MCU Fantastic Four Box Office Predictions

Discussion in 'Fantastic Four' started by Stark Bauer, Jan 10, 2022.

1. Stark Bauer Mr. Feige- cast me as MCU Darkhawk

[​IMG]
    Spider-Man No Way Home just surpassed Titanic at the box office, and slid into 6th all time just behind Black Panther and INFINTY WAR (WOW!).

How much money do you think MCU FF will make?

I predict it will make at least more than Iron Man 2 which made $310 million.

It may not make as much as the first Avengers' $623 million, since that movie was built up over 4-5 years. Hopefully it can get as close as possible to half a billion domestic. Worldwide it could make over a billion.

I am not going to compare MCU FF to the previous FF entries. I believe it will perform similar to The Incredibles' $261 million domestic total.

This is an important topic because depending on what the BO results are, we may or may not be getting a sequel or even a trilogy.

#1 Stark Bauer, Jan 10, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
  2. Fluedd Registered

I was thinking about this the other day. My thoughts at the time were that they were probably going to fall on the low side of Marvel movies, because of what has gone before. You know, "Screw me once, shame on you". What about "Screw me three times"? People might not have a positive view of the FF because of the prior movies.

They need a great trailer, and need to give a vibe that makes them seem cool, and they need a good story with great word of mouth.

I hadn't realized No Way Home was doing so well. I'm surprised a CoVid-era movie could bring in that kind of box office. Good for them.

Stark Bauer likes this.
  3. Stark Bauer Mr. Feige- cast me as MCU Darkhawk

my thoughts exactly. a great trailer could be what we need. look at what happened after the star wars mishaps. all it took was baby yoda to turn the fans back

4. Fluedd Registered

Somehow I don't think H.E.R.B.I.E. would do the same trick.

Stark Bauer likes this.
  5. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

I think its a given, worldwide, it's going to be the highest Fantastic Four film ever. I also just want to see it open at #1, especially after Fant4stic only peaked at #2. While I wasn't really following boX office numbers when the 2000s movies were released. So seeing the boX office results of this would be fantastic. Thinking about it, its almost 7 years since Fant4stic was released.... damn such a long time.

Stark Bauer likes this.
  6. Fluedd Registered

The FF movie will probably open big, and then fall off quickly, like most Marvel movies. I just hope it doesn't have too big a falloff, like setting a record or something, because that would be disheartening. Ideally, it would have legs, but I don't want to be unrealistic.

Stark Bauer likes this.
  7. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

The drops would still depend on the competition. May to July, big drops are eXpected, but months like February to April and October, some movies aren't too frontloaded and they get smaller a 2nd weekend drop.

Stark Bauer likes this.
  8. Johnny Richards Registered

I predict opening weekend will be $444.4 Million

Stark Bauer likes this.
  9. Stark Bauer Mr. Feige- cast me as MCU Darkhawk

Realistically, depending on the hype and trailers and buildup, I will say it will make at least $250 million opening weekend domestically. By the end of its run most likely over 400 million - maybe even 444 million.

If they market it towards the same audience as Spider Man (why not have Peter and or SPider Man make a cameo as Johnny's friend), it might make more than expected.

10. Fluedd Registered

To be fair, the way things are going, that could be about twenty bucks in today's dollars.

Stark Bauer likes this.
  11. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

$250 million for the opening weekend in North America alone doesn't seem realistic. Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness didn't even open that big.

70 million or above would be fant4stic. Even if this is Marvel Studios, we have to remember that this is the 2nd reboot and the fourth Fantastic Four film in theaters. The Fantastic Four (as of rn) won't have supporting roles in the upcoming 2022/23 MCU movies to get that so much boost for their film.
    None of the Fantastic Four films have even grossed $200 million in the past, and the last one completely flopped.

12. Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

I think a big variable will be how they set it up.

If they introduce characters in prior films, that could help them hit the ground running.

13. Stark Bauer Mr. Feige- cast me as MCU Darkhawk

you are right 250 is too much i meant to say north of 150 million OW

14. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

I think that's still too high especially given the Fantastic Four's history at the boX office.

A number that high is possible if the first family have already appeared in several mcu films in supporting roles, especially in an Avenger movie.

At best, they would have a cameo in Wakanda Forever, Love and Thunder, Quantumania, Vol. 3, The Marvels and the untitled 2023 movie but its unlikely they or one of them cameos in half of those movies. And I'm assuming its the first 2024 mcu movie and Blade is the final 2023 movie.

