Old MCU Fantastic Four Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chalamet works better for Harry Osborn

He seems like he would be a complete nerdy portrayal. Ioan Gruffudd was sometimes criticised for making the character too like that. Smith would be an even more extreme version of that.

I want the right balance between a man of action/ adventurer like Doc Savage/Indiana Jones, and a scientist. Smith doesn't seem like he could portray the Indiana Jones type of adventurer convincingly.

I'd prefer someone like John Krasinksi to Matt Smith.

Yeah agreed. Krasinski feels like a much better fit.

Oscar Isaac would also be a good choice for Reed Richards. He has the manly leadership qualities while also conveying that aura of intelligence.

I still like Patrick Wilson for the role.

Patrick Wilson was my ideal choice actually(he was originally cast in Ant-Man prior to leaving after Wright's departure) but he'd be too old by the time Marvel(if they ever) gets access to the Four. He's in his mid-forties now and I want a younger actor(early to late-thirties) to get cast for the sake of longevity.

But Patrick is busy playing Ocean Master and The President of the United States in DC movie!

Whaaa!

I definitely want doom to be a bit older. Late thirties, early forties. He’s a guy who’s loved and come out of it meaner. He should have a mikkelsen look, kind of sharp nobles features with a feral look in his eyes.

I still like KJ Apa for Johnny

Jake Gyllenhaal as Reed Richards/Mister Fantastic
DWvtCAHWkAE81fm.jpg

Oscar Isaac as Victor Von Doom/Doctor Doom
ccc2488f98ab436ccf8424e814052745--oscar-isaac-poe.jpg

Last edited:
Jake Gyllenhaal as Reed Richards/Mister Fantastic
DWvtCAHWkAE81fm.jpg

Oscar Isaac as Victor Von Doom/Doctor Doom
ccc2488f98ab436ccf8424e814052745--oscar-isaac-poe.jpg

Now that I think about it I can see Oscar as Reed Richards or I could even see him as Victor. Jake Gyllenhaal is my 2nd pick for the role of Reed and here is hoping Marvel gets him before DC even gets the chance to snag him up for Batman.

I don’t really see Gyllenhaal working for Reed. It doesn’t feel like a good fit. He’s a great actor though. I think his talents would be better suited to Batman or a villain.

Also Isaac for Doom? Not seeing it. He had a chance at a major Marvel villain already and his performance was good not great. I can see him as Reed but Krasinski is still the best choice

Which is why I said Krasinski is my 1st pick for Reed assuming Marvel reaches out to him but who do you have as the Storm siblings? Who do you have playing Sue and Johnny? Who could pass for being brother and sister?

Which is why I said Krasinski is my 1st pick for Reed assuming Marvel reaches out to him but who do you have as the Storm siblings? Who do you have playing Sue and Johnny? Who could pass for being brother and sister?

Camilla Belle and Joe Jonas. :o

But they'd be much better suited for Aurora and Northstar for Alpha Flight.

I like Chalamet for Osborn but maybe

Sue Storm - Alexandra Daddario
Johnny Storm - Timothée Chalamet

I think they would be believable as brother and sister.

Daddario would be pretty bad.

As for who would be believable as brother and sister

Sue Storm- Blake Lively
Johnny Storm- Colin Ford

How about nah. No offense I like the rock but eh not for the thing lol.

Evan Rachel Wood for Sue is growing on me

evan-rachel-wood-s2790x2790-453687.jpg

She has the look, is the right age, and is a great actress. The only problem I see is whether she would be interested.

[YT]SZhvaEFaUAc[/YT]

Last edited:
Dacre Montgomery could work for Johnny if he brings the cockiness he did in Stranger Things, but this time being likable too.

And I could believe him and Evan Rachel Wood were siblings.

I just don’t see Montgomery as Johnny(actually think his Stranger Things co-star Joe Kerry is a better fit). He’s got the cockiness down but he seems more of a better fit for someone like Flash Thompson, or a villain.

But I can definitely see Wood as Sue. She’s a good pick.

I just don’t see Montgomery as Johnny(actually think his Stranger Things co-star Joe Kerry is a better fit). He’s got the cockiness down but he seems more of a better fit for someone like Flash Thompson, or a villain.

But I can definitely see Wood as Sue. She’s a good pick.

The thing is that Johnny is kind of a jerk and Montgomery played that really well in Stranger Things. The difference between Johnny and Flash Thompson is that Johnny is a likable jerk and hero. I think Montgomery could pull that off. The MCU's bread and butter are cocky yet likable jerks like Tony Strark, Starlord, Stephen Strange etc.

I personally don't see Joe Kerry as Johnny, he'd make a decent Iceman though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"