Mattchew's fanart thread 4.0... Nerd Alert!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This image is going to be grand!!! Awesome use of skope and the sheer amount of action going on. Everywhere I look on the image, there's something interesting taking place. Whereas your other pieces were extremely good, this one will be great. This is the kind of piece that could land you a very hefty commission. It not only looks great with awesome composition and your trademark style of rendering, it proves to be an impressive example of the detail and time your willing to put into your work. I can't wait to see the finished product!

The Hawaiian fruit punch guy punching Mr. Peanut in the face. Nice. :up:

You should try damaging Captain Crunch's uniform so we know they are attacking him and not just grabbing on.

This image is going to be grand!!! Awesome use of skope and the sheer amount of action going on. Everywhere I look on the image, there's something interesting taking place. Whereas your other pieces were extremely good, this one will be great. This is the kind of piece that could land you a very hefty commission. It not only looks great with awesome composition and your trademark style of rendering, it proves to be an impressive example of the detail and time your willing to put into your work. I can't wait to see the finished product!

Thanks! It is slowly killing me, but I think I'm closing in on a much welcomed finish.

The Hawaiian fruit punch guy punching Mr. Peanut in the face. Nice. :up:

:D

You should try damaging Captain Crunch's uniform so we know they are attacking him and not just grabbing on.

In general, I completely agree, but I have a plan to not kill myself on details in the background because I'm gonna be adding effects to reinforce the depth that may obscure or blur them.

More done.

This time, Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man, the Jolly Green Giant, and Sprout...

food_32.jpg

34 characters down! ONLY 4 to go!!!

The Final 4:
*Twinkie the Kid
*Sugar Bear
*Mrs. Butterworth
*Colonel Sanders

As always, i'd love to hear thoughts!

Who is Sugar Bear? I'm intrigued to find out.

In general, I completely agree, but I have a plan to not kill myself on details in the background because I'm gonna be adding effects to reinforce the depth that may obscure or blur them.

Oh, okay. Can't wait for the Colonel Sanders one.

Quick update:

Colonel Sanders vs. Mrs. Butterworth:

food_33.jpg

Thoughts? ;)

Quick update:

Colonel Sanders vs. Mrs. Butterworth:

food_33.jpg

Thoughts? ;)

I like it. I might suggest that you play with the syrup color somewhat and try to make the bottle portion look more transparent to show that the insides are being emptied.

mrs-butterworths-maple-syrup-lg.jpg

I can't wait to see this thing finished. It's going to be amazing.

Sanders Wins.

Flawless Victory.

:D

I like it. I might suggest that you play with the syrup color somewhat and try to make the bottle portion look more transparent to show that the insides are being emptied.

I can't wait to see this thing finished. It's going to be amazing.

Thanks for the critique... i tried to emphasize the inside syrup without actually making the bottle transparent because it would be hard to see.

Finally finally done. This was one of my most involved pieces ever... 36 separate characters.

I've been thinking about doing a dense battle scene with non-comic book characters... I decided to go with the theme of 'brand mascots'. In other words, the classic characters that are created for no other reason than to promote a product.

Included characters:

*Kool-Aid Guy.
*Hamburglar from McDonald's.
*Ronald McDonald from McDonald's.
*Wendy from Wendy's.
*Tony the Tiger from Frosted Flakes.
*Mrs. Butterworth.
*Colonel Sanders from KFC.
*Buzz the Bee from Honey Nut Cheerios.
*Cool Spot from 7-Up.
*Sprout from Green Giant.
*Jolly Giant Giant from Green Giant.
*Stay Puft Marshmallow Man from 'Ghostbusters'.
*Birdie from McDonald's.
*Toucan Sam from Fruit Loops.
*A California Raisin.
*The rabbit from Trix.
*Count Chocula from his own cereal.
*Frankenberry from his own cereal.
*Boo Berry from his own cereal.
*Lucky from Lucky Charms
*A few M&M's.
*The Pillsbury Dough Boy.
*Grimace from McDonald's.
*Bob's Big Boy.
*A Fry Guy from McDonald's.
*Chuck E Cheese from the pizza chain.
*The Noid from Domino's pizza.
*The Hawaiian Punch Guy.
*Mr. Peanut from Planters.
*Captain Crunch from his own cereal.
*Snap, Crackle, and Pop from Rice Krispies.

Without further ado...

food_fight.jpg

This was a HUGELY involved piece, so I'd love to hear your thoughts on the final piece.

... and if you want to see a larger version, you can find it below.
food_fight_big.jpg

Matt that really is fantastic. You did a really great job on this one. I would never have the patience for something like this.

Good composition and rendering.

The placement of Mrs. Butterworth, though, having her cropped right at the neck by Hamburglar is a little awkward. I would suggest pulling her and the Colonel out a little more so you can tell she's more than just a head. Add a little of her shoulders in.

