MCU Inhumans

The Inhumans are way more interesting and iconic than the Eternals. Bring them into the F4 franchise.
Yeah.....totally agree. We can just pretend that the series never happened. Their intro to the comics would make a great FF movie.

I think most people haven't even seen the Inhumans TV series.

From your average movie goer, probably. But a lot of marketing for these movies is done by fans anymore, and I don't think fans, who are the people that did watch it, will spread the word the same way they will about a Doctor Strange or a Thor. I think the Inhumans are just not very popular and are very niche from a conceptual stand point. Unless you tie them to something people care more about, like a future FF project or another Avenger or something, I see an Inhumans movie failing to do better than Eternals or Shang-Chi. With the added disadvantage of being possibly more expensive to do

From your average movie goer, probably. But a lot of marketing for these movies is done by fans anymore, and I don't think fans, who are the people that did watch it, will spread the word the same way they will about a Doctor Strange or a Thor. I think the Inhumans are just not very popular and are very niche from a conceptual stand point. Unless you tie them to something people care more about, like a future FF project or another Avenger or something, I see an Inhumans movie failing to do better than Eternals or Shang-Chi. With the added disadvantage of being possibly more expensive to do

I think a space Game of Thrones would interest people.

I think a space Game of Thrones would interest people.

That is fine. I don't think it would. Not without some prior branding from more popular franchises and then spinning it off. If they did Inhumans tomorrow, I see Eternals returns

If you were like me who watched every Marvel live action show since 2012, or at least aware of that show you would remember the ABC show.

But good thing the public (I think) doesn't even remember it. If they could make it appealing and cool, people would show up - probably more than they showed up for Eternals due to COVID last year. I can see them or at least Medusa appearing in a f4 movie before an Inhumans movie. Atillan with a movie budget would look amazing.

That is fine. I don't think it would. Not without some prior branding from more popular franchises and then spinning it off. If they did Inhumans tomorrow, I see Eternals returns

The obvious film to introduce them would be Fantastic Four but they won't do it in the first one. Let's say that they introduce them in the second FF movie and there will be 4 years between the first and the second FF movie. That means we'll see them in 2028 and maybe a solo movie after that. I don't think they'll wait that long if they have any intention of actually introducing the characters especially as we already got Black Bolt in the Multiverse of Madness.

It doesn't have to be the FF, but I would do it in something else before they get their own franchise.

Aside from the Fantastic Four, the X-Men and its spin-offs, the next "new group or team" movie that Marvel Studios is going to launch, is going to be as obscure as GOTG/Eternals before their movie was released.

Imo, I find the Inhumans more interesting than the likes of Thunderbolts, Runaways, New Warriors and Squadron Supreme.

Since Black Bolt appearedin Doctor Strange 2, I think their chance of getting a 2nd chance for a feature film is much higher compare to when their show flopped.

I think the superpowers the inhumans have could make for some inventive and awesome action scenes. And in terms of appearance they look more interesting than the Eternals (then again the Eternals also look distinct in the comics, it's the movie that made them all look the same and, therefore, boring). If you do the Inhumans right then nobody will compare them to the Eternals.

I think the superpowers the inhumans have could make for some inventive and awesome action scenes. And in terms of appearance they look more interesting than the Eternals (then again the Eternals also look distinct in the comics, it's the movie that made them all look the same and, therefore, boring). If you do the Inhumans right then nobody will compare them to the Eternals.
I think they could a lot with Crystal. While the vfX team could do a lot of creative things with Medusa's hair. Lockjaw can be super marketable. Triton looks interesting.

The other three (Black Bolt, Karnak and Gorgon) I don't find them interesting- action wise but it would come down to how they are written/utilized in combat.

There are also interesting looking Inhumans that debuted in the 90s upto the 2010s.

You do anything "right" and it could be good. I am talking about marketability and I just don't think the Inhumans would be wildly popular right now. Just being Marvel properties doesn't make you a billion dollar idea.

And yes I know Black Bolt was in MoM, but I don't think that brief appearance moved the needle for him or the Inhumans. I don't think most of the Illuminati members were very memorable. Sans Xavier and maybe Reed.

I agree with you there but psylockolussus made a good point about that.

Aside from the Fantastic Four, the X-Men and its spin-offs, the next "new group or team" movie that Marvel Studios is going to launch, is going to be as obscure as GOTG/Eternals before their movie was released.

I don't think Marvel has any characters or teams left (outside of X-Men and the FF) to introduce that are guaranteed to be huge successes.

I agree with you there but psylockolussus made a good point about that.

I don't think Marvel has any characters or teams left (outside of X-Men and the FF) to introduce that are guaranteed to be huge successes.

But many of the other groups would likely be introduced elsewhere. Squadron Supreme likely are a multiverse thing that would tie into another property. The Thunderbolts are as we speak getting built up, etc. So it seems like these groups are being trickled slowly so anticipation is there. Which wasn't the strategy with the Eternals.

I will laugh so hard if Marvel makes an awesome Squadron Supreme (who are basically the Justice League) movie and beat DC at their own game.

The thing is that Marvel has done an excellent job of introducing characters, and thereby promoting them effectively, before their first movie when they felt the need to do so. I think this is going to continue. Inhumans "could" become quite popular given the right introduction (and after the stench dissipates LOL). I think the FF is the right introduction.

I wonder how long we have to wait to learn about the future of the MCU. Would be nice to at least know what 2024 and 2025 will bring.

I am betting we know the 2024 slate before end of year

I wonder how long we have to wait to learn about the future of the MCU. Would be nice to at least know what 2024 and 2025 will bring.
SDCC 2022 in July and D23 later this year.

We still don't know the fourth MCU movie for 2023 (which should be filming in a few months).

SDCC 2022 in July and D23 later this year.

We still don't know the fourth MCU movie for 2023 (which should be filming in a few months).

Based on the November date I would guess Blade with FF and FalconCap releasing in 2024.

The more I think about it, Marvel Studios would have to save something for phase 5 and 6. Marvel Studios would be preoccupied with the Fantastic Four, the Eternals and the X-Men up to early 2030s (if they get the 3quel treatment). Include the Avengers too. There would not be a lot of room for the Inhumans for the rest of this decade. So if they get a movie, it might take a decade from now. Also I can't see any of the Inhumans showing up in F4 until the 3rd F4 or 4th movie.

I still say the main advantage the Inhumans have, compared with the Eternals, is "tight concept". Its much easier to conceive of an actual story to tell with the Inhumans, from their concept and premise, than for the Eternals. Which is part of why Eternals has major plot issues, in order to turn the premise into a story it had to be a big, vague, deeply philosophical story. Whereas with the Inhumans, "Its a kingdom with an aristocracy, some of them want to reform it while others oppose reform" is pretty concrete and grounds the characters for the audience.

Inhumans' also look cool. So yeah I hope one day maybe in the mid 30s, we'd see Marvel Studios' Inhumans finally!

And I don't want another tv series.

Inhumans' also look cool. So yeah I hope one day maybe in the mid 30s, we'd see Marvel Studios' Inhumans finally!

And I don't want another tv series.
I wouldn’t mind another series as long as they spent enough money and,made a decent go of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"