MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Daredevil reboot, make it ****ing happen itll be Marvels Batman, Daredevil is one of the greatest Marvel characters
2. Black Panther, badass character, could also be Marvel's answer to Batman

I personally think Iron Man is Marvels version of Batman.. Billionaires, Playboys, homemade suits and weapons, Wayne Industries, Start Enterprises.. All the same except Ironman is more about weapons and Batman is more hand2hand..

Movies I want:
1. Daredevil reboot, make it ****ing happen itll be Marvels Batman, Daredevil is one of the greatest Marvel characters
2. Black Panther, badass character, could also be Marvel's answer to Batman
3. Dr Strange
4. Namor the Submariner
5. Heroes for Hire
6. Fantastic Four reboot
7. The Defenders

Why does Marvel need to answer to Batman?

Phase III

Thor 3--May 2016
Captain America 3--November 2016
Black Panther--May 2017
Antman 2-- November 2017
Avengers: Ultron Imperative--May 2018

Why does Marvel need to answer to Batman?

Did i say they need to?

I think itd be smart for them to capitalize on something similar. After all, Batman is probably the most famous superhero. Spiderman a close second.

Once again, they dont need to do that, but what I'm really trying to say is I think Marvel needs a gritty and somewhat real world (emphasis on somewhat as it is the MCU after all) franchise, and I think Daredevil would be perfect for that

:daredevil

Hey Marvel, do your own thing, you've got plenty of cool characters and stories to mine from.

I was just thinking, how about directors? Heres a few of my picks:

Cap 3 - Drew Goddard
Black Panther - Ryan Fleck/Anna Boden
Doctor Strange - Danny Boyle :word:
Thor 3 - Guillermo del Toro

idk. just mulling. :)

Hey Marvel, do your own thing, you've got plenty of cool characters and stories to mine from.

Wow...
they can still do their own thing, I didnt say to make it like Batman did i? No.

I just think itd be cool if they made a dark and gritty film for Daredevil. Not to be like Batman. But because Daredevil has always been dark and gritty :dry:

Youre so defensive of your marvel characters over here... I was basically saying itd be cool if marvel made a dark superhero film, and two people called me out...and what do most people think of when they hear dark superhero film? Batman. I dont think it should be copying Batman at all, as Daredevil is a great character in his own right.

Cap 3 - Drew Goddard

Its too bad that Del Toro didnt get to make the first Thor, he was attached for a while, I loved the way he was describing how hed make it. Kenneth Branaghs movie was great, but it fell flat and only accomplished the mininum of what a good superhero movie needs. I didnt think there was much creativity involved in Thor. There were no shots or images that really wowed me, aside from the scenes with the Frost Giants. If Guillermo Del Toro directed the first one I cant help but feel like it would have been the superior film.

Branagh did the mininum, as did Joe Johnston. I think they are both solid films and i can rewatch both but there was a LOT more they could have done with both of those. Is that the general consensus of the fanboys right now? Hopefully Thor 2 and Cap 2 arent as dull (i mean that in the politest way possible as I adore both of those characters) I just wish those two films could have been the same quality as The Avengers. If Del Toro had done the first Thor i feel that it could have been that same quality

I actually prefer Del Toro for Strange and hope that Taylor hits it out of the park and warrants his return for Thor 3 so we can have some consistency in the franchise.

Thor 2 is looking sooooooo good... I can definitely see the GOT influence.

Del Toro on Strange would be INSANE. I can see him going in a crazy trippy direction, theres so much you can do with Dr Strange's world

I personally think Iron Man is Marvels version of Batman.. Billionaires, Playboys, homemade suits and weapons, Wayne Industries, Start Enterprises.. All the same except Ironman is more about weapons and Batman is more hand2hand..

I absolutely agree. In fact. Id compare Cap to Superman, Iron Man to Batman and Thor to Wonder Woman. My comparison of Daredevil to Batman was because of the dark and gritty aspect which Iron Man is lacking

Did i say they need to?

I think itd be smart for them to capitalize on something similar. After all, Batman is probably the most famous superhero. Spiderman a close second.

Once again, they dont need to do that, but what I'm really trying to say is I think Marvel needs a gritty and somewhat real world (emphasis on somewhat as it is the MCU after all) franchise, and I think Daredevil would be perfect for that

:daredevil

Actually, you said it twice.

Daredevil would be fine, I just wouldn't want a whole sale Nolan lite take, because that's all it would be viewed as. Going back to gritty 70s crime films as as a source of inspiration is great, but don't just rip of TDK.

