Marvel Information Websites

Originally posted by TheCorpulent1
I've been reading the Unofficial Chronology for hours and hours now. It's great. Filled in a lot of the placement issues I've been curious about with the Hyborian age and Kull's relationship to Conan.

I have to agree that this site is awesome.

I knew/have read a lot of the information within it but this is the first time I have seen it presented altogether in chronological order. I've read up through the middle ages and can't wait to read more but sadly I have to go do some work.

Yeah, same problem. I've read a bunch of this stuff before but having it all laid out chronologically is really helpful in making sense of it historically (as much sense as fictional history makes, anyway). I'm gonna start up a list of all the stuff I want to read based on this. I know I want to get my hands on the Thor annual with Atum/Demagorge the God Eater and I'm becoming increasingly interested in Otherworld and Captain Britain...

Yeah, same problem. I've read a bunch of this stuff before but having it all laid out chronologically is really helpful in making sense of it historically (as much sense as fictional history makes, anyway). I'm gonna start up a list of all the stuff I want to read based on this. I know I want to get my hands on the Thor annual with Atum/Demagorge the God Eater and I'm becoming increasingly interested in Otherworld and Captain Britain...

I know what you mean. I'm becoming a fan of the Marvel Prehistory stuff, like the Deviants, Externals, Atlantians, Lemurians, etc. and have started a list of comics related to that stuff to collect.

Malice never did get back to me. He read my PM though. Meh. :(

Originally posted by guyverjay
Oh sorry, I didn't know there was a DC version

Now you know.

And knowing is half the battle.

The other half involves blowing up a lot of stuff.

blowing stuff up, but never anyone dying, and only once (in the movie) getting shot.

Does anyone else ever just pick a link out of this thread when they are bored and then read it for hours?

Recently I've read all of the
The Unofficial Handbook of the Marvel: The Lost Generation Universe
A Guide To Marvel's Golden Age Characters
A Guide to Marvel's Pre-FF #1 Heroes
The Unofficial Chronology of the Marvel Universe
http://www.spideykicksbutt.com/

and enjoyed every minute of it.

Are you going to add my Spider-Girl & Witches links to the list, or what?

Originally posted by CaptainStacy
Are you going to add my Spider-Girl & Witches links to the list, or what?

Sorry, I guess i didn't notice them. The Witches one will go up but not the Spider-Girl. Mostly what I'm putting in the thread is links to information websites that have either history, bios, or the like. The SPider-girl site doesn't seem to have much of that.

Originally posted by DBM
Does anyone else ever just pick a link out of this thread when they are bored and then read it for hours?
Not often, but I think you may have just found me something to do during work today. Provided my supervisor doesn't give me some crappy, time-consuming task to do like she did last Friday. I had to look up addresses all day while my Eastman & Laird TMNT collection languished on the counter. :(

Also, some of the websites listed (one for the Celestials, the Encyclopedia Olympiana, and one for Thanos that I saw) are actually just parts of the bigger Sersi's Loft site: http://www.geocities.com/brenni_au/index.html

I don't know if you want to reclass those or what. If not, this section is an excellent Sersi info site:
http://www.geocities.com/brenni_au/Aeaea.html

Not often, but I think you may have just found me something to do during work today. Provided my supervisor doesn't give me some crappy, time-consuming task to do like she did last Friday. I had to look up addresses all day while my Eastman & Laird TMNT collection languished on the counter. :(

Also, some of the websites listed (one for the Celestials, the Encyclopedia Olympiana, and one for Thanos that I saw) are actually just parts of the bigger Sersi's Loft site: http://www.geocities.com/brenni_au/index.html

I don't know if you want to reclass those or what. If not, this section is an excellent Sersi info site:
http://www.geocities.com/brenni_au/Aeaea.html

I did know they were parts of bigger sites. I more or less just enter them as people submit them. Sometimes I'll make a judgement call and leave them out. Eventually I'll probably go through and eliminate the ones that are part of the same site when I have time.

Put in some updates.

www.comics.org is a good site for cover scans and writer/artists information. They have 56,000+ cover scans. It also list some summary information for issues.

When i get free time, i too enjoy checking out all the various sites....this was one of the best ideas on this site...imo.

Originally posted by CaptainStacy
When i get free time, i too enjoy checking out all the various sites....this was one of the best ideas on this site...imo.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"