Max: The Artist Formerly Known as HBO Max

With the increased attention towards streaming it is an issue. If they don't want to show it, release it into the public domain. Simple as that. If these companies want to try and hide from their own past then they should forfeit the rights to the work if it bothers them so much. Frankly, the copyright system itself is broken beyond belief anyway, so given the ease of which work can be altered or deleted serious consideration should be given to establishing a rule whereby forfeiture of the work comes into play if nothing is done with it. Don't want your company associated with the work anymore? Fine, then put it into the public domain and wash your hands of it for good.
I am not pro making these films disappear, but this make little sense. You can't tell people what to do with the art they own.

So when are we meeting up for the burnings? I've got my blu-ray collection, laptop, phone and playstation to add to the pile. After all, gotta make sure you get those digital copies and can't use google.

I think they're shuffling so you keep subscribed to the service, not give it to you all at once.

I think they're shuffling so you keep subscribed to the service, not give it to you all at once.
I don't think so. I think this might be a pre-existing contract issue. There were times where the Harry Potter movies would be on HBO for a couple of months, only to cycle back on to the Family Channel and stuff like that. That might be the issue here.

Why was Gone With The Wind pulled? I have never seen the movie and I'm curious what is wrong about it.

So when are we meeting up for the burnings? I've got my blu-ray collection, laptop, phone and playstation to add to the pile. After all, gotta make sure you get those digital copies and can't use google.

You don’t have Betamax and VHS tapes? :o

On second thought, I don’t want to rewatch GWTW anymore. I’ll just rewatch Equilibrium instead. It’s got the banning of feelings, Gunkata, the burning of the Mona Lisa, Sean Bean dying, Christian Bale crying after hearing music for the first time and.. puppies!

fc0b7d472b988167f3c2a90d1db186959f0a9e09.gifv

You don’t have Betamax and VHS tapes? :o

On second thought, I don’t want to rewatch GWTW anymore. I’ll just rewatch Equilibrium instead. It’s got the banning of feelings, Gunkata, the burning of the Mona Lisa, Sean Bean dying, Christian Bale crying after hearing music for the first time and.. puppies!

fc0b7d472b988167f3c2a90d1db186959f0a9e09.gifv
Yeah but those stopped working all on their own. :o

This is the only time I've ever been interested in watching Equilibrium.

I am so curious. What do you know about Gone with the Wind? Like what do you think it is about, when do you think it is set?
Giant tornados?

HBO Max is such a clear rush job. Disney at least seemed to have plan. They studied, and made some good decisions a couple years out. Warner feels like they decided to start cramming the night before the exam.

I still haven’t figured out how to play HBO Max on my TV. Since they already have a deal, I don’t understand why Xfinity still haven’t added the HBO Max app to their Apps page.

What? :( I thought DC films would be there to stay on the app. All films that WB had right to even. Is that not how it works?
Great if anyone can help on this. I‘m not sure I would get it if they don’t keep at least their own films on there permanently.

Great if anyone can help on this. I‘m not sure I would get it if they don’t keep at least their own films on there permanently.

They still have license agreements in place for those movies so they’re going to come and go. The app in general has been pretty disappointing.

They still have license agreements in place for those movies so they’re going to come and go. The app in general has been pretty disappointing.
Thanks. So long term at least (when current agreements have expired) things should all return for good I guess?

Did people only get it to watch DC films?
Because there's plenty of content to enjoy that I don't see how it's a disappointment really. All of the HBO content alone (similar to what was already being done with HBO Max) is worth the money to me

Thanks. So long term at least (when current agreements have expired) things should all return for good I guess?

I think that’s the plan but who knows how long the current agreements are for. At least Disney was transparent and gave a date when the movies would arrive

Did people only get it to watch DC films?
Because there's plenty of content to enjoy that I don't see how it's a disappointment really. All of the HBO content alone (similar to what was already being done with HBO Max) is worth the money to me

I’ve been watching it mainly for the TCM, Ghibli, and Anime content. I already have HBO prior to this but there are still a lot of HBO series’ that I still have to see/finish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"