Comics Marvel NOW: Spider-Man Renew Your Vows

Spider-Girl and Spiderling...
NOW THERE is a book I would buy!
Co-written by Tom and Gerry
Art by Ron and Stegman!
Now all we need is a damn good inker!
There is a colourist that I prefer, but I'll have to dig around to find it...

I would actually be down for that. As much as I am gonna be saddened when RYV comes to a close, a S&S title would be really cool. Or even just Spiderling as the new Spider-Girl. Keep Peter and MJ as supporting characters. I could see that series being successful.

I would actually be down for that. As much as I am gonna be saddened when RYV comes to a close, a S&S title would be really cool. Or even just Spiderling as the new Spider-Girl. Keep Peter and MJ as supporting characters. I could see that series being successful.

What's even more sad is that when that happens, it'll probably lead to MJ being diminished in the comics even more than she already has been. I'm even more worried that it might lead to her fading completely into obscurity eventually, and the fact that it doesn't look like she'll be featured in any of the future movies surely won't help matters either.

I mean it's no secret that the people in charge of the comics (with a few exceptions) don't like her and wish they didn't have to utilize her at all, and since she most likely won't be in the films, that'll probably just give them more confidence to continue their anti-MJ agenda.

Preview for issue #9

http://13thdimension.com/exclusive-preview-spider-man-renew-your-vows-9/

ASM-RENEW-YOUR-VOWS1-580x880.jpg

ASM-RENEW-YOUR-VOWS2-580x880.jpg

ASM-RENEW-YOUR-VOWS3-580x880.jpg

ASM-RENEW-YOUR-VOWS4-580x880.jpg

Screen-Shot-2017-07-13-at-8.17.55-PM.png

Here's the B&W cover for issue #12. Apparently Stegman is off from doing interiors :csad:

DFCM9bjU0AELy8I

Preview for Issue #10.

I still enjoy this series however I'm a bit bummed that Gerry Conway is no longer writing. It's now written by Stegman with Stockman filling the art duties though we may still see Stegman contributing art again. I wish there was some real consistency but this is an alt title after all so who knows. Quality-wise I don't see how Stegman will be on par with Conway and to me that is upsetting since I wish this series in particular was getting a better push from Marvel.

ASMRENEW-1.jpg

ASMRENEW-2.jpg

ASMRENEW-3.jpg

ASMRENEW-4.jpg

Spence?
When and where did that rumour come from?
I know the name, but can't remember his books...

Just finished Ish 10.
It was ok.
Nothing great, a little sad. Humour didn't work. Pete is acting like a hot-headed teen again instead of listening and helping.

Wow. Way to kill a book...
Constantly replace the team...

I will say I'd much rather just have Conway writing with Stegman or another equally proficient artist doing the interiors. That said, I wasn't even that confident with this being an alt title that it would make it past a year...they're always changing up the creative teams on these books but I'm glad to see that RYV is actually going on long enough--I just wish Marvel would put something behind it.

Update.

Starting with Issue #13 RYV will see a new creative team as well as the book taking an 8 year time jump. Jody Houser will be the writer with Nick Roche fulfilling art duties. Stegman is out but will still be doing covers. Check out the article from Newsarama in the link below.

http://www.newsarama.com/36007-amazing-spider-man-renew-your-vows-13-jumps-to-annie-s-teenage-years-in-marvel-legacy.html

Fail.
I was looking forward to buying the past 3 or 4 issues I've missed soon. Now I don't know that I'll bother. Love the premise, love the creative team, and I LOVE the overall tone and fell of the book, but changing up everything PLUS an 8 year time jump just kills it.
It'll go down in history as the lil' Spider-book that could. Much like Spider-Girl.
Or Untold Tales of Spider-man.
Or Spidey.
Or Spider-Man: Family.
Or any other book I was enjoying until it was canceled.
Lame.

Fail.
I was looking forward to buying the past 3 or 4 issues I've missed soon. Now I don't know that I'll bother. Love the premise, love the creative team, and I LOVE the overall tone and fell of the book, but changing up everything PLUS an 8 year time jump just kills it.
It'll go down in history as the lil' Spider-book that could. Much like Spider-Girl.
Or Untold Tales of Spider-man.
Or Spidey.
Or Spider-Man: Family.
Or any other book I was enjoying until it was canceled.
Lame.

Yeah, I feel you. And I understand. I'm tired of Marvel doing this to the books I actually enjoy. But I'm willing to give this new creative team/perspective at least an issue or two before I decide to bail.

Yeah, I feel you. And I understand. I'm tired of Marvel doing this to the books I actually enjoy. But I'm willing to give this new creative team/perspective at least an issue or two before I decide to bail.

Agreed. I hate to give the new team the brush-off before they even start, but With Conway and Stegman, we had a superstar team. It felt like Marvel had some faith in there product. This reminds me of when they killed Spider-Girl's book, kept it limping along in Spider-man Family, and then just let it fizzle out...
...until they killed that universe's Peter Parker in Spider-Verse years later.

I will miss Conway, but I will TRULY miss Stegman! His linework was very reminiscent of Todd McFarlane, which I love.

Agreed. I hate to give the new team the brush-off before they even start, but With Conway and Stegman, we had a superstar team. It felt like Marvel had some faith in there product. This reminds me of when they killed Spider-Girl's book, kept it limping along in Spider-man Family, and then just let it fizzle out...
...until they killed that universe's Peter Parker in Spider-Verse years later.

I will miss Conway, but I will TRULY miss Stegman! His linework was very reminiscent of Todd McFarlane, which I love.

I agree with you. Conway and Stegman...such a great combo. And it really sucks that they're gone. I'll continue to support the series...as long as it remains worthy of support. I gotta at least give the new writer and artist a chance to prove themselves. Hopefully they do.

:( I've been out of it for a while, I'm saddened to hear the sudden shift of creative team. If Conway and Stregman were still on the book, I'd feel better about the massive time jump. I'll still give this book a chance, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried.

Interview with the new creative team, writer Jody Houser and artist Nick Roche.

https://news.marvel.com/comics/72303/amazing-spider-man-renew-vows-parker-family-values/

Honestly, kind of pumped, now. Then again, hearing the creators on a book getting excited about it always gets me feeling that way. When a creative team is just amped for what they are doing, and not making excuses for it (unlike some other comics and stories), then it shows in the final product.

Here's hoping!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"