Mattchew's fanart thread 5.0... *****e, refined!

Green_Thumb.jpg
Orange_Thumb.jpg
Green_Thumb.jpg

Orange_Thumb.jpg
Green_Thumb.jpg
Orange_Thumb.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my entry from November 06's dino-themed fan art contest... A raptor as Robin:

raptor_robin.jpg

Here's my entry for the contest to make a splash page... Basically it's an excuse to mock the *****ty 'Catwoman' movie:

mdob_splash.jpg

Here's my entry for the 'X3' themed contest...

phoenixes.jpg

Here's my entry for June's 'Superman' themed contest...

superman.jpg

Here's my entry for July's contest where the idea was to do a take on an iconic moment from a movie or comic...

batcat.jpg

Here's my take on Strom I did for August's free for all contest...
For anyone who watched the 6th or 7th seasons of 'Big Brother' in the States, I kinda had Janelle in mind while doing this one.

storm.jpg

Here's just a random Human Torch pic I did...

torch.jpg

Again, here's a random pic I did of goth Supergirl...

sup_girl.jpg

Here's a pic I did becasue I wanted to do a Nightcrawler pic, but thought it would be funny to do him as a *****ie surfer guy...

nightcrawler.jpg

Well, since you asked... till now I have been posting only stuff related to comics that I've done in Photoshop. Here's a pic of a 'Drunken Santa' card I mass produced (I made around 40) for my friends and (non-FOX-News-watching) family this past December:

santa.jpg

As you MIGHT be able to tell, X-Mas... Not my favorite holiday. I did the initial drawing with markers and each body part was seperate on the page. I had color copies made on heavy paper. Then I spent endless hours (about 15 mins per card) constructing them: the arms and legs dangle back and forth AND when you pull his hat he pukes... Happy Holidays!

Here's a pic of this year's xmas card... The idea was to have Santa and Jesus arm wrestling... not sure why exactly, but what are you gonna do.

DSC00469-1.jpg

This is the flat version of my 2007 x-mas card design... it actually (when constructed) has a pull tab that makes the whole thing move... When I figure out how, I'll post animation of the motion...

x-mas_2007.jpg

So I realize this isn't 'fan art' by any stretch, but I've been posting random stuff in this thread already, so having said that...

I make cheesy valentine's day cards for all my friends every year. There's generally a theme, and I try to make them look like the stupid V-day cards you exchange as a little kid.

One year I did 'Arrested Development' V-Day cards....
buster.jpg

Another year I did 'Battlestar' cards...
starbuck.jpg

While this will surely miss with 95% of you out there, this year I'm doing Valentines Day cards based on the TERRIBLY wonderful movie 'Mommie Dearest'. It's kinda a cult classic... especially with the gays, for some reason.

If you have a REALLY sick sense of humor that allows you to laugh a terrible acting (even when the performances are portraying a true story of child abuse) you should probably got rent this train wreck of a film... No seriously... go now.

Having said all of that, here are the series of 'MD' cards I'm sending out...

mommie_3.jpg

mommie_1.jpg

mommie_2.jpg

mommie_5.jpg

mommie_6.jpg

If you haven't seen this movie, you're not gonna come even close to appreciating these cards, but if you're a fan... let me know what you think...

Really quick/random post...

I like to make my own cards for b-day's and stuff, but I ususally do them by hand. Since I've been messing around in Photoshop so much, thought I'd do it that way this time.

Here's the result...

big_girl.jpg

Can't really explain the motivation, as I just started drawing random stuff and this is what came out onto the page.

No EXACTLY fanart, but I thought I'd post it, so you could all judge me.

This is a design for a birthday card I made for my friend... Not sure WHY Jesus is dunking, but... well...

slamdunkjesus_1.jpg

Here's a card I made for my friend's birthday. It's kinda random... It's a reference to a sketch from HBO's 'Mr Show'.

tofutti_break.jpg

Let me know what you think... Especially if you're a 'Mr Show' fan.

If you're interested, click below to see the sketch this card references. This clip is actually of two sketches. The one my card references is the second one.

Fair warning... 'Mr. Show' might be too intense for some, so if you're easily offended you may want to skip the clip.

[YT]e5i6BHBuqxE[/YT]​

B-Day card I made fora friend based off of 15 seconds of 'Reality Bites, a movie that came out over a decade ago... Yeah.

sugar.jpg

So.... This is fairly specific, and you may not be able to appreciate it.

It's a birthday card for my friend Emilie who is a massive 'Project Runway' fan. It's based off the recent season 4 winner, Christian, who is basically the most ******y person on the face of the earth.

Anyway, I took a bunch of his quotes and used them to form the message of the front of the card... Hence, the annoying/******y tone.

Christian.jpg

Again, if you don't watch 'Project Runway', there's really nothing for you here. As for fans of that show, hope you like it!

btw... here are some clips

So... This is kinda hard to justify other than to say my friends and I joke about 'He-Man humpin' based off this old 'I Love the 80' ep where they edited He-Man cartoon video to make it look like he was... well, humping.

As a result I'm sending one of my friends this b-day card I made.

he-man.jpg

Thoughts? Judgments?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"