The only other thing I would love to see is some added details possible. I know the piece is fairly busy as it is. But I see you've added the Golden arches in the background it's very sublte. I'm wondering if you added some debris from torn packages, or signs if that would add another element to it. It's hard to say it might detract too much but it might also give it an additional level. Something to think about and maybe play with in the future.

Just a couple things to think about, very minor. It's a really good piece and really well rendered. I love how your style has developed since you've been on here.

Matt that really is fantastic. You did a really great job on this one. I would never have the patience for something like this.

Good composition and rendering.

The placement of Mrs. Butterworth, though, having her cropped right at the neck by Hamburglar is a little awkward. I would suggest pulling her and the Colonel out a little more so you can tell she's more than just a head. Add a little of her shoulders in.

The only other thing I would love to see is some added details possible. I know the piece is fairly busy as it is. But I see you've added the Golden arches in the background it's very sublte. I'm wondering if you added some debris from torn packages, or signs if that would add another element to it. It's hard to say it might detract too much but it might also give it an additional level. Something to think about and maybe play with in the future.

Just a couple things to think about, very minor. It's a really good piece and really well rendered. I love how your style has developed since you've been on here.

I tweaked Mrs. B and the Colonel, and I think it looks a bit better. As for debris, I just think it is so busy already I don't know how to add more without making it overkill. I threw in some pebbles here and there, but that's about as much as I could push it.

The pic has been replaced, so you can see these changes now in the orginal post (although you may need to refresh).

Yea that is astounding. You should sell that ****.

Thanks, buddy!

Finally finally done. This was one of my most involved pieces ever... 36 separate characters.

I've been thinking about doing a dense battle scene with non-comic book characters... I decided to go with the theme of 'brand mascots'. In other words, the classic characters that are created for no other reason than to promote a product.

Included characters:

*Kool-Aid Guy.
*Hamburglar from McDonald's.
*Ronald McDonald from McDonald's.
*Wendy from Wendy's.
*Tony the Tiger from Frosted Flakes.
*Mrs. Butterworth.
*Colonel Sanders from KFC.
*Buzz the Bee from Honey Nut Cheerios.
*Cool Spot from 7-Up.
*Sprout from Green Giant.
*Jolly Giant Giant from Green Giant.
*Stay Puft Marshmallow Man from 'Ghostbusters'.
*Birdie from McDonald's.
*Toucan Sam from Fruit Loops.
*A California Raisin.
*The rabbit from Trix.
*Count Chocula from his own cereal.
*Frankenberry from his own cereal.
*Boo Berry from his own cereal.
*Lucky from Lucky Charms
*A few M&M's.
*The Pillsbury Dough Boy.
*Grimace from McDonald's.
*Bob's Big Boy.
*A Fry Guy from McDonald's.
*Chuck E Cheese from the pizza chain.
*The Noid from Domino's pizza.
*The Hawaiian Punch Guy.
*Mr. Peanut from Planters.
*Captain Crunch from his own cereal.
*Snap, Crackle, and Pop from Rice Krispies.

Without further ado...

food_fight.jpg

This was a HUGELY involved piece, so I'd love to hear your thoughts on the final piece.

... and if you want to see a larger version, you can find it below.

food_fight_big.jpg

"FIGHT" hahaha this is a great piece, really funny.:woot:

absolutely awesome dude!!!! whats next??? coughbuckyohare?cough

"FIGHT" hahaha this is a great piece, really funny.:woot:

Thanks, man! It was an ordeal, so that's really nice to hear!

absolutely awesome dude!!!! whats next??? coughbuckyohare?cough

Thanks, buddy. Unfortunately, next in the queue is this year's Christmas card. I'm already a little behind schedule so i need to get a start!

so im brain storming for my x-mas card and im kinda stuck on this idea: "SANTA B.C."

The visuals are kinda irrelevant but I'm just wondering if you read "Santa B.C.", would you pick up on the contradiction of Santa predating Jesus?

I like my cards to be subversive to some degree, but if that idea isn't clear than its just a picture of Santa fighting dinosaurs.

I'm not asking if you think the average person would think about it... just whether you think you might.

when I saw "Santa B.C" I thought of santa/caveman. then I read the rest.:)

The play on 'Santa B.C.' is great, the visual will no doubt be awesome - but I think the concept of the title is strong enough to stay separate! It's immediately obvious what the joke is...

On the other hand, if its not obvious to other people then why are you sending them a card in the first place!? And not b-slapping them for being so dense?

looks great, and i love it.... however i do have one criticism... ms butterworth/aunt jamima... feels like shes missing her lover half.. and like part of her should be sticking out of the other side of hamburglar... and instead.. sorta makes it look like she's got fire blowing out her ass...

thats the only thing that bothers me... everything else is fantastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"