Max: The Artist Formerly Known as HBO Max

Seems like a pretty strong offering of content to me.

But that's not even remotely the same thing as Disney Plus because on Disney Plus they are putting out TV shows that directly tie into the MCU...now is Warner Brothers gonna do that with HBO Max and have DCEU TV shows that directly correlate with the DCEU timeline?
Is the DCEU even still alive to have shows correlated with?

MGM, TCM & Criterion back catalogues are included

HBO Max Launch Date, Pricing & Design Details Revealed

Newly Acquired and Library Titles:
  • In addition to the new original titles mentioned above, HBO Max also announced today a number of classic and library titles that will be coming to the streamer in its first year of launch, including: South Park, Rick & Morty, The O.C., Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Robot Chicken, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, The Bachelor, Impractical Jokers, The Closer, Rizzolli and Isles, Major Crimes, The Alienist, The West Wing, United Shades of America with Kamau Bell, This is Life with Lisa Ling, and Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown.
  • In addition, a collection of classics from the libraries of Looney Tunes, Merrie Melodies and Hannah Barbara will be available at launch.

HBO Max is slightly more than what my cable company already charges for an HBO add-on so it seems like a decent deal.

I don’t like how they are splitting DC content between HBOMax and DCU. It doesn’t make sense to me that they will put all DC movies from the last 40 years on this new service but not the one dedicated to DC? I hope they make it in a way that if you subscribe to HBOMax, you’ll get DCU for free.

I thought DCU was being phased out?

Nice to have Crunchyroll in there.

Is all of Adult Swim going to be there? Including Morel Orel?

I imagine DC Universe will become comics only or they'll share content between each platform. WarnerMedia also has the Boomerang streaming service which has the animation back catalogue and originals.

I must have missed seeing Crunchyroll being part of this. That's a nice selling point too, I use them to watch Attack on Titan.

So this and Disney+/Hulu bundle sounds pretty good right now.

Do they really need a separate film production arm just for a streaming service?

Meh...

Let's focus on saving theatrical from its slow and painful death.

They should out more thought on how to get more people out of the house and into theaters rather than how to make 'em stay at home and stream.

I don't think all this is going to end well. Especially for cinema lovers.

Do they really need a separate film production arm just for a streaming service?
Pretty significant statement to Netflix with them committing to 8-10 movies a year for the service.Legacy media isn't going anywhere.

Meh...

Let's focus on saving theatrical from its slow and painful death.

They should out more thought on how to get more people out of the house and into theaters rather than how to make 'em stay at home and stream.

I don't think all this is going to end well. Especially for cinema lovers.
There's nothing studios can do about that at this point other than significantly lower the ticket prices. And even that isn't a guarantee to help

That would be a start. And there's always something you can do.

If you want to.

That would be a start. And there's always something you can do.

If you want to.
Theaters aren't going to lower prices. Especially significantly. That just not going to happen.
And even then that's not a guarantee.'

There's nothing that can really be done about theaters especially when a fair amount of audience members don't care about "the big screen" and watch their movies on 30" monitors, laptops, and even phones at home. And a lot of people enjoy the convenience of just watching something at home instead of trekking to a theater, paying for themselves or their whole family, maybe getting snacks, and maybe parking

This makes sense, as HBO Max is severely lacking New content to draw in viewers, especially considering the programs that it's competition (Disney+) is offering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"