MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by pr0xyt0xin, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyde

Hyde Ooga-Chaka

I want a Thanos-heavy Avengers 2, then Ultron built up for Avengers 3. Maybe 'Phase II' has something to do with Ultron?

2. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Cloud kicks ass

Mine would be:

late 2015: Antman
    2016: Thor: Surturs Revenge, Captain America: Modern Hero
    2017: Nova, Guardians Of The Galaxy 2, Winter-The Incedible Hulk 2
    2018: Dr. Strange, Avengers 3

3. BatsDC

BatsDC Side-Kicker

Ideally?

2015: Ms. Marvel
    2016: Dr Strange, Black Panther, Heroes for Hire
    2017: Iron Man 4, Thor 3, Namor The Submariner
    2018: Captain America 3, The Avengers 3

4. OB12

OB12 Well-Known Member

Fall 2015:
    Dr. Strange
    SHIELD - season 3

Spring 2016:
    Black Panther

Summer 2016:
    The Incredible Hulk 2

Fall 2016
    Thor: The Twilight Sword
    SHIELD - season 4

Spring 2017:
    Heroes for Hire

Summer 2017:
    Amazing Spider-Man 3
    Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty

Fall 2017:
    SHIELD - season 5

Summer 2018:
    Avengers 3

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  5. grout

grout Well-Known Member

Just a question,,,, as much as I would like to see all this happen. Dont you guys feel like it will lead to a little over saturation in the market. Kinda like a fad for a bit but then people may become a little bored with it after a point?

As much as Im sure there will be reasons why it wont, you really have to view this as everyone in here is a little biased towards this happening, I dont mean that in a bad way at all. Im just saying that we are all bigger fans of this then the average Joe so to speak. Seems like after a point the average movie going person will kinda be like "another marvel movie" damn.

6. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

Yes, absolutely. 3 a year should be rare, maybe just a one-time thing to finally get Ant-Man made.

7. DrCosmic

DrCosmic Professor of Power

I think 4 big superhero movies a year is not saturation, that's what we had in 2011 and it worked well (X-Men First Class, Thor, Green Lantern, Captain America). The question then just becomes a guessing game of how many other superhero movies are coming out that year? Right now, it's not really possible to tell what's going on in Summer 2016. Will the Justice League actually come out in 2015? Will it succeed and spinoff any other films? ASM2 will be in 2014, will they keep it coming on a two year jump, or will there be scheduling delays?

I think when you talk about smaller and not-quite-superheroic films like Hellboy II, Punisher War Zone and Wanted, you can have those in the same year with a Dark Knight, Hulk, Iron Man 2 and Hancock and still not flood the market, like in 2008. I think some of these films, like Heroes for Hire or Ant-Man or others, might benefit from being smaller off-summer films like that.

It's a balance, and a dance, but it's possible for MS to do four movies in an otherwise dry year. Three movies would probably be wiser though. 2 one year, 3 the next, 2-3-2-3.

8. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

Not one of them truly broke out, and one of them failed in almost every possible way. How is that working well?

9. grout

grout Well-Known Member

I got what your saying.. I guess what im getting at is at 1st its orginal and new. Then you get into as example Iron Man 1, 2, 3 etc.. Just seems like it will die out after a point, will not have the same kind of orginal flare that set it off in the 1st place. While we might alll enjoy the ongoing,,, the average movie guy might get bored, its no longer orginal and new to them..

10. OB12

OB12 Well-Known Member

We've seen mulple superhero movies per year every year since about 1999. If the bubble were going to burst, it would have by now.

11. grout

grout Well-Known Member

You could say the same about the reeve superman movies.. It was a downward trend.. Look at xmen..... X1, did good, X2 made more, X3 made around same, slightly more then X2... First class was a downtrend money wise from the upshot of 2 and 3. First Class was awesome..

Trust me not that they did bad at all, not what im saying... tooo much seems to start a downward trend.

12. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

It's not about a bubble bursting. Usually one or two come away as clear winners each year and the rest either do middling business or fail completely. Cramming more and more into each year is only hurting your odds of each movie being the one to really and truly catch on

It's like the CG animated films - they used to all do well, then studios started cramming more into each year, and we started to see ones that either came and went or flat out failed

You want to put each of your 150+M investments in the best position to succeed, and the way to do that is certainly not by flooding the market with them

13. Neo_3

Neo_3 Well-Known Member

This. 2011 gave us 3 new CBM and a reboot. They weren't no SM even Batman started in the 200s and a low showing WW. I would say the 4 did well all considered, maybe FC underperformed and GL bombed.

14. OB12

OB12 Well-Known Member

My comment was more on the macro-level whereas you are referring to the fate of the individual films. The superhero genre has its hits and misses, but on the whole the genre is wildly successful and doesn't look to be fading away anytime soon.

15. Neo_3

Neo_3 Well-Known Member

Which ones in 2013 will fail or do medicore business. IM3 and Thor 2 will not falter, its either Wolverine or MoS. If you consider XO:W a success, TW should follow suit. The wildcard is MoS the good thing is there is no DMC the following week.

As for 2014 the wildcard is GOTG and Ant-Man (if it gets released in 2014). WS should perform like a CBM sequel and DOFP and TASM2. TASM2 shouldn't see a decrease like SM2 did, but an increase like BB to TDK (smaller).

16. DrCosmic

DrCosmic Professor of Power

That's a good point, I chalked the failures entirely up to lack of quality in those films, and there was definitely lack of quality involved in those that did not do well, becomes that lack becomes all the more sharp when there are other similar films of equal or better quality nearby. Cap, even with its pitiful second half would have done great if he was the only game in town.

But at the same time, that doesn't show growth of the genre. I don't think we'd make these comparisons about action films in general.

17. Markyboy00

Markyboy00 Well-Known Member

I think 2 movies a year is perfect, but I think the main thing is that they keep showing the little hints and cameos leading to the other movies.. Thats a big part of keeping people interested and building the anticipation.. And would love to see them end the trilogy into 2, they did it with the last Potter movie and Pirates of the Carrib.. Let the villian win and wreck the good guys at the end of the first half.. And anything to do with Annihilation would be awesome.. And one hero they need to introduce, thats always been involved with shield, the avengers, guardians of the galaxy, fought thanos and fought in the annihilation war... QUASAR...

Have they even said that Thanos is going to be the villian for Avengers 2 yet? I think they should save him as the main big bad guy in Avengers 3.. Keep giving peeks of him, but save him until the end.. Let Utron be the illian in Avengers 2..

Phase 2
    IronMan 3(Have SHIELD involved.. Introduce Quasar or Black Panther)
    Thor 2 (Not sure)
    Captin America 2 (Have SHIELD involed alot.. Introduce Quasar or Black Panther)
    Guardians of the Galaxy (Have Thanos involved.. Thanos's origin.. Introduce Kree, Skrull, Shiar, Inhumans, Nova)
    Ant-Man (Introduce Wasp, Ultron, Vision)
    Avengers 2 (With Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Cap, Panther, Quasar, Vision Vs. Ultron)

Phase 3

Iron Man 4??(Maybe)
    Thor 3
    Captain America 3
    Hulk 2(Show Signs of Banner losing control of the Hulk)
    Quasar( Earth and Space.. Introduce any of the races)
    Guardians of the Galaxy 2 ( Battle Thanos and he escapes.. Peek at the end telling them that Thanos is heading towards Earth..)
    Inhumans
    Avengers 3 pt1 (Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Quasar, Hulk.. Thanos causes Banner to lose control and they have to fight hulk first And they send him off planet, Thanos escapes)
    Avengers 3 pt2 (Same cast.. Guardians get to earth, battle Avengers and then they team up and beat Thanos..)

18. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

revamped my list, and through vanity am using it to bump the thread:

Iron Man
    The Incredible Hulk
    Iron Man 2
    Thor: Journey into Mystery
    Captain America: The First Avenger
    Avengers

Iron Man 3
    SHIELD season 1 (Fall 2013)
    Thor 2: The Dark World
    Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    SHIELD season 2 (Fall 2014)
    Avengers 2: Ultron Imperative, May 2015
    Ant-Man

Captain America 3: Man Out of Time (May 2016)
    Heroes for Hire season 1 (Fall 2016)
    Doctor Strange (November 2016)
    Thor 3: Flames of Surtur (April/May 2017)
    Black Panther (August 2017)
    Heroes for Hire season 2 (Fall 2017)

Avengers 3 part 1: Thanos Quest (May 2018)
    Heroes for Hire season 3 (Fall 2018)
    Guardians of the Galaxy: War of Kings (November 2018)

Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel (May 2019)
    Heroes for Hire season 4 (Fall 2019)
    Avengers 3 part 2: Infinity Gauntlet (November 2019)

2020 and beyond:
    Namor the Submariner
    Planet Hulk/World War Hulk
    sequels to GotG/Black Panther/Doctor Strange

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  19. TheGuy

TheGuy Well-Known Member

Agree. :up:

20. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

For phase three I wuld like to see 3 movies a year. Two tentpoles during summer, and one lesser known property during November.This is where I would like to see some films that don't tie into the avengers franchise. I also assume that by phase 3, marvel studios will have gotten many more of their characters back. So anyway, here is my dream list.

May- The incredile hulk 2, dealing with the leader
    August- The Black Panther
    November- Dare-devil

May- iron-man 4
    August- captain america 3
    November- Doctor Strange

May- Thor 3 Ragnarok
    August- The incredible hulk 3
    November- Iron Fist

May- The Avengers 3
    Call this the beginning of phase 4 if you want
    August- Silver Surfer origin movie
    November- The Defenders:awesome:

21. Zarex

Zarex Well-Known Member

I'd love to see the following:

Ant Man - Winter/Early spring opening, leading to......

Avengers: Ultron - May opening with a post credit introduction to the new FF (a joint production between Marvel & Fox)

FF : Reborn - Marvel's first family travels to the Negative zone

Thor: Fall of Asgard

Captain America: Agent of Shield

Guardians of the Galaxy: Annihilation

2018:

Heroes for Hire - the team introduced in the SHIELD tv show hits the big screen

Avengers - Disassembled. This one has it all! The FF? sure. Guardians of the Galaxy? why not? Heroes for Hire? of course! Justice League? I'll get back to you, we're working on the rights. Spider-man? Captain Hammer? Richie Rich? Well, now you're being ridiculous, but you'll have to wait until 2018 to be sure.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  22. Markyboy00

Markyboy00 Well-Known Member

I have a question.. I keep hearing everyone talking about who has the rights to different titles.. Like I know Marvel dont have the Fantastic Four, X-Men, Spiderman.. What other titles don't Marvel have? And whos all included in all of these titles?? Like since Marvel dont have the X-Men, does that include every mutant in the Marvel Universe? Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were Avengers more than they were X-men.. Since Silver Surfer was in the FF movie, Marvel can't use him, Even tho he was also an Avenger.. Where do the Inhumans fall? They were first introduced in the Fantastic Four.. Are they off limits?

23. gzilla46

gzilla46 Well-Known Member

Howard the Duck Reboot -2015

Hulk 2 - 2014

I can't think of anything else.

24. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

To the best of my knowledge...

Fox currently owns the movie rights to:
    Fantastic Four (Silver Surfer, Galactus)
    X-Men (all X-Men characters except I believe Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch are shared with Marvel/Disney)
    Daredevil (Elektra, Bullseye,) [Kingpin was on loan from Sony]

and Sony owns the movie rights to:
    Spider-Man (and Spider-Man's villains including Kingpin)
    Ghost Rider

Marvel/Disney owns the rest I believe. The studios have to make a film every 7 years or so otherwise the rights revert back to Marvel. And I specify "movie" rights because as you may have seen the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon is currently being made by Disney.

EDIT: Just found out Daredevil is back in Marvel/Disney's pocket.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  25. Changeling

Changeling Well-Known Member

Movies I want:
    1. Daredevil reboot, make it ****ing happen itll be Marvels Batman, Daredevil is one of the greatest Marvel characters
    2. Black Panther, badass character, could also be Marvel's answer to Batman
    3. Dr Strange
    4. Namor the Submariner
    5. Heroes for Hire
    6. Fantastic Four reboot
    7. The Defenders

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.