Marvel Films Marvel Studios at D23

boring day for Marvel it seems.
they had enough yesterday, I guess lol

It's primarily a Star Wars event right? Maybe they don't want to outshine them too bad. Lol. =)

Well, at least the show announcements were exciting XD

All in all I am really freaking excited for the eternals. Surprised they didn't show any Black Widow footage though

Really wasn't expecting much for Marvel's film slate as they seem more concerned with launching their Disney+ shows since that is going to appear sooner than their 2022 stuff.

Well Sersi and Black Knight are something but couldn't they reveal the other two 2 2022 films especially if they already revealed one?

All in all I am really freaking excited for the eternals. Surprised they didn't show any Black Widow footage though
They did show some BW footage; it just wasn't much or for release outside of the D23 Expo.

So to recap new characters:

Black Knight
Eternals
Moon Knight
Ms. Marvel
Shang-Chi
She-Hulk
Thor (Jane Foster)

Where's muh Hercules tho?

Last edited:
Lol I was actually right calling Kit Harrington as Black Knight and I thought that was a reach as the character seems to have been rumored for other movies. Sersi and him have a long romance in the comics culminating in a pretty fun Avengers story I'd like to see adapted at some point involving Proctor (evil Black Knight from another dimension). In any case, I'm glad Marvel is still planning on bringing the character to live action.

Last edited:
Well that was Underwelling

And here is where it's Overwelling. :o

hqdefault.jpg

Just black Panther II/Eternals?

boring day for Marvel it seems.
they had enough yesterday, I guess lol

Not very interesting at all. I went away after the Kit Harrington announcement, expecting to come back to lots more announcements. Nothing happened at all while I was away. Barely worth even saving the Black Panther news for D23. They could've announced it at SDCC.

I was also hoping for some Shang Chi casting news. I suppose hoping for FF and X-Men was too much.

I'm actually surprised that BP moved to May 2022 as I thought they'd put it in February since it worked out last time there. Also, with them putting in BP2 in May, that takes away a potential 2022 landing spot for GOTG3, which now seems like it may get pushed to 2023 because the other 2022 slots don't seem like good landing spots.

Not very interesting at all. I went away after the Kit Harrington announcement, expecting to come back to lots more announcements. Nothing happened at all while I was away. Barely worth even saving the Black Panther news for D23. They could've announced it at SDCC.

I was also hoping for some Shang Chi casting news. I suppose hoping for FF and X-Men was too much.
f4 and x-men will get their own comic con moment, either next year or in 2021.
They shouldnt be sharing any spotlight with any b-c-list characters lol.

Lets save the biggest news for their own "panel" :D

Well Tom Holland and Chris Pratt have taken to the stage to promote their new animated film.

Gotg 3 could be the July 2022 movie.
Late July spots for Marvel seem like they're for films just starting out or ones not having the same box office expectations as their bigger MCU brethren. GOTG is one franchise that seems to have grown out of that spot.

Well Tom Holland and Chris Pratt have taken to the stage to promote their new animated film.
Well maybe James Gunn was busy?
Aside from Ant-Man 3 and Captain Marvel 2, Gotg vol 3 is the only movie with a director. Well the director for Am3 and cm2 arent even official. I doubt we are getting Cm2 in the same movie season as bp2. So who else is gonna take that spot and that July 2022 was always a placeholder for a Disney Marvel film which Sm3 kinda wasn't because of Sony.

Last edited:
So it's called "Black Panther II" instead of having a subtitle like all the other Marvel films announced at SDCC? Doesn't seem there's as much fanfare about this film either with no additional cast announced like they had for the films at SDCC.

So it's called "Black Panther II" instead of having a subtitle like all the other Marvel films announced at SDCC? Doesn't seem there's as much fanfare about this film either with no additional cast announced like they had for the films at SDCC.
Feige and Coogler said they didn't have a final title yet. I imagine they'll change it once they're further along in the development process.

Coogler is probably far enough along to where the release date was feasible. James Gunn hasn't even started with GOTG3 as he has to work on Suicide Squad 2 first.

A bit surprised that we still don't know the statuses of Ruffalo, Cheadle and Rudd in the MCU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"