MCU Fight: Hela Vs. Thor (Rematch)

Used the Tesseract to teleport. Or roll to the left/right. Turned Stormbreaker into a pillow with the Aether. Stopped time and moved to the left/right. Do I need to keep coming up with ideas?

I feel like Thanos was simply lashing out with the Gauntlet here as Thor blindsided him with a poweful lightning blast. Both Thanos and Strange have used the time stone to great effect but it clearly took them a few moments to operate it - Thor didn't give Thanos a second to recover from the lightning before he hurled Stormbreaker - had Thanos had a few moments to recover and think of something more creative ( even when he used the reality stone transformations against Star Lord 's gun he wasn't being attacked directly)
things might have been different, who knows ? Time stopping would seem to have been the best plan but IMO Thor's attack was just too fast and too powerful for Thanos to react to with anything other than a sudden blast of power. If Thor had gone for the head or the arm we wouldn't need a sequel to Infinity War.

First thing she did after escaping Hel was effortlessly crush mjolnir like an eggshell - pretty impressive, and that's before she returned to Asgard.

Yes, as my post said she's very powerful even without Asgard and a good case can be made for her. But there's still a big difference without Asgard since if it's is in play it's possible that she's truly unbeatable for anyone that can't resort to destroying the entire realm or lock her away.

Take away the Hammer, and what've you got? Hela destroyed one Hammer, what's to say she can't destroy a second? With the Hammer, Thor doesn't get the victory. Hela wins.

Take away the Hammer, and what've you got? Hela destroyed one Hammer, what's to say she can't destroy a second? With the Hammer, Thor doesn't get the victory. Hela wins.

One hammer that she was the original wielder of and presumably had some sort of control over.

She's never wielded Stormbreaker and it's considered the most powerful weapon in all of Asgard designed for an All-Father.

It's time for the next one on one fight, right?

After this battle I'm going to rematch Hela Vs. Thanos since The Russos said Thanos wasn't using the Power Stone vs Hulk in IW.

So therefore we haven't actually "Thanos (Power Stone)" in an actual onscreen fight in the films, so he will be changed to "Thanos (No Stones) for the Transcendent tier.

I'm looking forward to this one.

One hammer that she was the original wielder of and presumably had some sort of control over.

She's never wielded Stormbreaker and it's considered the most powerful weapon in all of Asgard designed for an All-Father.

I don't think the effortless destruction of mjolnir can be downplayed - first because that was Hela at presumably her weakest, and second Thor's reaction to it.

Hela fought against Odin's spear ( an All Father weapon) barehanded and still kicked Thor's ass.

I suspect Stormbreaker might be a new level in terms of weapons, and not so easily crushed, but I don't seeing it doing more than leveling the playing field. I think it gives Thor a chance of winning but nothing more.

Hela simply ignored being impaled several times, we have seen Thor get sliced and stabbed by Hela but not actually run through. I think she's probably the most indestructible and deadliest character we've seen so far in the MCU. But then she has to be, in order to be a challenge to its most powerful hero, Thor.

How that will change with Asgard being destroyed, who knows ?

I hope we see Hela again, she was such a great villain, and wonderfully portrayed by Cate Blanchett.

I don't think the effortless destruction of mjolnir can be downplayed - first because that was Hela at presumably her weakest, and second Thor's reaction to it.

Hela fought against Odin's spear ( an All Father weapon) barehanded and still kicked Thor's ass.

I suspect Stormbreaker might be a new level in terms of weapons, and not so easily crushed, but I don't seeing it doing more than leveling the playing field. I think it gives Thor a chance of winning but nothing more.

Hela simply ignored being impaled several times, we have seen Thor get sliced and stabbed by Hela but not actually run through. I think she's probably the most indestructible and deadliest character we've seen so far in the MCU. But then she has to be, in order to be a challenge to its most powerful hero, Thor.

How that will change with Asgard being destroyed, who knows ?

I hope we see Hela again, she was such a great villain, and wonderfully portrayed by Cate Blanchett.

Saying that Hela fought barehanded doesn't really convey the truth in my view. Aside that she used conjured weapons in the fight it's her suit that is the weapon, as she's modeled after Gorr the Godbutcher in that area.

