Marvel vs. Capcom 3

I liked Shuma Gorath. Sure, he hasn't really been used since the 70's, and he was a fairly obscure character that was generally poorly represented in the games, but he's a fun character.

J'Adore as for She-Hulk, sorry I didn't get to this sooner. No. She's strickly a tank style character.

She has a healing factor like her cousin, but I don't think that's represented in this game.

They should have used Ultron as a robot.

Ultron would have been a very welcome addition.

Dream Reveal:
253926-88140-ultron_large.jpg
sigma_mmx.png

You think we'll get a reveal tomorrow or another day this week?

And with that attitude, I doubt Mega Man will even be a future download. From what I could understand from the broken translations, Mega Man isn't in either because A) Mega Man's moves wouldn't fit in with the rest of the casts' special moves; and/or B) his moves, which would be varied, would apparently make him unbalanced.

I'm not even touching the sheer ridiculousness of possibility A, but B, I find funny if that is the case. Considering that Seth Killian and others have stated that they wanted certain characters back from MvC2 based on how over-used (read: broken) and how they didn't want to change them (like Magneto) too much because they were broken and unbalanced in MvC2, yet they fear (again, if B is the case) Mega Man would be broken, even though again, they've patted themselves on the back about MvC2's unbalanced-ness and have subtly stated how they would/could bring that broken-ness into MvC3...

http://www.videogamer.com/news/frank_west_cut_phoenix_wright_considered_for_mvc3.html

Producer Ryota Niitsuma has explained that Frank was cut from the game's roster at a late stage, despite the work that had already been put into his character.

"As for Frank West, he was actually in the process quite deep, and in one of our high quality CG trailers he was actually part of it," Niitsuma told VideoGamer.com at the end of last week. "But we've taken him out, due to the fact that we've foreseen some extra work involved, just from the nature of his moves. We felt we could direct our resources to better use, so we've taken Frank out."

And here's the translation on that Spanish article.

"The original megaman has too few moves (techniques/abilities), and would not fit in well with the rest of the characters, he would be too underpowered. For that reason we chose Zero to represent that series. About Gambit, the truth is that we asked Marvel, but they told us that they didn't want to use that character."

Of course the old Mega Man would be underpowered. His moves in the old game were terrible. But he had 10 effin' games. There's so much they could do.

They could even give him the Rush Armor he had once.

Then there's X. Who had 8 side-scollers plus an RPG. X got ****tons of different armors.

MMX definetly needs to finally make it into a fighting crossover. His different armors can act as his super moves

Zero, X and Vile should be all in this together. :argh:

I think Nitsuma has something against Classic MM. He always seemed to have a negative attitude towards him.

And there goes my hopes for having both Frank and Chuck. That comment about Frank actually being in the trailers, now has me thinking even more that the pilot in Ep 2 was supposed to be him.

And here's the translation on that Spanish article.

Those translations make much better sense. But still, since all the characters in MvC3 had to be programmed from scratch (regardless of if they were in the previous Vs. Capcom games), they could have given Mega Man a totally different moveset, or simply buffed up MvC2's MM's moves.

Even better, if they did make Mega Man from scratch, which would take as much time as programming a completely new character, they could have used this opportunity to give us X.

The Niitsuma interviews are always more informative than the Seth/Non-Japanese-Capcom rep interviews, I've noticed.

I knew it was difficult to get some characters, but I can't believe they actually had to have a lengthy discussion with DMC's producer to get the approval for Dante.

whats with Marvel not wanting characters in this game

Hmm nitsuma says no plans for DLC at his time.....That sort of sucks.Also sucks Gambit and Mega Man are out.

Marvel wants their most prominent characters to get in. If Capcom were to put in obscure characters that Marvel wasn't marketing, that would be bad business for Marvel. And Capcom does have a habit of that.

Because of Marvel's input, we ended up getting relevant characters like Deadpool and Thor instead of more "Spiral" and "Marrow" characters. Its not that Marvel "doesn't want their characters in", they don't want Capcom "filling up the Marvel's side roster with filler characters when there are 'priority' characters that Marvel wants to include.'

I knew it was difficult to get some characters, but I can't believe they actually had to have a lengthy discussion with DMC's producer to get the approval for Dante.

It kinda makes sense considering they asked the Monster Hunter team if they could use their characters and they declined.

Makes you realize how difficult it was to create the roster, if even some of their own guys won't lend characters to the game.

Marvel wants their most prominent characters to get in. If Capcom were to put in obscure characters that Marvel wasn't marketing, that would be bad business for Marvel. And Capcom does have a habit of that.

Because of Marvel's input, we ended up getting relevant characters like Deadpool and Thor instead of more "Spiral" and "Marrow" characters. Its not that Marvel "doesn't want their characters in", they don't want Capcom "filling up the Marvel's side roster with filler characters when there are 'priority' characters that Marvel wants to include.'

Which is VERY good imo. If I'd play a Marvel game, I wouldn't want to play characters I've never even heard of instead of Thor, Magneto etc.

If it's actually because of Marvel that we (as it seems) won't get Sentinel, then I'm very thankful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"