Marvel One-Shots

Will they announce the next one shot the week of Thor: TDW's release?
hard to tell. there was no strict timeline in the past to when they announce them. I remember the first rumors about Agent Carter came up close to the start of IM3 and when it became very clear that that was indeed a one-shot they were talking about soon a press release followed. (so, a Trevor one-shot is very likely with the Kingsley project coming up close to T:TDW now if you compare the two situations) with the first two one-shots were announced at the same time and I honestly can't remember when Item 47 was announced or hinted at. We knew the name sometime after Avengers was in the theatres and got a lot of clips and a synopsis closer to the BR release

Is it just me, or do these one-shots only come out on Blue Ray? I don't have any kind of Blue Ray device (I just watch DVDs on my PC), and it seems like I never get to see these one-shots... :-(

Is it just me, or do these one-shots only come out on Blue Ray? I don't have any kind of Blue Ray device (I just watch DVDs on my PC), and it seems like I never get to see these one-shots... :-(
most of them are on youtube, just follow the links in the op, where a youtube version is online I linked to it.
Also:At least in Austria and Germany the steel book version of IM3 included the Agent Carter one-shot too

Just saw the Agent Carter one shot last night. Wouldnt mind a mini series! It was really good!

most of them are on youtube, just follow the links in the op, where a youtube version is online I linked to it.
Also:At least in Austria and Germany the steel book version of IM3 included the Agent Carter one-shot too
I've seen the YT versions of The Consultant and A Funny Thing... but I can only ever find clips of Item 47 and Agent Carter. And those aren't on my Avenger/IM3 DVDs either. I could probably find the video in other places online if I looked, but I really wish Marvel had put it on the DVDs that I bought from them. :csad:

I like that idea. Marvel is showing how much it cares about what the fans have to say, that's really cool if it's true.

Its El Mayimbe, doing his standard "pander to the fanboys for hits" routine. Its not happening, and it would be a terrible idea if it did happen.

Except his scoops turn out right most of the time. You must not pay attention

I'm a die hard Comic book fan and I had no problem with the Mandarin twist. I thought it was great writing.

awful idea that would completely ruin Marvels second best movie to date. luckily it is the typical eh maybe BS and won't happen anyway

How would the introduction of a real Mandarin ruin anything from IM3??

Except his scoops turn out right most of the time. You must not pay attention

Um, no, they haven't. Not unless you count every odds on guess as a "scoop," and refuse to count every unverifiable claim as a "miss."

Best Mandarin ever. He did have the greatest motivation of any villain ever; get back at Tony for having sex instead of meeting him on the roof.

Best Mandarin ever. He did have the greatest motivation of any villain ever; get back at Tony for having sex instead of meeting him on the roof.
Really? Which movie was that in coz it certainly did not happen in Iron Man 3.

erm...that wasn't his motivation at all. Tony had nothing to do with his plans

Yeah. While Killian probably kind of hated Tony on a personal level, he actually admired him, for what he symbolized. Or at least, what Tony appeared to be in Killian's eye. Revenge on Tony was not a motivation, it was just a little side benefit.

erm...that wasn't his motivation at all. Tony had nothing to do with his plans
Ummm the movie explicitly states by Tony himself that he created a demon at that exact moment from his actions. That was what was driving Aldrich then forward. Aldrich knew going to Stark Industries would yield nothing so getting denied by Pepper was not his motivation. He went to show off to her. Aldrich's motivations were all due to Stark standing him up. Lamest villain origin ever.

Ummm the movie explicitly states by Tony himself that he created a demon at that exact moment from his actions. That was what was driving Aldrich then forward. Aldrich knew going to Stark Industries would yield nothing so getting denied by Pepper was not his motivation. He went to show off to her. Aldrich's motivations were all due to Stark standing him up. Lamest villain origin ever.
This exact topic has been debated ad nauseam on these boards. I don't think either faction is changing the other's minds at this point. To all: let's just agree to disagree and move on.

you really should watch again

Posted this in the Mandarin-centric thread in response to another poster, but I thought it would fit here as well, since it's an idea for the "Mandarin One-Shot"...
I don't think it will be treated as another twist. I think there's also a chance that the One-Shot might not even be canon. Just a straight up Kingsley's Mandarin vs. Iron Man 10 minute-short.
Oh oh oh. I just had an idea of how to convert that very non-canon One-Shot you described into an in-canon One-Shot, without sacrificing the integrity of IM3 one bit. Slightly confusing? Lemme explain.

So, we start off abruptly with Ben Kingsley in full Mandarin regalia flying through the air, shooting lasers from ten rings, battling Iron Man (in what appears to be a new suit design) one-on-one in absolute epic over-the-top manner. That goes on for about 10 minutes and we (interestingly) see that Iron Man has been re-cast. Would be awesome if they used a huge name here.

The camera pans left and we see that we're in a movie hall; an in-MCU movie hall, of course. We then see Slattery (immunity in exchange for the goods on Killian/AIM) seems to have parleyed that promising theater career and recently ill-gotten infamy into a solid career on the big screen. Then, Trevor Slattery does Trevor Slattery things for a few minutes... and scene. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"