She-Hulk Marvel Studios' She-Hulk General Discussion Thread

She seems like a massive geek so that probably do haha. Can’t wait to see how it turns out!

Would you guys be against the casting of Gwendoline Christie as She-Hulk? I think with a bit of workout, some padding here and there in the costumes she would be a practical solution.

Would you guys be against the casting of Gwendoline Christie as She-Hulk? I think with a bit of workout, some padding here and there in the costumes she would be a practical solution.
I wouldn’t be against it but the issue here is that I don’t know if Jennifer Walters should be that big pre-transformation. I suspect you picked Christie partly because of her tall stature(she’s 6’3) and she’s a good choice but I want Walters transformation to do more to her appearance besides make her skin green; I feel she should also get much bigger and bulkier than her initial thin frame. There needs to be that contrast showing how starkly different she’s become in Hulk form in comparison to what she looked like before the transformation. Not sure casting a naturally tall actress would be the best option.

Unless you do what they did with Chris Evans on the ‘First Avenger’ and have them digitally alter Christie to be smaller or shorter until the transformation. Then after the transformation you can have her act in her natural height.

Last edited:
I thought I had replied. No, actually I was thinking of Gwendoline as She-Hulk while for Jennifer I'd go with someone in the Alison Brie mold.

I thought I had replied. No, actually I was thinking of Gwendoline as She-Hulk while for Jennifer I'd go with someone in the Alison Brie mold.
....So you want them to go the Bixby-Ferringo route? I don’t know about that. For the 70’s Hulk show; the reason they went that route is simply because back then there wasn’t CGI available to digitally enlarge Bixby to be a gigantic monstrous figure so you had to cast another actor who fit the bill. Remember: Ferringo was cast solely because of his gigantic stature and muscular physique, not for his acting ability per se, and the Hulk role generally doesn’t require much acting ability since the character is a monosyllabic brute(mostly). Heck, on the Bixby show Hulk didn’t even talk. She-Hulk is the role that will require more acting ability since unlike her cousin, she retains her intelligence in her Hulk form therefore is able to speak complete sentences. So I don’t see them going in that direction.

Plus, I think Christie is a much better actor than Ferringo and if she’s cast then I’d like her to play the character in both forms. I think she’s up for the task so I just don’t see the necessity in just having her play Jennifer in her Hulk form, while another actress plays the character in human form.

Last edited:
I think that Jennifer will be in her She-Hulk version for most of the series, that's the reason why I think that going with a tall actress who can act in a wide range of styles, so able to tackle comedy as well as action, is the most reasonable way.
For the Swamp Thing series they had a capable actor in a make-up suit and it worked.

I really want either Jodie Comer or Betty Gilpin For the role but I’m not stuck on either. Just think they fit the character quite well.
jodie-comer-attends-the-premiere-of-bbc-america-and-amcs-news-photo-1139815656-1554214078.jpg

betty-gilpin-dypt-1.jpg

Oh my gosh Comer would be incredible! They could fire all the other avengers and just have her, she’s that powerful and cool

Here’s the showrunner’s assistant. Looks like they’re having tons of fun

This show has so much potential!

How about Ana de Armas? She looks like she could be the next Gal Gadot

How about Ana de Armas? She looks like she could be the next Gal Gadot

As She-Hulk she'd look fantastic, but I don't know how well she'd do as Jennifer Walters. I haven't seen her much.

I love Ana. She was just fabulous in Good Omens

Ana's gorgeous, and a great actress, but she's a bit petite for She-Hulk imo
And this from someone who thinks Gadot is too skinny for WW.... and Ana De Armas is even tiny-er

Ana's gorgeous, and a great actress, but she's a bit petite for She-Hulk imo
And this from someone who thinks Gadot is too skinny for WW.... and Ana De Armas is even tiny-er

Well obviously they would only use her likeness for She-Hulk much like they did with Mark Ruffalo. They'd motion capture her and She-Hulk would be a bigger, greener and more muscular version of Ana. It's not like Ruffalo is the right size or physique for Hulk.

That's why I wanted to know how she'd do as Jennifer Walters, because the regular human version of Ana would be playing that.

True, but Jen will always be that size outside of maybe episode 1

So it may be more cost effective to have someone who's already in good shape who then just has to be scaled up and turned green, without needing to add musculature to every frame

plus I feel like Ana's adorable little face on a big jacked green body might look hilarious, in a bad way

I hope this follows Savage She-Hulk at first before branching off into other portrayals of her in the comics. Would be good if some gangsters do try to kill her and then she needs a blood transfusion, and then they make another attempt while she's recuperating in hospital, and that's where she first transforms.

I would even like it if her father, Sheriff Morris Walters, doesn't know she's She-Hulk and is hunting her initially, before later realising they're one and the same.

Indeed. Although i am biased to the Sensational/Byrne Shulkie. Seeing her turn from savage to sensational could be an awesome arc.

Indeed. Although i am biased to the Sensational/Byrne Shulkie. Seeing her turn from savage to sensational could be an awesome arc.

I preferred Byrne's version of her in Fantastic Four, or in her graphic novel. She had enough sass and fun, but wasn't overboard and still normal. When he began writing and illustrating Sensational She-Hulk, it just because frivolous fluff with no substance at all and completely wacky. It was like reading Howard the Duck or watching either the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon or that show Limitless (which was almost like a live action version of the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon).

I don't mind some forays into fantasy like Ally McBeal, because that even had its serious moments, but not a complete lack of substance all the time and being silly for the sake of silliness. When it gets like that, the character (whichever comic or show it is) ceases to be a real person but just a complete caricature where you see that no-one would ever act like that in real life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"