Watchin' you!
Reaction score
First battle will be

Jessica Jones

images

vs the Black Widow

source.gif

You know how this works, who you got?

Good point. I wasn't sure how to answer this at first, but remembering that Jessica isn't actually invulnerable makes it an easy win for Black Widow who is easily capable of taking Jessica down from a distance.

Natasha, in a walk. Yes, she's superhumanly strong and has enhanced durability. This won't matter worth a damn when Natasha is vastly more skilled, and has no need to let Jessica hit her, ever. Given how unskilled Jessica is, I'm honestly skeptical she could even do anything in melee without simply being redirected, but that shouldn't ever come up. Natasha is going to shoot her before she ever gets close to melee. And its going to be in the face. Repeatedly. Or, assuming she wants to go non-lethal, she shoots her repeatedly with widow sting taser shots that could slow down T'Challa *in* his suit of invulnerable vibranium. Either way, Jessica goes down hard.

The Widow held her own against Proxima Midnight, who was skilful and super strong - and with the right weapon nearly killed Circus Glaive.
If Jessica can be harmed by bullets Widow wins this pretty handily.

In a purely hand to hand contest with no weapons probably a different story though

Black Widow wins 3-0.

Next matchup:

The Falcon

source.gif

Vs the Vulture

EnviousEssentialAmericankestrel-size_restricted.gif

Would post their powers and all but you should have watched their moves! :argh:

How bulletproof is Jessica Jones ?
Judging by season 3, not very.

Black Widow wins 3-0.

Next matchup:

The Falcon

source.gif

Vs the Vulture

EnviousEssentialAmericankestrel-size_restricted.gif

Would post their powers and all but you should have watched their moves! :argh:
Falcon.
Falcon-aka-Sam-Wilson.gif

• Experience: Edge Falcon. He was an actual pilot before hand so he has years of military training over Toombes
  • Agility: Edge Falcon. Both guys can obviously fly but in terms of who can twist and turn on a pin I would say Falcon's always looked more agile.
  • Lethality: Edge Falcon. Both have weapons but Sam's combination of guns & missiles gives him a clear edge.
  • Strength: Edge Vulture. In terms of which of their flying suits seems stronger I'd have to say Vulture's as Sam's was taken down by Winter Soldier by hand.

Really? I actually thought Vulture had the edge in gear. If it's hand to hand, maybe I can see Sam winning but if it's in flight, I give Vulture the slight edge.

Really? I actually thought Vulture had the edge in gear. If it's hand to hand, maybe I can see Sam winning but if it's in flight, I give Vulture the slight edge.

What gear made you think this? I can't really think of anything Vulture had that he could use at range other than the energy gun he had that halved the boat.

Well I thought the wings themselves were like way more deadly that Falcon.

Falcon, and its not especially close. Toombs got by a *lot* on Peter being inexperienced. Sam is more skilled, has better tech, and more weapons.

Yeah id agree in terms of how lethal their wings are as purely melee weapons then Toombes takes the edge but other than that there's not a lot of advantages I would give him and Sam's combination of being a master pilot and his guns, missiles and Red Wing I just can't see him not landing a killing blow. Toombes wings were bulletproof I believe but there was a lot of meat still to hit there.

Falcon easily wins..............one freaking vote. I thought people would be interested in these kind of threads...............but I'm not quitter. :csad:

Next contest:

Vision with the mind stone
tenor.gif

Vs

Thor with Storm Breaker
ImmenseLeftLcont-max-1mb.gif

Thor

Ultron's vibranium body showed some wear and tear after being attacked by Iron Man, Vision and Thor with Mjolnir. I can see that happening to Vision after a couple of hits and lighting strikes from Stormbreaker.

This one calls for a shout out to @BigThor ( who is a master of vs threads) , @Mjolnir Reborn @Stormborn and all the other serious Thor fans.

Given Vision's established vulnerability to electricity - in Civil War - Thor wins this easily, after his power up in Ragnarok Thor could win this bare handed ( Thor Lebowski maybe not so easily depending on how sober he was).

Given that Vision nearly died from a wound from one of Thanos' flunkies' weapons Stormbreaker is going to make sshort work of him.

Also, Vision's control of the mind stone is pretty minimal - and his aim against moving targets is pretty crappy with its blasts - so much so that its almost a liability ( Glaive turned it's power back against him and he crippled a team mate with a poorly aimed shot).

Last edited:

On the Falcon vs Vulture I think folks are forgetting how fast the Vulture wings are and that they include blades which can cut through concrete pillars, leg talons and appear to be much much much more durable than Sam's wings ( I doubt Bucky could disable them with a simple cable ).

I give Sam the edge in aerial agility, but perhaps not pure speed.

Sam can win this one if he manages to keep Toombes at a distance and put a bullet through Toombes' helmet. TBH his rockets weren't all that impressive in Civil War ( not sure if they would hit a fast moving target like Vulture and his wings ) and Sam's guns were more rapid fire than accurate. Also if Sam is spending a lot of time evading its going to be tough to line up and hit a small moving target like Toombes' head.

As I state nearly every time, the battlefield terrain makes a big difference - if the space is enclosed then Sam is in deep ****, in an open sky the odds are much more even.

Last edited:
Thor

Ultron's vibranium body showed some wear and tear after being attacked by Iron Man, Vision and Thor with Mjolnir. I can see that happening to Vision after a couple of hits and lighting strikes from Stormbreaker.
So you think it was have been more even with Mjolnir than with Stormbreaker?

Sure, since that would implicitly also mean pre-Ragnarok. Prior to that, I'd say they are an even match. Its only after Thor both embraced his full god powers and acquired Stormbreaker that he moved fully outside of Vision's weight class.

( Well, barring the Vision fully exploiting the Mind Stone, but outside of like once he never did, and I think its supposed to be something he actually in-story never mastered. )

So, where's the next matchup?

I didn't think anyone was really interested. :funny: I will put a new one up tonight.

Thor easily handles Vision. 3-0. Next up:

In one corner, we have Captain America
giphy.gif

vs the man not from Earth but Missouri: Star Lord
4e560e6b5c01181834139f43a17c8227.gif

Who we got?

Thor easily handles Vision. 3-0. Next up:

In one corner, we have Captain America
giphy.gif

vs the man not from Earth but Missouri: Star Lord
4e560e6b5c01181834139f43a17c8227.gif

Who we got?

Cap, and it's not close. Cap's shield can handle Quill's blasters and once this gets into hand to hand range Cap KO's Quill quickly.

Star Lord pretty much took out Iron Man and Spiderman in Infinity War. You don't think with his gadgets it would be close?

Cap also basically took out Iron Man and Spider-man in Civil War, and he did it despite Iron Man having a computer program specifically designed to counteract Cap's fighting skill. Cap wins this match (unless Quill can use Ego powers, which I'm assuming he can't).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"