Apocalypse X-Men: Apocalypse Box Office Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think XMen ensemble films and Wolverine films are different I personally feel more people will go out to see ensemble films than a Wolverine solo, I haven't even seen the latest The Wolverine movie or even the Orgins film. So of course he won't sell like an XMen ensemble film but he still does right on his own, just expecting the same numbers from the two films I just don't see it happening.

Like I said, prequels or spin-offs tend to gross lower at the box-office, there's so many examples to this. Even if X3 was great as X2. The box-office decline would have still happened with Origins and First Class.

Like I said, prequels or spin-offs tend to gross lower at the box-office, there's so many examples to this. Even if X3 was great as X2. The box-office decline would have still happened with Origins and First Class.

(Looks at Deadpool)

Sure.

Agreed. I'm not sure the Wolverine franchise will ever fully recover from what it could have been, especially with only one film left. X-Men Origins was pretty awful. Stranger things have happened, though. I never thought we would be sitting here with Deadpool ranked as one of the highest grossing superhero films ever, let alone highest grossing X-Men film.

Yeah, the next Wolverine has some benefits and changes that might switch things up though. The franchise as a whole has been very strong right now, it's allegedly his last film and the talk of the R rating.

I think XMen ensemble films and Wolverine films are different I personally feel more people will go out to see ensemble films than a Wolverine solo, I haven't even seen the latest The Wolverine movie or even the Orgins film. So of course he won't sell like an XMen ensemble film but he still does right on his own, just expecting the same numbers from the two films I just don't see it happening.

Origin numbers were pretty high even with the leak and terrible wom. If X3 was in stronger reception as was Origins he would have hit pretty close to at least X2 numbers. I think it could have played much like IM3 was to Avengers. But this is all what if's...

So if X3/Origins were as good as X2, First Class would have grossed higher than those two? :O

(Looks at Deadpool)

Sure.

I didn't say all of them, but yeah most spin-offs and prequels TEND to gross lower than the last one. Looks at X-Men Origins: Wolverine, X-Men: First Class and The Wolverine.:sh:

Last edited:
Yeah, the next Wolverine has some benefits and changes that might switch things up though. The franchise as a whole has been very strong right now, it's allegedly his last film and the talk of the R rating.

Origin numbers were pretty high even with the leak and terrible wom. If X3 was in stronger reception as was Origins he would have hit pretty close to at least X2 numbers. I think it could have played much like IM3 was to Avengers. But this is all what if's...

I think X3 was probably about as well received as Iron Man 2. But just looking at Origins, it dropped like a stone. A better received X3 only would've meant a stronger opening.

I understand that especially with X3 and Orgins both selling well off the back two great XMen films prior. I just think ensemble pieces are more appealing especially when you have favorites part of the team (Jean,Scott,Ororo). Before DOFP X3 was the last movie I saw in theaters. I didn't see FC until later though it was a really good movie I wasn't interested in the characters. I just think a lot goes along with certain films possibly doing well. I'm not sure about Wolverine selling Iron Man numbers though but it's possible I'm just not a fan lol. Orgins was a really bad film to be heard

I didn't really mean actual Iron Man numbers. Just that it might have had the same kind of result in close numbers between a team film and solo. I agree the team movies should have a stronger appeal. But since nobody else since FC was ever looked at as lead its tough to tell the appeal back then.

I'm very curious for next year's Wolverine and Apocalypse numbers. Like I said on the previous page the X-Men franchise is just in the best spot it really could be. People are excited and loving the films.

I think X3 was probably about as well received as Iron Man 2. But just looking at Origins, it dropped like a stone. A better received X3 only would've meant a stronger opening.

True.

The Last Stand tanked pretty hard, too, with it being beaten by The Break-Up the following weekend. Those were not good times.

You have no basis for that

Thank you for replying once again to one of my posts

Shrek Forever After: $238,736,787
Puss in Boots: $149,260,504

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King: $377,027,325
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey: $303,003,568

Despicable Me 2: $368,061,265
Minions: $336,045,770

The Mummy Returns: $202,019,785
The Scorpion King: $91,047,077

X-Men: The Last Stand: $234,362,462
X-Men Origins Wolverine: $179,883,157
X-Men First Class: $146,408,305
The Wolverine: $132,556,852

Looks like I got basis:db: Yes I have

Feel free to visit boxofficemojo.com if you want to double check those numbers;nd

I didn't really mean actual Iron Man numbers. Just that it might have had the same kind of result in close numbers between a team film and solo. I agree the team movies should have a stronger appeal. But since nobody else since FC was ever looked at as lead its tough to tell the appeal back then.

