is a cool game and I don't regret playing it, but I would've hated myself had I paid $50 for it or even the $35 that Amazon was selling it for before the release date. It's cool, but now that they're nothing left to do, I want to get rid of it as fast as I can so I can get something new right away. I say it definitely worth a rental but not a purchase.

God damn this is a really fun game. I recently decided to pick it up again to get the rest of the trophies and I forget how well some parts of it are done. The combat is addictive and while clearly inspired by Arkham Asylum, it's actually better in some ways. It's more grounded and close ranged, meaning you can't fly across the room mid combo. The crippling strikes and wall kicks help mix things up and the shield works great.
With just a little bit of extra time in development, mostly to smooth out the movement and make the environment easier to navigate, this would have been an A list game. As it is it's still under appreciated. If they were to make a sequel (or an unrelated cap game) based on this game with similar art style and polished mechanics, I'd get it on day one.

Anyone else get the desire to play this game immediately after watching The Winter Soldier?

Unfortunately I beat it, got the platinum, and traded it in. Even though I knew I would get the itch to revisit it sooner or later!

If you haven't read SSH!s TWS set visit, there's a cool bit in it where Chris Evans said he played this game, and he told the film crew the combat choreography should take notes from the game; which I find incredibly awesome.

Yeah I looked on ebay and gamestop.com and it was like 20 bucks

It was worth full price at launch, definitely a good buy at 20 bucks. I figured it'd be cheaper than that now actually.

I think I might pick it up used at GameStop and exploit their 7-day return policy. Haha. Hope I still have my game save with all the suits unlocked.

It had some cool ideas. And did everything with the shield very well but besides that it was very forgettable. And the combat was decent but very sloppy

I too have kind of been wanting to re-play this recently. Unfortunately because of licensing issues a lot of old Marvel games have gone back up to nearly full price. Games like this and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 I have found quite hard to find for a reasonable price.

The Wolverine game is another that's very hard to find a good deal on. Still goes for 30+ in a lot if stores here in town, I'm sure I could find it for less online. Never got to play M:UA2, really enjoyed the first and the X-Men Legends games, but was wary of the developer change.

This game will always have a soft spot for me, being the first real Cap game since Captain America and the Avengers. That was some good fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"