I think her invulnerability is lost without Asgard, as I think they told that part visually through her suit immediately healing up when she arrives. She's still incredibly badass, but on Asgard she was perhaps invincible.

I agree that it would be awesome to see Hela again. It could be interesting to see a broken version of her, which would of course still be very dangerous. It would be best if she had a new motivation the second time though.

you guys are really biased, Hela takes this.

you guys are really biased, Hela takes this.

Everybody here is biased in some way, we can all agree to disagree like civilized folks. I think Hela takes this, but I can see arguments for Thor. I think the key is not to get too fired up. I am probably the only person in the English speaking world who thinks Toy Story is overrated.....there ! I said it ! But I don't let the ridicule of my peers get me down.

:D

You're right, Thor can't beat a completed IG wielding Thanos in a straight up fight. However let's not undersell it, Thanos was suprised several times throughout the film by several different charaters lets review how those played out. Spider-Man suprised him using Strange's portals, Star-Lord suprised him with a bomb, Drax suprisef him with hid knives, he was suprised by being hit with a freakin spacecraft, and even by heavy hitters such as Doctor Strange and Iron Man (with a building sized piece of Ebony Maw's ship).

None of that did anything whatsoever to him, meanwhile Thor's suprise attack ragdolled him, overpowered a beam from the completed IG and impaled him giving him a grievous injury causing him to retreat.

The surprise attack that ragdolled him didn't do anything to him though. It was the throw of stormbreaker that hurt him. The blast of lightning did nothing to him. The stormbreaker throw did the damage. Which is kind of funny, Thanos could have just side stepped from Stormbreaker's trajectory then one shotted Thor. But he didn't. Point being though, stormbreaker isn't an automatic win, and Thor isn't guarenteed to connect.

But against Hela, it doesn't matter. She was weaker than Thanos, not as durable, and not as "threatening". Thor should take this fight with high difficulty..but he takes it 8/10 times at this point

BT, I am gonna make it now. It's really hard for me to make them before Tuesday, yesterday, I had a follow up with my PCP and didnt have the time later on

You're also assuming Hela would just stand there and let it happen. She was far more skilled than that. Ask the giant waves of dead Asgardians. Likewise, Hela can stab and kill him with a giant blade. Did I mention she can make blade mountains?

Thanos is far more skilled than that too...given his disrespect of Hulk, and him being "undefeated in hand to hand combat", it seems Thanos is in her ballpark in terms of skill.

yet, Thor landed a throw. I can't see Thor and Hela having an entire fight where Thor doesn't land one hit with stormbreaker on Hela

Maybe, but I don't see her standing there waiting for the death blow. Thanos seemed to think nothing could hurt him, so he didn't move. Now he knows better. Hela won't just stand there.

The surprise attack that ragdolled him didn't do anything to him though. It was the throw of stormbreaker that hurt him. The blast of lightning did nothing to him. The stormbreaker throw did the damage. Which is kind of funny, Thanos could have just side stepped from Stormbreaker's trajectory then one shotted Thor. But he didn't. Point being though, stormbreaker isn't an automatic win, and Thor isn't guarenteed to connect.

But against Hela, it doesn't matter. She was weaker than Thanos, not as durable, and not as "threatening". Thor should take this fight with high difficulty..but he takes it 8/10 times at this point

Could Thor with Stormbreaker beat Hela, I say maybe.

But I totally disagree that she wasn't as threatening as Thanos. Thor was so concerned about her escaping Asgard and taking over the universe that he was willing to sacrifice his home planet.

As for being weaker and less durable than Thanos ? Dude we see Hela toss Thor around, during the throne room fight and that's after he almost KOd the Hulk. Again, remember the bit where she crushes Mjolnir ? She is clearly stronger than Thor.

We see Thanos bleed after Iron Man hits him, but we see Hela get impaled and does not even flinch.Even after being struck by Thor's massive blast of lightning he says " It did nothing". Nothing Thor does in the entire movie does anything more than slow Hela down. Which is kind of whole point.

If anything there is plenty of evidence, by comparing Hulk to Thor and Thor to Hela and their respective feats that she is physically stronger and more durable than Thanos.

The reason Thanos didn't dodge Stormbreaker was that he had just been knocked on his ass by a lightning blast. He didn't have time to use the gauntlet to do anything cool like stop time or turn Stormbreaker into a bird or teleport away, he just lashed out and Stormbreaker was simply too powerful to stop.

