Captain America: Super Soldier

I hope I could get this game as a gift
I'm cheap, not planning to pay a penny for this one

Last edited:
Its got Cap and I get to throw his shield! SO whats wrong with that?

IGN gave it a 5 out of 10, but I think thats coming from these people that do nothing but play these games 24/7. THIS IS NOT AS INTRICATE OR INVOLVED AS ELDER SCROLLS OR FALLOUT 3 NOR SHOULD IT BE!I just want to settle down and play me some CAP and have CAP do Captain America type activities. On that level this game delivers in spades!

Going to have to get Fallout 3 :Las Vegas and THOR next!

After playing through it, I can say it's deff not a 5 outta 10. It's actually pretty fun. The combat has been pretty satisfying and I think the platforming sections are pretty fun. I was able to get the game for 11 bux and wouldn't recommend paying full price but if ur a fan of Cap, I'd say check it out when it drops in price. Its deff not as bad as the recent movie tie ins

Nah, i havent played that one yet. Not really a fan of the character.
Too bad, fun powers
Saw some footage of that game, kind of sad that it's one of those GoW combat copycats, with the power ring one should expect something more of a game than a Beat 'Em Up

After playing through it, I can say it's deff not a 5 outta 10. It's actually pretty fun. The combat has been pretty satisfying and I think the platforming sections are pretty fun. I was able to get the game for 11 bux and wouldn't recommend paying full price but if ur a fan of Cap, I'd say check it out when it drops in price. Its deff not as bad as the recent movie tie ins

I agree, IGN was a bit harsh on the game. Honestly, I would much rather Sega copy gameplay elements from Arkham Asylum as opposed to trying to conjure up some gameplay style that would not have fit Cap. I've been having alot of fun with the game, I'll be holding on to this one for a while :awesome:

I agree, IGN was a bit harsh on the game. Honestly, I would much rather Sega copy gameplay elements from Arkham Asylum as opposed to trying to conjure up some gameplay style that would not have fit Cap. I've been having alot of fun with the game, I'll be holding on to this one for a while :awesome:

Yea i had fun with it and for the price i ended up paying, it was a steal. Ill go back through it again as i just saw the movie(which kicked all kinds of ass).

I saw the movie and now I really want to play this game, especially since people are saying its not as bad as it was made out to be. I'm still not willing to buy it at full price though.

Now I want this game just as much as Arkham City

I saw the movie and now I really want to play this game, especially since people are saying its not as bad as it was made out to be. I'm still not willing to buy it at full price though.

It's not worth its full price. I'd of been pretty upset had I of paid full price. It's a fun playthrough though. I felt the combat was satisfying. Something great about bustin Hydra skulls with a vibranium shield.

It's not worth its full price. I'd of been pretty upset had I of paid full price. It's a fun playthrough though. I felt the combat was satisfying. Something great about bustin Hydra skulls with a vibranium shield.

Or reversing Baron Struckers attacks and making shock himself with his own robotic hand :cwink:. On another note, I wonder once the Avengers film comes out, will they re-release Captain America and the avengers as Live Arcade game

Or reversing Baron Struckers attacks and making shock himself with his own robotic hand :cwink:. On another note, I wonder once the Avengers film comes out, will they re-release Captain America and the avengers as Live Arcade game

God I wish they would.

I actually quite like XPlay. I often agree with everything Sessler has to say about a game. I prefer his opinion over pretty much any other critic out there.

I beat the game last week. It is fun, but it does have it's share of problems. Some times, in the middle of combat the AI gets confused and you have to stop, and re-set a fight so you can figure out what's going on. I also don't like how you can't move when you've deflecting with the shield. The combat can be a lot of fun, especially when you string attacks together. I would say that the biggest draw back is the ridiculously repetitive settings, the simplicity of the boss battles, and the overall run time of the game. I've purchased all of the movie tie in games this Summer (Thor, GL, Transformers, Cap) and this ranks among the best.

Is it worth $50? Sure, if you've got the extra money to spend and you're a fan. Otherwise, wait for a price drop, or give it a rent.

Sweet! I just checked my Gamefly Q and it says that they just shipped this today. I wasn't really expecting this since the availability was low, but I'm really excited and I can't wait to play this.

I'm playing the game as I write this and it's not nearly as bad as people made it out to be and the 50 price tab is the right price if you ask me.

I'm about halfway through the game now and I don't see why everyone was saying it wasn't a good game, I'm loving it! I like how it fills in some blanks from the montage in the movie (if you've seen it you know what I'm talking about) and for the short amount of time they had to make it I think it's a pretty damn good game. The combat is by far my favorite part of it, similar to Arkham Asylum and soooooo satisfying to beat up the Hydra grunts with your shield and kick ass acrobatics. Cap jumps off walls, leaps over huge enemies with shields and throws bullets back at people. It's great fun. I'll admit certain things could have been better, but at least it's not just another stupid game that's exactly the same as the movie. It actually enhances the experience of the movie. Definitely worth the $50! (Which, by the way why is everyone saying they're not willing to pay full price for it? It's already $10 cheaper than every other brand new game!)

I wonder, of the people who are saying the game is pretty good, were you all Captain America fans before playing the game or seeing the movie?

Personally, I've never been much of a Cap fan and didn't really know anything about him, but the movie gt me a little interested, as well as seeing how cool the game looks, which is why I'm pretty eager to play it. But I wonder if the of the praise is coming because the game itself is playable and not because people have been waiting a while to see a Cap exclusive game, as opposed to his appearance in the Marvel group games.

nope never read a cap anything besides the few times he's been in a spidy comic. I saw the movie really liked it and then started to play the game and really liked that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"