Black Panther, on the other hand, has no business being Marvel's answer to Batman. The world he inhabits needs to be similar in tone to the other Avengers solo films.

Cap 3 - Drew Goddard

The main guy I would like to see get involved is Alex Proyas (The Crow, Dark City, I Robot). I think he's got a great style and I think he'd be a potential good fit for a number of films.. Captain America, Hulk, Daredevil, Punisher, Black Panther or perhaps even Dr. Strange or Namor.

Stephen Norrington is another one... Ok, his LXG wasn't fantastic but it was ok and his work on the first Blade film was good. Do Marvel have the rights to Blade back yet? Perhaps they could get him back to reboot that or do Midnight Sons, if they can get Ghost Rider back too.. Perhaps Inhumans?

After seeing Dredd, Pete Travis is a name that comes to mind. I heard his Vantage Point wasn't that great but I thought Dredd was pretty awesome. Perhaps he would only be suited to something like Punisher though..

Someone for Heroes for Hire... Just spitballing here but possibly someone like John Singleton (I know he was supposedly attached to Luke Cage for ages), Paul McGuigan, Michael Davis , Joe Cornish or Pete Travis..

Last edited:

Cap 3 - Drew Goddard

Duncan Jones and Vadim Jean are directors who get mentioned a lot for projects like this. I hope to see them join the MCU sometimes.

To the best of my knowledge...

Fox currently owns the movie rights to:
Fantastic Four (Silver Surfer, Galactus)
X-Men (all X-Men characters except I believe Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch are shared with Marvel/Disney)
Daredevil (Elektra, Bullseye,) [Kingpin was on loan from Sony]

and Sony owns the movie rights to:
Spider-Man (and Spider-Man's villains including Kingpin)
Ghost Rider

Marvel/Disney owns the rest I believe. The studios have to make a film every 7 years or so otherwise the rights revert back to Marvel. And I specify "movie" rights because as you may have seen the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon is currently being made by Disney.

EDIT: Just found out Daredevil is back in Marvel/Disney's pocket.
I'd also note that Fox owns Super-Skrull by way of FF, but Marvel has the rights to the Skrulls as an alien race. And although Namor is technically a mutant, Marvel has the rights to him; he is not specifically an X-Men character.

Edited my list:

2016:

Summer - Doctor Strange
Winter - Thor: Journey Into Mystery

2017:

Spring - Black Panther
Summer - Captain America: Sentinel Of Liberty
Winter - The Black Widow

2018:

Spring - Namor The Sub-Mariner
Summer - Guardians of the Galaxy: Annihilation
Winter - The Avengers 3

PHASE IV:

2019:

Summer - Planet Hulk
Winter - The Black Widow

2020:

Spring - Inhumans
Summer - Doctor Strange 2
Winter - Marvel's The Infinity Gauntlet Part One: The Thanos Quest

2021:

Summer - Marvel's The Infinity Gauntlet Part Two: The Wrath of Thanos
Winter - Marvel's The Infinity Gauntlet Part Three: The Infinity War

TV Shows produced alongside SHIELD:

Blade
Daredevil

Last edited:
Taking a more conservative route than I did before

Cinematic Releases
2015 - Avengers 2, Planet Hulk
2016 - Cap 3, Dr. Strange
2017 - Black Panther, Thor 3, Captain Marvel
2018 - IM4/War Machine , Avengers 3

Television Shows
SHIELD - continues
Daredevil - Begins

Live Action Shorts (5-15 mins long, released on cinematic releases' DVDs to boost sales)
Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Heroes for Hire, She-Hulk, Black Widow & Hawkeye (maybe a short film trilogy?), Wonder Man, The Sentry (yeah, I said it!), Cloak and Dagger, Photon, Moondgraon

Someone mentioned directors, I'd want Bay for Planet Hulk, F. Gary Gray for Cap 3, Del Toro for Dr. Strange, Antione Fuqua for Black Panther, ??? for Thor 3, Patty Jenkins for Captain Marvel, Jon Favreau for Iron Man 4 and of course, Whedon for Avengers 3.
McG as showrunner for Daredevil.

The main guy I would like to see get involved is Alex Proyas (The Crow, Dark City, I Robot). I think he's got a great style and I think he'd be a potential good fit for a number of films.. Captain America, Hulk, Daredevil, Punisher, Black Panther or perhaps even Dr. Strange or Namor.

