• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Max: The Artist Formerly Known as HBO Max

Did people only get it to watch DC films?
Because there's plenty of content to enjoy that I don't see how it's a disappointment really. All of the HBO content alone (similar to what was already being done with HBO Max) is worth the money to me
For me I already own most films I want to see repeatedly. I just want between all my streaming and cable apps combined to be able to have all my favourites digitally as well wherever I go. I’ve got more than enough watch-once kind of films and shows available already, more than I’ll ever watch.

Did people only get it to watch DC films?
Because there's plenty of content to enjoy that I don't see how it's a disappointment really. All of the HBO content alone (similar to what was already being done with HBO Max) is worth the money to me

I got it to primarily watch the DC movies since I don’t actually own any of them. They said it would be the home to all the Batman and Superman movies so I was really disappointed when they didn’t have it on launch day. The promos made it seem it would be there day 1 but they never corrected it.

I got it to primarily watch the DC movies since I don’t actually own any of them. They said it would be the home to all the Batman and Superman movies so I was really disappointed when they didn’t have it on launch day. The promos made it seem it would be there day 1 but they never corrected it.
I kind of like having even the likes of Fant4stic or Catwoman available as part of comic film history. I would feel dirty actually buying them but I like having the whole of comic film history at my fingertips whenever I want. Would love to have the same for fantasy and sci-fi too, along with many action franchises.

I’ve been watching it mainly for the TCM, Ghibli, and Anime content. I already have HBO prior to this but there are still a lot of HBO series’ that I still have to see/finish.
See that's what I'm saying for me personally.

I don't think I'd ever get a streaming service for 1 film/show or one universe or type of thing.

I don't think I'd ever get a streaming service for 1 film/show or one universe or type of thing.
I guess the thinking is that one favourite could be like the straw that breaks the camel’s back and pushes someone on the fence to finally subscribe supported by all the other existing content.

For me I already own most films I want to see repeatedly. I just want between all my streaming and cable apps combined to be able to have all my favourites digitally as well wherever I go. I’ve got more than enough watch-once kind of films and shows available already, more than I’ll ever watch.
I guess it depends on how you view them, but spending $14.99 a month just to watch a bunch movies that I might only watch once seems superfluous to me. that I'd rather just rent them. Digital movie rentals are like what $5 usually. Can be downloaded and viewed on phone or tablet? Yeah I'd rather do that. I don't think I watch more than $15 worth of movies a month that I probably won't watch more than once. But that's me

Agreed. I just don’t care for anime or ghibli or whatever it is. Honestly I did have HBO Now and was going to cancel since I hardly watch but kept it for HBO Max thinking I would have the DC library of movies. Plus, I was getting it at the discount price of $12/month instead of $15. But I don’t think it’s worth it anymore. Besides, I watch my stuff using the fire stick and it’s not even on there.

Man maybe I should sell my dvd copy on eBay?

I guess it depends on how you view them, but spending $14.99 a month just to watch a bunch movies that I might only watch once seems superfluous to me. that I'd rather just rent them. Digital movie rentals are like what $5 usually. Can be downloaded and viewed on phone or tablet? Yeah I'd rather do that. I don't think I watch more than $15 worth of movies a month that I probably won't watch more than once. But that's me
Is it that much? For some reason I assumed it was cheaper. Disney + is £50 a year here. If it had enough series that I will watch all the time like LotR, Harry Potter etc as well as all the DC films and shows I’d be willing to pay to keep it permanently, but due to how many subs I’ve already got I’d be more price sensitive as we’re talking luxury at this point. If they had been earlier out of the gate I would have been less so.

Amazon Prime I’ll always keep due to other benefits you get outside of streaming and I’d find it hard to give up Netflix. Disney + is great value for me so I’ll have to give this a proper check for value. If I end up cancelling my very expensive cable (which I’m always in 2 minds about) then that would change everything and I’d be more interested in content than price.

WHy only 3?
That’s a common streaming tactic. Hulu and Apple+ also do it. Drop a few episodes as a “premiere” to get people hooked, then release episodes weekly after that. DCU only did one episode a week, so I’ll take a 3-episode premiere where I can get it, lol.

Oh I thought it they had only shot 3 before quarantine and then decided to only release 3 eps
Oh no. At least I hope not, lol. But no I heard they finished the season before the shutdown, so all should be well.

Urge not to watch failing...

3 episodes on June 25!?

hEB6khC.gif

Its a movie for god sakes. Should we remove Django unchained or Schindler's list or countless other movies depicting racism to some degree? movies tell a story for a few hours to inform, entertain etc and thats it then you move on with your life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"