Mattchew's fanart thread 2.0... The *****e just got *****ier!

Mattchew

Sidekick
Reaction score
So... my thread was on it's way to getting annoyingly big.I thought I'd repost all my finals in a new thread so they're WAY easier to sift through.

The fact that I've reduced 15 pages to under 2 pages KINDA makes my point.

This is where I'll be posting stuff in the future, as well.

For the present, sorry for the dual threads, but the old one will die off soon enough.

Here's my entry from last November's dino-themed fan art contest... A raptor as Robin:

raptor_robin.jpg

Here's my entry for the contest to make a splash page... Basically it's an excuse to mock the ****ty 'Catwoman' movie:

mdob_splash.jpg

Here's my entry for the 'X3' themed contest...

phoenixes.jpg

Here's my entry for June's 'Superman' themed contest...

superman.jpg

Here's my entry for July's contest where the idea was to do a take on an iconic moment from a movie or comic...

batcat.jpg

Here's my take on Strom I did for August's free for all contest...
For anyone who watched the 6th or 7th seasons of 'Big Brother' in the States, I kinda had Janelle in mind while doing this one.

storm.jpg

Here's just a random Human Torch pic I did...

torch.jpg

Again, here's a random pic I did of goth Supergirl...

sup_girl.jpg

Here's a pic I did becasue I wanted to do a Nightcrawler pic, but thought it would be funny to do him as a *****ie surfer guy...

nightcrawler.jpg

Well, since you asked... till now I have been posting only stuff related to comics that I've done in Photoshop. Here's a pic of a 'Drunken Santa' card I mass produced (I made around 40) for my friends and (non-FOX-News-watching) family this past December:

santa.jpg

As you MIGHT be able to tell, X-Mas... Not my favorite holiday. I did the initial drawing with markers and each body part was seperate on the page. I had color copies made on heavy paper. Then I spent endless hours (about 15 mins per card) constructing them: the arms and legs dangle back and forth AND when you pull his hat he pukes... Happy Holidays!

Here's a pic of this year's xmas card... The idea was to have Santa and Jesus arm wrestling... not sure why exactly, but what are you gonna do.

DSC00469-1.jpg

December's fanart conest was a free-for-all, with the option of doing a xmas themed pic... I'm not the biggest xmas fan (see: previous posts of xmas cards), so I went more 'free for all' with it, doing a pic of Rogue and a Sentinel...

rogue.jpg

This is the result of being f-ing bored around the holidays...
This wasn't for one of the monthly contests... Just completely random.

Venom.jpg

Let me know what you think!

So here's another pic that I did for no reason in particular...
An attempt at Poison Ivy taking down Bats.

I read somewhere that Ivy's design in 'BTAS' was based on those classic pin-up models, so I tried to follow suit and put here in a similar pose.

ivy.jpg

As always, let me know what you think! Thanks!

So I realize this isn't 'fan art' by any stretch, but I've been posting random stuff in this thread already, so having said that...

I make cheesy valentine's day cards for all my friends every year. There's generally a theme, and I try to make them look like the stupid V-day cards you exchange as a little kid.

One year I did 'Arrested Development' V-Day cards....
buster.jpg

Another year I did 'Battlestar' cards...
starbuck.jpg

While this will surely miss with 95% of you out there, this year I'm doing Valentines Day cards based on the TERRIBLY wonderful movie 'Mommie Dearest'. It's kinda a cult classic... especially with the gays, for some reason.

If you have a REALLY sick sense of humor that allows you to laugh a terrible acting (even when the performances are portraying a true story of child abuse) you should probably got rent this train wreck of a film... No seriously... go now.

Having said all of that, here are the series of 'MD' cards I'm sending out...

mommie_3.jpg

mommie_1.jpg

mommie_2.jpg

mommie_5.jpg

mommie_6.jpg

If you haven't seen this movie, you're not gonna come even close to appreciating these cards, but if you're a fan... let me know what you think...

Well, I'm not the biggest Ghost Rider fan (not that I have any feelings on the character... I just have never read a single comic featuring him).

So in my boredom during the extra-long Feb contest, I decided to do some pics of cartoon characters, as to leave fresh options open during months I want to do the contest.

I was trying to think of some kicka$$ 80's cartoon to do something from, but I kept coming back to Ursula from 'The Little Mermaid' because I've always loved that character design more than maybe any other Disney Character design.

I may still do something from ThunderCats or something this month if I find the time, but as it stands, here's my take on a drunken Ursula...

ursala.jpg

I realize this isn't LittleMermaidHype, but let me know what you think, none the less.

So I decided it would be fun to do redesigns of the Thundercats, making them all younger and more modern looking (in dress).

I'm gonna do the heads of all of them, then add the bodies, and finally throw all of them together in a single group image...

I started with their leader... My take on a teen Lion-O:

lion-o_head.jpg

And the full body..

Lion-o.jpg

Here's the second of the the Thundercat heads I'm doing...

This is my take on a young Cheetara...

cheetara_head.jpg

And the body...

As I said before, I'm gonna do them all and in the end do a big group shot, so this is one down I suppose.​

cheetara.jpg

[/CENTER]

So, here's another of the Thundercat heads, Panthro....

panthro_head.jpg

And here's the full body Panthro...​

panthro.jpg

So, again making a bit of progress on my Thundercats group shot....

Here's my Tygra head...

Tygra_Head.jpg

Here's my full body Tygra:​

tygra.jpg

So I a laying to rest this whole Thundercats thing....

Here's My take on Snarf and the final group shot...

Snarf.jpg

Thundercats.jpg

Departing a bit from my more recent stuff...

I had to enter the fanart contest this month (March), as the theme was too good to pass up.

The this is to design a costume for a character from 'Heroes'.

I was torn between doing something with Either Claire or Nikki/Jessica, but in the end, I decided to do Jessica, since healing isn't so easy to capture in a still image.

Here's my take on Jessica (Nikki's in a mirror somewhere):

Jessica.jpg

well, deep_thinkin suggested I do a wolverine pic, and as I've never even doodled him, I thought I'd give it a go...

I realized very quickly his head is a b!tch to draw, but here's the final result...

Wolverine.jpg

So I am <finally> finished with my April entry.

The theme is to recreate a character in a different era, so after many idea about this wonderfully broad theme, I decided to do 'Catwoman BC'...

CatwomanBC.jpg

I was kinda going for less 'Flintstones' and more Jungle Queen from 'The Maxx', a character that I think has a lot of strength and mystery, like Catwoman.

I played around a lot with the color and background on this one so comments on the color (not the shading, but rather the pallette) would be appreciated.

Regardless, let me know what you think!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"