Mattchew's fanart thread 5.0... *****e, refined!

December's fanart conest was a free-for-all, with the option of doing a xmas themed pic... I'm not the biggest xmas fan (see: previous posts of xmas cards), so I went more 'free for all' with it, doing a pic of Rogue and a Sentinel...

rogue.jpg

This is the result of being f-ing bored around the holidays...
This wasn't for one of the monthly contests... Just completely random.

Venom.jpg

So here's another pic that I did for no reason in particular...
An attempt at Poison Ivy taking down Bats.

I read somewhere that Ivy's design in 'BTAS' was based on those classic pin-up models, so I tried to follow suit and put here in a similar pose.

ivy.jpg

In my boredom, i thought I try to do a as-close-as-I-could-pull-off on model version of my FAVORITE Disney villain ever... here's my take on a drunken Ursula:

ursala.jpg

So I a laying to rest this whole Thundercats thing....

Thundercats.jpg

Departing a bit from my more recent stuff...

I had to enter the fanart contest this month (March), as the theme was too good to pass up.

The this is to design a costume for a character from 'Heroes'.

I was torn between doing something with Either Claire or Nikki/Jessica, but in the end, I decided to do Jessica, since healing isn't so easy to capture in a still image.

Here's my take on Jessica (Nikki's in a mirror somewhere):

Jessica.jpg

well, deep_thinkin suggested I do a wolverine pic, and as I've never even doodled him, I thought I'd give it a go...

I realized very quickly his head is a ****** to draw, but here's the final result...

Wolverine.jpg

I am <finally> finished with my April entry.

The theme is to recreate a character in a different era, so after many idea about this wonderfully broad theme, I decided to do 'Catwoman BC'...

CatwomanBC.jpg

Here's the final version...

It's supposed to be album art for an 'album' of 'rap music' my little brother is making... don't ask.

Anyway, here's the final version:

album_censored.jpg

click below for the hardcore, downright evil version...

album.jpg

So... done. DOOOONE!
This Juggernaut battle scene was just for fun, but MAN did it take forever...

juggernaut.jpg

My final for the Spidey fanart contest. As I've said in the contest thread, I am WEAK at anything with depth and have never really done cast shadows, so while this is not a strong example of either (particularly depth) I am taking baby steps... (baby steps to the elevator!)

Anyway, here it is...

SpideyGroup.jpg

since I've been messing around on the computer doing cartoon stuff for the past year 2 years or so, I haven't been drawing in a sketch book much anymore, but that used to be what I did a lot...

I thought I'd post some stuff I did a few years back...

Here's weird faces I drew... Not anything great, but I decided to post em because this was my first attempt at trying to be a little more refined while doodling, and the end result of that is the stuff I've been posting in this thread for the past 2 years.

faces.jpg

More to come...

More of my old stuff from my sketch book...

The above post with the four faces was in a more cartoon stlye (that I do my posts here in), but I used to go for more realism when I was drawing and trying to put effort into it.

Here's the first of a few pics I did with pencils. It's based on a picture of Jennifer Connelly that was in EW @ some point...

woman_1.jpg

I had to scan it four times and photoshop it together, so that explains some of the weird 'wavy' coloring on the left side... couldn't ever get it to look better on the comp.

Here's another pic out of my sketch book from a few years back...

It's based on a picture of Estella Warren (the girl from the 'Apes' remake) that was in EW years and years ago.

woman_2.jpg

Again, this is photoshopped together from four scans, so there's some weird wavy lighting thing going on.

One last pic from my sketch book...

This one is based on an American Eagle ad.

a_kiss.jpg

This one was photoshopped together like the others, but for some reason it came out much better.

Just a random post... Meant to be like.... A catwoman fan @ a convention.

I did this a million years back, but I found it in a stack of stuff so I decided to scan it.

cat_fan.jpg

This was done with Crayola colored pencils (eww), and a while back, so I'm not exactly holding this up as an example of great work... but I thought her slight-belly was funny. So I posted it.

Decided to return to my sketch pad. For my first more realistic thing in years, I'm happy enough with it. All the work I've done coloring pics in photoshop made the shading process with a pencil much faster, from what I remember.

lady.jpg

here's an animation of my progress.

lady_1.gif

Let me know what you think.

1st new final, for the new thread!

This is a picture I posted progress pics of in my old thread, but here's the final... Just some random guy from a fashion ad. It's my second attempt at more realistic stuff in a long time. Not thrilled with it, but I'm gonna keep at it.

guy1.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Final on the new sketch of the guy from some random ad...

guy2.jpg

I'm actually pretty happy with this, as it's a LOT more realistic than past stuff I've done, although I realize there is loads of room for improvement.

I'd really like to hear critiques, as I'm really pushing myself it get better in the more realistic style.

New final. Did this very quickly, trying to get detail into a full body picture (in other words, detailing into something smaller on the page).

Not thrilled with it (the face in particular) but what are you gonna do. Maybe better next time... If nothing else, it was just fun to do something a little more dynamic.

dancer.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"