Agree to disagree I guess.

Could Thor with Stormbreaker beat Hela, I say maybe.

But I totally disagree that she wasn't as threatening as Thanos. Thor was so concerned about her escaping Asgard and taking over the universe that he was willing to sacrifice his home planet.

As for being weaker and less durable than Thanos ? Dude we see Hela toss Thor around, during the throne room fight and that's after he almost KOd the Hulk. Again, remember the bit where she crushes Mjolnir ? She is clearly stronger than Thor.

We see Thanos bleed after Iron Man hits him, but we see Hela get impaled and does not even flinch.Even after being struck by Thor's massive blast of lightning he says " It did nothing". Nothing Thor does in the entire movie does anything more than slow Hela down. Which is kind of whole point.

If anything there is plenty of evidence, by comparing Hulk to Thor and Thor to Hela and their respective feats that she is physically stronger and more durable than Thanos.

The reason Thanos didn't dodge Stormbreaker was that he had just been knocked on his ass by a lightning blast. He didn't have time to use the gauntlet to do anything cool like stop time or turn Stormbreaker into a bird or teleport away, he just lashed out and Stormbreaker was simply too powerful to stop.

Agree to disagree I guess.

Thanos beat Thor just as badly as Hela did, if not worse. He overpowered Hulk. Can't see her having an edge in strength. Thanos beat Hulk easier than Hela beat Thor.

As far as durability, who cares if he bled or didn't bleed? It did nothing to him.

The ONLY comparable feats they have are against the same exact attack. Bleeding doesn't matter when both characters took the same attack from Thor lol.They both took a lightning blast from Thor. Hela took a lightning blast from powerhouse Thor that sidelined her for about a minute. Thanos took a lightning blast from trans tiered Thor and got right up and attacked back (but to no avail).

Thanos had a better durability showing against the same attack by an upgraded Thor. If you want to argue the gauntlet boosted his durability, you can. But this is undisputable imo, it gives Thanos a clear durability edge.

Thanos beat Thor just as badly as Hela did, if not worse. He overpowered Hulk. Can't see her having an edge in strength. Thanos beat Hulk easier than Hela beat Thor.

As far as durability, who cares if he bled or didn't bleed? It did nothing to him.

The ONLY comparable feats they have are against the same exact attack. Bleeding doesn't matter when both characters took the same attack from Thor lol.They both took a lightning blast from Thor. Hela took a lightning blast from powerhouse Thor that sidelined her for about a minute. Thanos took a lightning blast from trans tiered Thor and got right up and attacked back (but to no avail).

Thanos had a better durability showing against the same attack by an upgraded Thor. If you want to argue the gauntlet boosted his durability, you can. But this is undisputable imo, it gives Thanos a clear durability edge.

First most of Hela fighting Thor was her toying with them, and both of them used weapons rather than pure hand to hand. We don't know how Thanos beat Thor, and whether the Black Order helped out, which is possible - Thanos also had the power stone, and Thor may have been unable to use his lightning powers in a spaceship full of refugees. Also, Thor was merely unconscious and badly beaten....as opposed to losing an eye.

Second, Hela falling a huge distance off palace balcony and then taking a leisurely stroll to the Bifrost ( whereas Thor leapt /flew there) had a lot more to do with her being sidelined.

Thanos got knocked over and then got up, and then took Stormbreaker in the chest, which had a bunch of purple blood on it afterwards.

I suggest to you that bleeding is indicative of injury - Hela took on full impalement and didn't even flinch or bleed - and Thor has shown us that Asgardians can certainly bleed.

I also suggest that the writers didn't have Hela fight Hulk for a very good reason - she would have killed him pretty quickly !

We are not going to agree on this, so I bid you good day , Sir.

Last edited:
Tru dat. Not sure why we're arguing it here, it just happened that way. The two threads are quite closely related though.
I wrote “wrong thread” because I actually posted my comment for the Thanos vs Hela battle here. Then I had to edit it out of here. :cwink:

The "Thanos Vs Hela" thread is up, that seems to be a better place to argue this.

The "Thanos Vs Hela" thread is up, that seems to be a better place to argue this.

Fair call. I couldn't resist replying to the earlier post, but you're right this is clearly Thanos v Hela material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"