Max: The Artist Formerly Known as HBO Max

You can cast HBOMax from any PC to your Roku & it works!

Last edited:
Kinda weird to see a lot of Disney and Fox content

Comcast is but they also endorse punching babies too I think.

So the new Looney Tunes cartoon won’t let Elmer Fudd use guns because of mass shootings. Instead he’ll be getting a grim makeover - they’re going to give him a reaper like scythe instead.

...which literally makes no sense because tons of live-action shows and movies, as well as some kiddie animated cartoons show guns. Kids aren’t as sensitive to this type of stuff as some soccer moms like to believe. Even family friendly animated movies like both of the Incredibles movies show weapons. This is absurd.

Last edited:
Who hunts rabbits with a scythe? It makes Elmer sound a little psycho.

I don't know, he is very quiet when hunting wabbits. Seems reasonable to me.

A bunch of Godzilla films but where's King Kong? I mean they have the original but no 70's, 2005 or Skull Island!?

When art "does more" against gun violence than our actual government... it makes zero sense. Ban/restrict guns in real life, don't ban guns in movies and cartoons.

Shut down all cop movies and TV shows as well, according to USA Today and Washington Post.

That will just destroy about 60 percent of fiction.

No more Brooklyn Nine-Nine!?

What scary entertainment future is this?

No Brooklyn 99 because it's problematic.

One that doesn't glamorize "good" police and show police departments as being more efficient they are than reality.

A bunch of Godzilla films but where's King Kong? I mean they have the original but no 70's, 2005 or Skull Island!?

I assume they have the Showa films because Criterion has the rights to those for now. Kong isn't WB, and I can easily imagine that Skull Island is a mess rights wise.

I assume they have the Showa films because Criterion has the rights to those for now. Kong isn't WB, and I can easily imagine that Skull Island is a mess rights wise.

The old kong films are owned by TCM which is now part of Warner Media. Skull Island was distributed by WB , which is why it's part of the shared universe with Godzilla right now

The old kong films are owned by TCM which is now part of Warner Media. Skull Island was distributed by WB , which is why it's part of the shared universe with Godzilla right now

As for the 2005 Kong, that one was Universal so the most likely streaming platform it would be on anytime soon is Peacock.

The phone app sucks, same with the old HBO Now app. The Xbox app works like a breeze

The phone app sucks, same with the old HBO Now app. The Xbox app works like a breeze
I really wish they had revamped the UI for this rollout, because HBO Now's has always sucked. This is just the same as that one, with the "brand hub" pasted at the bottom like an afterthought.

I really wish they had revamped the UI for this rollout, because HBO Now's has always sucked. This is just the same as that one, with the "brand hub" pasted at the bottom like an afterthought.
Yeah it's bad. No "next episode" button, no "skip intro" just clunky. A lot of people complain about Hulu's UI, but I think that's probably my favorite one other than Netflix

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"