Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not even a question of whether this game will sell or even if people want it, in truth this game might even fit under the category of "most wanted games", right there with Duke Nukem Forever.

The Dreamcast and Xbox versions of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 still sell for $60 and $80 on ps2. So that should at least tell you something about a game that cameout 9 years ago.

No, what is more of a question is: How would you want it?

Now if we think about this logically, PS3 and Xbox360 can hold like three times as much space and process way faster, especially if we stick with 2D. We could literally have like 200 playable characters and still have room for a bunch of different modes.

But if we were to go with 3D, we'd have to have less characters, but what we'd gain in moves and abilities might be uncharted.

So ignore the delay/closure and think hypothetically about how you would want the game to be.

Who would you like to see? What would you go with: 2D or 3D? How many characters should there be....Etc..

But this isn't exactly a story driven game, so no matter how interesting Marrow may be as a character, Deadpool is the more entertaining choice.

What has story got to do with anything? They can be entertaining characters as long as they are fun to play. Before these recent years, Taskmaster was a pretty obscure character as well. Even if he wouldn't have had any current relevance, I still would have wanted him in the game.

Just because a character is B-D status, doesn't mean they can't be one heck of an entertaining character in a fighting game.

What has story got to do with anything? They can be entertaining characters as long as they are fun to play. Before these recent years, Taskmaster was a pretty obscure character as well. Even if he wouldn't have had any current relevance, I still would have wanted him in the game.

Just because a character is B-D status, doesn't mean they can't be one heck of an entertaining character in a fighting game.

That seems to be the argument for people looking to put in less important characters into games like this. "Well, so and so is a much better character than Captain Popular, so they belong in."

When considering a game called "Marvel vs. Capcom" the only real consideration that's needed is "Does this character help to portray the company?" and with most of the rosters for the games in this series, they have fairly accurately portrayed the face of the company (at least for Marvel, the side that I'm more interested in) at the time of the game's making. It's for this reason that it's a shame that Megaman won't be in this.

And how can the Thread Manager have 0 posts?:wow:

Last edited:
Where'd this ''Thread Manager" come from and why does there appear to be a Spam bot after his first post?

That seems to be the argument for people looking to put in less important characters into games like this. "Well, so and so is a much better character than Captain Popular, so they belong in."

When considering a game called "Marvel vs. Capcom" the only real consideration that's needed is "Does this character help to portray the company?" and with most of the rosters for the games in this series, they have fairly accurately portrayed the face of the company (at least for Marvel, the side that I'm more interested in) at the time of the game's making. It's for this reason that it's a shame that Megaman won't be in this.

I think company portrayal is the job of must have characters like Spider-Man, Wolverine, Captain America, etc. Once you've put them in, you should be allowed to delve deeper into Marvel history and lore.

The thing I also like about these VS games, is the discovery. To see new characters I haven't heard of before. I might become a fan of them, start to look up the games they came from (Capcom's side obviously). It's just nice to be surprised and discover characters I might have otherwise missed or ignored for the rest of my life.

And then you have characters like Marrow taking spots up on the roster when they probably shouldn't have been created in the first place.

Or Shuma-Gorath... Well, you can't always win. Sometimes there are great characters among them, sometimes they are absolute suck.

I like shuma. He would be, like, a main stay on my team. I just wish blackheart was in this.

subscribed to the new thread

And then you have characters like Marrow taking spots up on the roster when they probably shouldn't have been created in the first place.

I have to agree. The only two new Marvel characters in MVC2 were both X-men related when we already had tons of them. I can understand Cable, but instead of Thor, Daredevil, Hawkeye, Ghost Rider, Ultron, etc we get........Marrow?

Capcom's excuse for no Frank p****es me off! IT'S THE SAME EXACT REASON FOR NO GHOST RIDER, SILVER SURFER OR PHOENIX WRIGHT! They were too lazy!

Hell, instead of giving Dante 40+ moves they could of tried to fix Frank! God damn, this makes me mad especially since they kept us waiting for so long.

We really need to stop calling them lazy. It's a better investment of time if you try to fix other factors and characters who are easier to finish and handle the more complicated things last.

I don't think they were lazy on implementing Frank. They were lazy as **** on Megaman however.

If they already put in a lot of work in frank I could see him getting in as DLC.I hope it doesn't take too long for DLC.

Eh. No. I actually quite liked that lineup. Save Maggot. It was around the same time Kitty, Nightcrawler and Colossus came back too. So it gets points for that.

Eh. No. I actually quite liked that lineup. Save Maggot. It was around the same time Kitty, Nightcrawler and Colossus came back too. So it gets points for that.

That lineup blows in comparison to some of the other X-Men lineups throughout the books.

You can say that ABOUT every lineup, including the more classic lines up like the Original 5 or the All New, All Different team. It's all subjective to people's opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"