Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.
[…] return of the upgradable passive abilities would be good too. I hated having them all right off the bat. Hulk and Thing are supposed to be stronger than Luke Cage and Spidey, not the other way around.

needed to be repeated

What happens if you do the bad ending? Mutants extinct? West Coast Destroyed? Anything else?

Nope, Next Year.

And where exactly are you getting this from?!

It hasn't been confirmed anywhere that MUA2 comes out next year, in fact the rumour that the game has been postponed to next year has already been debunked.

I'd say we could see a November/December release for this game, with a launch announcement/trailer at E3.

you know where I felt they dropped the ball? The inclusion of Nick fury and Dr. Doom as playable characters. I hate that. It's ridiculous to me to have characters meet themselves in the game. They should have replaced Fury with Black Widow in all versions and instead of Doom as a downloadable character they could have had like The Juggernaut or Sandman or countless other villians. To me it should make sense having the villians fighting doom. Sabretooth, Venom and magneto wouldnt want Doom to be all powerful and ruling the world IMO. I hope MUA2 makes advances to what they already started. All that said I think MUA is one of the best games I've ever played second only to Halo 3 and Re4

Well you're playing an LMD Nick Fury and a Doombot Doom (or is it the other way around?). Does that help?

Plus they're two of the more powerful characters in the game so I really didn't care. :oldrazz: Besides, throw in Black Widow and then you'd really get something that made no sense unless her character disappeared every time you used her (something they didn't do on the psp version).

you know where I felt they dropped the ball? The inclusion of Nick fury and Dr. Doom as playable characters. I hate that. It's ridiculous to me to have characters meet themselves in the game. They should have replaced Fury with Black Widow in all versions and instead of Doom as a downloadable character they could have had like The Juggernaut or Sandman or countless other villians. To me it should make sense having the villians fighting doom. Sabretooth, Venom and magneto wouldnt want Doom to be all powerful and ruling the world IMO. I hope MUA2 makes advances to what they already started. All that said I think MUA is one of the best games I've ever played second only to Halo 3 and Re4
Thats why those guys were EXTRAS. You dont get Fury till the end of the game and Doom didnt show up till months later as DLC

I am replaying X-Men Legends and just unlocked Jubilee. Is there a worse character in the whole game? I find it hard to imagine.

Thats why those guys were EXTRAS. You dont get Fury till the end of the game and Doom didnt show up till months later as DLC
I know they're extra's but with the wealth of characters in the marvel universe you think they could have gotten others

Well some people like me want to play Nick Fury. Hell, I wanted to play Namor and Vision. :csad:

I am replaying X-Men Legends and just unlocked Jubilee. Is there a worse character in the whole game? I find it hard to imagine.

Well, she did increase number of females in the game. The first game got it balanced, but sequel had only four women in the game. MUA had slight improvement with five women. It's ridiculous IMO that only men get super powers and become superheroes.

Is XML backwards compatable for the 360 or not?? I've been jonesing to play it for a while now. I loved the old school flashback missions.

Well some people like me want to play Nick Fury. Hell, I wanted to play Namor and Vision. :csad:

Add Punisher and Hulk, and that would be a great team.:o

I wanna play as Apocalypse. No, really. How sweet would that be :woot:

I just finished and XML1 run through too! What a great game! I forgot just how much I really loved blasting all those sentinels.
Yeah, it was a shame about Jubilee, if they hadn't thrown her in the game at the last second, she might have been...nah, nevermind- her powers probably still wouldn't have been done right. And it always kills me that the voice actor who says "Jubilee" sounds so little like Patrick Stewart, it makes the idea of picking her for your team even less appealing.
Unfortunately I also thought Psylocke and Gambit were poorly done in XML1. I thought Remy was great in XML2, hopefully Psylocke will get another shot, maybe in MUA2, to be the ninja badass she deserves to be...and maybe Jubilee will also get another....nah, nevermind!

Well, she did increase number of females in the game. The first game got it balanced, but sequel had only four women in the game. MUA had slight improvement with five women. It's ridiculous IMO that only men get super powers and become superheroes.
Well, hopefully MUA2 will put an end to that and include some of the amazing Marvel superheroines that deserve a spot in the game, i.e. She-Hulk, Crystal, Wasp, Polaris, Black Cat and Dazzler just to name a few personal favorites.

X-Men Legends is such a fun game. It had more story in it than MUA and XML2. I wish to see more of that in a sequel.

What would really help is if they returned to the X-men Legends formula. What I mean by this is set home base as the S.H.I.E.L.D herricarrier (as opposed to the X-mansion) and have the player run around as Nick Fury (instead of Magma). Run around to different floors and such meeting and talking to different characters in there, bring back flashback missions, etc. If not Nick Fury then maybe someone like Captain America or Black Widow or Spider-woman (I'd say Spider-man but christ have we gotten enough of that guy).

Flashback Missions, one of my favorite part in all 3 games. Those definitely need to return. Also, I don't care how they fit them into the story, I'd love Sentinels to return as well. Out of all the opponents, I enjoyed fighting them the most. Those Frost Giants and Demons in MUA just weren't as fun.

He isn't so bad IMO. Played the first time with him like a month ago, and he quickly turned into one of my favorite characters. I quickly get rid of opponents with the shoulder throw and maneuver around opponents and attack them with the machine gun.

He isn't so bad IMO. Played the first time with him like a month ago, and he quickly turned into one of my favorite characters. I quickly get rid of opponents with the shoulder throw and maneuver around opponents and attack them with the machine gun.

Don't forgot the sniper. Turning invisible and sniping people was just...fun. I mean it even worked on bosses!

Correction: You sucked donkey balls PLAYING Nick Fury in MUA. It's not his fault you have no skill. :oldrazz:

Lol. How very dare you!!

I did give him a go and had him fully powered up, even then his machine gun is useless compared to Deadpools gun and his snag bomb thing is lame as well. His overarm throw is OK but you really have to be up close to use it. Nightcrawler and Invisible Woman are also way more powerful when fully powered up and in stealth mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"