I'm very curious for next year's Wolverine and Apocalypse numbers. Like I said on the previous page the X-Men franchise is just in the best spot it really could be. People are excited and loving the films.

True.

Ok I see what you mean now with the Iron Man numbers thing, that puts things in perspective. I agree XMen is on a really high note now so as you are in curious to see Apocalypse and Old Man Logan numbers, like the franchise is really on the upswing now.

I was chatting to a friend earlier today and he said he didn't like First Class at all because it did not have the familiar characters he expected to see in the 'first class' and he didn't care about the ones they did use. Also he didn't like Magneto suddenly having an Irish accent.

For him, the previous film (Origins, released two years before) had nothing to do with what he liked/disliked in First Class. He just felt First Class was not appealing enough as a movie.

I was chatting to a friend earlier today and he said he didn't like First Class at all because it did not have the familiar characters he expected to see in the 'first class' and he didn't care about the ones they did use. Also he didn't like Magneto suddenly having an Irish accent.

For him, the previous film (Origins, released two years before) had nothing to do with what he liked/disliked in First Class. He just felt First Class was not appealing enough as a movie.

I heard the same thing. Like at least two people had said to me, that it was a good movie but it didn't really connect to them compare to the previous ones like X2.

I have a friend who only likes FC, and a few friends who like poorly regarded films like Origins and Green Lantern. My younger family members want to see Mysitque and Quicksilver, no interest in Cyclops and Jean. Which kind of angers me, but they don't read comics and grew up with these X-Men films so makes sense. Hopefully that will change after this film.

Always exceptions, and preferences.

Before DOFP X3 was the last movie I saw in theaters. I didn't see FC until later though it was a really good movie I wasn't interested in the characters.

You probably would have seen the film if it was like X4 or featured the same roster as X3? Well anyway, you did watch DOFP so thats good. :gngl:

Thank you for replying once again to one of my posts

You are Welcome, I didn't realise you appreciated it that much, i'l have to do it more :)

Shrek Forever After: $238,736,787
Puss in Boots: $149,260,504

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King: $377,027,325
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey: $303,003,568

Despicable Me 2: $368,061,265
Minions: $336,045,770

The Mummy Returns: $202,019,785
The Scorpion King: $91,047,077

X-Men: The Last Stand: $234,362,462
X-Men Origins Wolverine: $179,883,157
X-Men First Class: $146,408,305
The Wolverine: $132,556,852

Looks like I got basis:db: Yes I have

Feel free to visit boxofficemojo.com if you want to double check those numbers;nd

Well what do ya know

Last edited:
Your Welcome, I didn't realise you appreciated it that much, i'l have to do it more :)

Well what do ya know

Because clearly I haven't said enough to you to stop responding to my posts because you aren't getting to my nerves enough with your small jabs.

Because clearly I haven't said enough to you to stop responding to my posts because you aren't getting to my nerves enough with your small jabs.

Hey what you don't read someone else always will and if you are gonna say what i would consider quite questionable things (to put it nicely) then i wouldn't feels the need to reply at all

Ok I see what you mean now with the Iron Man numbers thing, that puts things in perspective. I agree XMen is on a really high note now so as you are in curious to see Apocalypse and Old Man Logan numbers, like the franchise is really on the upswing now.

I'm more curious to the box-office performance of Gambit! Hopefully that will feature Rogue to get people more excited about the film especially if they aren't excited yet! :ilv:

I'm more curious to the box-office performance of Gambit! Hopefully that will feature Rogue to get people more excited about the film especially if they aren't excited yet! :ilv:
Im actually curious about the Gambit film as well because I've literally heard next to nothing about the film I know that it got pushed back. Honestly I'm a little concerned about that movie but I'll wait until I get more info on it. I don't think Rogue will feature last I heard I thought it was a lady named Bella Donna that would be his love interest.
You probably would have seen the film if it was like X4 or featured the same roster as X3? Well anyway, you did watch DOFP so thats good. :gngl:

If it was X4 I would have indeed saw it, Storm likely would have been in it her and Nightcrawler being my faves I would've been there. I did like FC I just didn't care for the characters though I did like Banshee he was pretty cool. That's why I'm excited for Apocalypse because I get my two favs back again.

That would've been a better choice imo, but at least we have something going with Apocalypse.

If there was an X4 back in 2009, who knows if we would have already seen Gambit or Emma Frost interacting or joining the group instead being introduced and wasted in a spin-off film. God whoever thought it was a great idea to make spin-offs after X3... but thats all in the past now, anyway, at least the X-Men film series is still alive and thriving at the box-office. :gngl:

Yes still thriving and doing better than ever I'm happy about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"