I think $70 million to $90 million is possible just like the first film of Gotg, Dr. Strange and Eternals.

15. Stark Bauer Mr. Feige- cast me as MCU Darkhawk

i think you are severely underestimating Feige and the appeal of the Four. I think we will see similar (total gross) numbers to the GotG franchise - possibly as high as the Avengers - especially if it is FAMILY FRIENDLY and plays to audiences as a live action version Incredibles. time will tell.

Fluedd likes this.
  16. Fluedd Registered

I hope you're right, I'd love to see a Fantastic Four movie making some waves.

This is getting a little off topic, but with a lot of these Marvel movies, they stick another MCU character or several into the movie, which can help give it a little boost. Like maybe you won't come to see Captain America, but maybe you'll come to see all the other Avengers we've put into Civil War. Do you see them putting another hero or heroes into the FF movie, and if so which ones? Some have mentioned Spider-Man, but others have said they won't waste a Tom Holland appearance on the FF.

17. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

Namor, Black Panther, Hawkeye, She-Hulk or Hulk?

The thing is we don't have rumours of the F4 popping up in the upcoming 2023/2024 movies - to give them that eXtra eXposure / boost similar to Spider-Man / Black Panther in Civil War before their own movie comes out. Because if they have or one of them has a supporting role, we would have known it already. Everything is done filming eXcept for the November 2023 Marvel film which could still be F4.

Maybe an Avenger would be part of the F4's film? But do we want a Tony Stark-esque role just to boost its boX office potential? And for their first mcu film?

So I think an opening weekend gross similar to the first movie of Thor, Eternals, Gotg, Shang-Chi, Dr. Strange and Black Widow is possible. But more than $100 million? I can't say that until I see the marketing, reviews and trailers.

Stark Bauer likes this.
  18. Stark Bauer Mr. Feige- cast me as MCU Darkhawk

I dont think its OT.

Besides Spidey, I can see them inserting a Hulk cameo so he can face off with Thing.
    Possibly Hank Pym because he could be a science bro with Reed (as well as Bruce).
    Black Panther (although I am not sure if that will be T'Challa or Shuri).
    I can imagine the Celestials making a cameo, as well as the Watchers.
    We should see a lot more cosmic entities like that.
    Obviously Silver Surfer and all his rogues gallery.

Fluedd likes this.
  19. Stark Bauer Mr. Feige- cast me as MCU Darkhawk

It is hit or miss. Feige has done a good job and keeping some things secret such as Madame Hydra, Kingpin in hawkeye, even Matt Murdock in NWH.
    Although the
    Krasinksi leak was kinda iffy, that was mixed up with various wild rumors including Wolverine and Tom Cruise as Iron Man appearing, which we know did not happen.
    I would not say we would know it already. Disney is becoming more secretive since the baby Yoda secret as well as Luke Skywalker. We dont know until the Fantastic Four appear in another MCU movie.

20. Fluedd Registered

Oh man, I want a Hulk vs. Thing MCU battle so bad I can taste it. Even though Thing always gets his arse beat.
    I could see Hank Pym, especially if there is an FF connection to Quantumania.
    Black Panther, the Watchers, Silver Surfer, and Warlock have comic book ties to the FF.
    I would love to see Agatha Harkness babysitting for the FF, once/if the kids are around. How cool would that be?

21. Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

An X factor in this may be the Fox movies.

We typically dismiss them as junk, but they did reasonably well at the box office and got a lot of play on Network TV, and now they’re on Disney +.

If you think about someone, for example, who was born in 1998, they were 7 years old in 2005, and that film may have seemed cool to a 7 year old and he/she might have had some Thing hands etc.

So that person would be in their mid 20’s now and might be nostalgically looking forward to a new FF film.

Combined with old people like me who grew up reading the comic books, there could be a lot of broad, general interest in a new FF film.

Certainly more so than with things like Shang Chi or Eternals.

Stark Bauer likes this.
  22. Stark Bauer Mr. Feige- cast me as MCU Darkhawk

A lot of us forget just how popular the 4 were. They were clearly near the top with Spidey, X-Men, Hulk...they will rise again in the pantheon of Marvel characters. And rightfully so.

Iceman and Willie Lumpkin like this.
  23. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I’d want F4 to eventually be the biggest MCU franchise outside of Avengers and X-Men.

Stark Bauer likes this.
  24. Stark Bauer Mr. Feige- cast me as MCU Darkhawk

^ truth be told, they have the potential to bigger than both. If executed right, it can be as big as Disney's The Incredibles franchise.