MCU vs thread....controversy and chaos

Star Lord pretty much took out Iron Man and Spiderman in Infinity War. You don't think with his gadgets it would be close?

His gadgets are the only thing that make it even remotely close. IMO Star Lord really only slowed Iron Man down momentarily and as @Bayne has mentioned Cap has defeated both Spider and Iron Man ( and Spider without too much effort). Also Star Lord had the element of surprise on his side - had it been a straight up fight I think Iron Man and Spider would have whooped Star Lord.

With his Ego powers I would say its a stomp for Quill.

Depending on just how much of his tech he gets I could see Quill taking this but he'd need neither The Milano or The Hadron Enforcer imo I would probably say to give him a clear edge.

Otherwise I think Cap edges it.

The problem for Peter here is that he has no "type advantage" to exploit. Starlord vs someone like Iron Man is a situation where he can exploit his cleverness and quick wits to disorient the foe with unexpected attacks from odd angles. Unfortunately for him, that is basically what Steve Rogers does, too, albeit in different ways. Its Tactician vs Tactician+Demibrick.

Cap

Cap's shield makes all the difference and would help him close the distance on Peter.

Cap wins 5-0 in a landslide. I'm hoping the next contest will be harder. I'm trying guys. :csad:

Ronan the Accuser
images

vs
Iron Man
giphy.gif

Does Ronan have the Power Stone? That's pretty much the determining factor. If he doesn't have the Power Stone, he's a decently tough brick who Tony will take apart with his superior array of weapons, if with some modest amount of difficulty. If Ronan *does* have the Power Stone. . . well, I suppose its not *entirely* impossible he'd come up with some way to steal the thing, presuming Tony is wearing the Bleeding Edge armor. But the odds are not great.

Iron Man

Since it's Ronan sans the Power Stone, Iron Man should be able to wear him down eventually. Just as long as he stays airborne and out of reach.

Yeah, this one is potentially close, but if Ronan can't use the power stone (or his armies) then he shouldn't really be able to reach Tony with his attacks, so eventually Tony can take him out.

Ronan with the power stone could eventually overpower Tony. Without the stone Tony's armour probably has enough firepower to wear Ronan down ( he's incredibly strong and tough, stone or no stone - and crazy too).

Tony also has a huge mobility advantage ,so battlefield conditions would be a big factor

Man are you guys hard to please! :argh: But I think I finally may have a matchup that is closer in votes this time, hopefully. Anyway, IronMan defeats Ronan 4-0. Next match up:

The knight of Wakanda: Black Panther

source.gif

vs The most dangerous woman in the galaxy: Gamora

9ac2dfaf4f866b85c6013b88b8ce297f.gif

It's a fight that can take place in close quarters since neither really uses projectiles so who we got and why!

Gamora

Far stronger than T'Challa and would essentially ragdoll him around.

T Challa takes this pretty handily : Gamora gets taken out by Quill with a gadget in GOTG vol 1 and nearly gets shanked in prison by a couple of losers.

She's awesome against faceless henchmen but otherwise her feats are pretty underwhelming. She sort of beats Nebula in a fight - but other than lifting the spaceship gun in GOTG vol 2, she really doesn't do all that much that's impressive.

Also T Challa's vibranium suit makes him likely impervious to her attacks and more than capable of harming her ( vibranium claws and the kinetic absorption/explosion device).

In contrast T Challa gets the upper hand on Bucky and holds his own with Cap - not to mention his fights with Killmonger and a ton of Wakandan warriors.

Hmm. Honestly I'd say it depends largely on how effective her sword is versus vibranium. She is probably stronger and tougher, but not a degree that is insurmountable versus T'Challa's long underwear of invincibility. She might technically be tougher, but again, not to the degree that matters versus super strength + vibranium claws.

If her sword is like the "godslayer" in the comics, and sharp enough to readily cut through T'Challa's undies? She probably wins; he's good, but not so good as to avoid ever being hit. If not? It becomes a game of "I hit you, you get a nasty bleeding wound that slows you down, you hit me, I am barely harmed and then blast you with kinetic force".

Hmm. Honestly I'd say it depends largely on how effective her sword is versus vibranium. She is probably stronger and tougher, but not a degree that is insurmountable versus T'Challa's long underwear of invincibility. She might technically be tougher, but again, not to the degree that matters versus super strength + vibranium claws.

If her sword is like the "godslayer" in the comics, and sharp enough to readily cut through T'Challa's undies? She probably wins; he's good, but not so good as to avoid ever being hit. If not? It becomes a game of "I hit you, you get a nasty bleeding wound that slows you down, you hit me, I am barely harmed and then blast you with kinetic force".

Don't see Gamora being tough enough to survive being repeatedly slashed by vibranium claws - When a couple of prison shivs held her at bay, unless she was faking it.

giphy.gif

T'Challa for the win.

She has no way to physically incapacitate BP while T'Challa only needs to land one swipe of his claws.

Okay, so as fun as it is for me to consider these type of match-ups, I've gotten exhausted trying to do this with so many versions/evolutions of the same characters.

Examples:
Iron Man mk 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/42/50/85 vs Ronan (CM)/(w/o power stone)/(w/powerstone)
Captain Marvel vs Thor (fat)/(stormbreaker)/(ragnarok)/(classic)

So I made a graph. Feast your eyes upon it and tear it apart!!! :D

power.jpg

I left off Dr. Strange because um, he's SO difficult to place. I don't think he's ever won a battle based on his power, but rather based on manipulation of events. I may try to add him at a later date (or based on feedback).

Next up:

Killmonger
giphy.gif

vs
The Red Skull
giphy.gif

Okay, so as fun as it is for me to consider these type of match-ups, I've gotten exhausted trying to do this with so many versions/evolutions of the same characters.

Examples:
Iron Man mk 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/42/50/85 vs Ronan (CM)/(w/o power stone)/(w/powerstone)
Captain Marvel vs Thor (fat)/(stormbreaker)/(ragnarok)/(classic)

So I made a graph. Feast your eyes upon it and tear it apart!!! :D

power.jpg

I left off Dr. Strange because um, he's SO difficult to place. I don't think he's ever won a battle based on his power, but rather based on manipulation of events. I may try to add him at a later date (or based on feedback).
Your chart is all over the place. You have Hela over a Celestial and freaking Batroc over T'challa. :huh:

Going with Killmonger on this one

Killmonger

Vibranium suits are no joke.

Your chart is all over the place. You have Hela over a Celestial and freaking Batroc over T'challa. :huh:

Okay, for sure Batroc over T'Challa will be fixed.

But I do believe Hela would beat Celestial Star-Lord. Sorry if the chart made it unclear, but that's Star-Lord, not just "a celestial"

I think the Star-Lord we saw with celestial power wouldnt be able to surmount Hela's power and skill with said power.

Good input!

With or without the suit, Killmonger takes Red Skull

RS may have a slight strength advantage, but fighting skills, tactical skills, endurance, all go to N'Jadaka

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"