Marvel Superhero Squad

it is so sad
DC fans get "superman/Batman: Public Enemies" and us marvel fans get a garbage like this!

lets's face it boys, when it comes to animation DC kicks ass big time (with Spectacular Spider-man being the huge exception)!

oh totally, marvel kicks butt with live action films, but dc gots the dtv/cartoon over marvel.

This is a show aimed at young kids. I don't see a problem with that.

I just caught an episode of this morning and I don't see what the big deal is. This show is specifically aimed for kids and its just fun lighthearted show. Better than most of the crap out there today

yea its meant for the toddler crowd and not say what TSSM is looking for.

the problem is that instead of giving the fans and i mean long-time fans faithful kick-ass animations like DC does in form of its DTVs, Marvel is targeting kids.

seriously and apart from spectacular Spider-man, has Marvel really cared about the fanbase? why is it that Spider-man which is a one of the top fictional characters of al time never had a decent aniamted movie? huh?

the ****ing problem is that Marvel is sitting on gold and marvelous comic book storylines and is still giving us garbage and we devour it.
"the Night Gwen Stacy Died", "the Death of Jean Dewolf", "the Clone Saga" (the original one by Gerry Conway", "The Coming of Galactus", "Kree-Skrull War", "Civil War", "the Phoenix Saga" , and countless other great storylines and animated movies? huh? Just look at what DC is doing with its characters (tat in all honesty are lame sometimes pale miserably to Marvel characters and their appeal)

the show would be appropriate if Marvel had first satisfied its comic fans by making great aniamted shows (again just like DC did) and then offer this **** as a light-hearted diversion.

it is like starting with zero quality and going further down

Last edited:
totally hopefully things will change down the road.

the problem is that instead of giving the fans and i mean long-time fans faithful kick-ass animations like DC does in form of its DTVs, Marvel is targeting kids.

seriously and apart from spectacular Spider-man, has Marvel really cared about the fanbase? why is it that Spider-man which is a one of the top fictional characters of al time never had a decent aniamted movie? huh?

the ****ing problem is that Marvel is sitting on gold and marvelous comic book storylines and is still giving us garbage and we devour it.
"the Night Gwen Stacy Died", "the Death of Jean Dewolf", "the Clone Saga" (the original one by Gerry Conway", "The Coming of Galactus", "Kree-Skrull War", "Civil War", "the Phoenix Saga" , and countless other great storylines and animated movies? huh? Just look at what DC is doing with its characters (tat in all honesty are lame sometimes pale miserably to Marvel characters and their appeal)

the show would be appropriate if Marvel had first satisfied its comic fans by making great aniamted shows (again just like DC did) and then offer this **** as a light-hearted diversion.

it is like starting with zero quality and going further down
Even if Marvel did produce more animated movies for the fans, the fanboys would still whine and complain about how this is "too childish"and "it sucks!" and blah blah blah. Yeah, there's absolutely nothing wrong with this show. Not everything needs to be for the older fans. You don't like it, no one's forcing you to watch it.

Not everything needs to be for the older fans. .

what has Marvel done in the realm of animation that is exactly for older fans? enlighten me?

anyway, i see you actually like your favorite characters you care so much about and grown up with to fart and belch! that is ground-breaking and definitely for younger fans!

Last edited:
I totally agree with Persian.
DC DTVs - Superman Doomsday, Public Enemies, Green Lantern - all great movies.
Marvel DTVs - Doctor Strange, Next Avengers (what the hell), Invincible Iron Man and the others - meh.

I dont get why Marvel is focusing on their less popular characters. A movie about Gwen's death or Civil War would be awesome. But now, instead of this we get Hulk, Thor and Ultimate Avengers (which was good movie but still).

what has Marvel done in the realm of animation that is exactly for older fans? enlighten me?

anyway, i see you actually like your favorite characters you care so much about and grown up with to fart and belch! that is ground-breaking and definitely for younger fans!
I never said Marvel has done anything for the older fans{besides tose sucky DTV movies}. That was not the point.

Last edited:
I dont get why Marvel is focusing on their less popular characters. A movie about Gwen's death or Civil War would be awesome. But now, instead of this we get Hulk, Thor and Ultimate Avengers (which was good movie but still).

because that is where Marvel makes the most money! Hulk and thor and Avengers are not tied with other studios so all the revenues go to Marvel's big pockets.

i dont really think that Hulk or Avengers are bad characters but and the problem is that even the Avengers or Hulk DTVs are crap and mainly targeted towards kids.
i liked the Doctor strange DTV quite alot though

Last edited:
Kind of ironic though that the Next Avengers movie is better than both Ultimate Avengers 1 and 2

I am just saying that I am just jealous of DC fans. Look at how many great animated features they get. Batman fans and Superman fans are really lucky. However, an internationally popular character like spider-man (he is insanely popular here in my country) has never had even one feature-length animation. Even a great series like Spectacular Spider-man is treated like a bastard child by marvel. Just head to Marvel .com you will see all kinds of promotions in forms of announcements, separate hubs and teasers for Armored Adventures, Wolverine and X-men, Iron Man 2, Thor movie but there is no mention of Spectacular Spider-man! And then Marvel gives us superhero squad show. Now that is putting salt in the wound.

No I agree with you lol, I was just pointing that out.

I agree with you, Persian. TSSM needs its praise and promotions that it deserves.

I watched the first two episodes of this show, Episode one is full of fart jokes, upsetting
Episode 2 is kinda ok, but nothing memorable or making it worth watching, decided to drop the show after it

My youngest bro watched some more episodes of it, I watched it with him, laughed a lot, then my other brother collected the show, sure the first two episodes are bad, but after that its one of the best Marvel cartoons imo, it's really funny, and the best Iron Man cartoon so far, plus Hulk, Falcon, Thor and Wolverine major roles are greatly entertaining

After several episodes of the first season, I lost interest in the show.

Loved the show but doesn't look like there will be anymore of it.:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"