Stephen Norrington is another one... Ok, his LXG wasn't fantastic but it was ok and his work on the first Blade film was good. Do Marvel have the rights to Blade back yet? Perhaps they could get him back to reboot that or do Midnight Sons, if they can get Ghost Rider back too.. Perhaps Inhumans?

After seeing Dredd, Pete Travis is a name that comes to mind. I heard his Vantage Point wasn't that great but I thought Dredd was pretty awesome. Perhaps he would only be suited to something like Punisher though..

Someone for Heroes for Hire... Just spitballing here but possibly someone like John Singleton (I know he was supposedly attached to Luke Cage for ages), Paul McGuigan, Michael Davis , Joe Cornish or Pete Travis..

Wow!!! Godbless you man, I never thought I would see someone say that.

1st I always thought Proyas was good for Batman... The crow ,, dark city.. I think he could have brought allot to Batman. Proyas is cool

2nd Blade1 is my fav of the marvel charater movies... Why could not Norrington continue???

Anyways I agree sir.. Nice Picks

Taking a more conservative route than I did before

Cinematic Releases
2015 - Avengers 2, Planet Hulk
2016 - Cap 3, Dr. Strange
2017 - Black Panther, Thor 3, Captain Marvel
2018 - IM4/War Machine , Avengers 3

Television Shows
SHIELD - continues
Daredevil - Begins

Live Action Shorts (5-15 mins long, released on cinematic releases' DVDs to boost sales)
Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Heroes for Hire, She-Hulk, Black Widow & Hawkeye (maybe a short film trilogy?), Wonder Man, The Sentry (yeah, I said it!), Cloak and Dagger, Photon, Moondgraon

Someone mentioned directors, I'd want Bay for Planet Hulk, F. Gary Gray for Cap 3, Del Toro for Dr. Strange, Antione Fuqua for Black Panther, ??? for Thor 3, Patty Jenkins for Captain Marvel, Jon Favreau for Iron Man 4 and of course, Whedon for Avengers 3.
McG as showrunner for Daredevil.

Cosmic,, im with ya... but McG for Daredevil???

Bay can stay as far away from the MCU as humanly possible. I'd rather them let me direct Planet Hulk than Michael Bay. And I REALLY hope they don't let me direct Planet Hulk. :/

Basically I see a transitional block of films in the late 10's early 20's, Involving new properties, sequels to phase 2 and 3 properties, and maybe a surprise return to the marvel camp (Fantastic 4?) before they recast the big 3 Avengers.

I think Marvel Studios will do a reboot of the entire MCU if they ever get the rights to Spider-Man, X-Men & Fantastic Four back. I don't see those franchises fitting into a MCU that already has a lot of history. & then once Marvel has those franchises back, I think we'll finally see the "James Bond" approach to comic book movies. Unless DC does it first....lol I kid, DC will never do anything first in comic book movies again.

Anyway, I think Phase III might be the start of the street heroes. Perhaps they can even start taking over as the main characters of the MCU, since I'm going to assume Downey, Evans & Hemsworth won't stick around after Avengers 3.

Last edited:
Kevin Feige Talks Thanos and the Buildup to Marvel ‘Phase Three’

http://screenrant.com/marvel-movies-thanos-rumors-phase-two-three/

We succeeded in Phase One because we stuck to our guns and stuck to the plan. That plan took place over many, many years and it ultimately paid off. I see Phase Two unfolding in the same way of us taking our time, us doing what’s right for each individual movie, while folding in elements that will not only build up to the culmination of Phase Two, but even Phase Three.

Cosmic,, im with ya... but McG for Daredevil???

Bay can stay as far away from the MCU as humanly possible. I'd rather them let me direct Planet Hulk than Michael Bay. And I REALLY hope they don't let me direct Planet Hulk. :/

Hey! Picking directors is hard! Would love to hear some alternatives.

I think Pete Travis could pull off DD or Punisher as well. I just watched Dredd... very well done IMO.. Look forward to seeing more from pete.. I actually think Karl Urban could be a good DD.

Hey! Picking directors is hard! Would love to hear some alternatives.

Planet Hulk: JJ Abrams, Zack Snyder, Ridley Scott (Big movie, needs a big name)

Daredevil: Joe Carnahan, Spike Lee, Robert Rodriguez (Rodriguez did wonders for another Frank Miller comic flick. Why not again?)

although Daredevil isn't a film I'm too concerned about at this point. If he's the star of a TV series I suggest John Dahl or Steve Shill.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"